KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From presser: Thank our dispatchers.

(FWIW: I've never heard LE thank dispatchers like they do in this case. Very cool, imo.)
Yes! Their role in ongoing situations is just so vital. They are the person that gets all these calls and right now I've been listening to the scanner and so many are calling in strange people walking, hearing gunshots, etc. They are likely having a massive increase in calls these last 2 days and are on alert for any possible call that could be THE call. They have all been so calm in relaying the info I have listened to. It's just amazing how well they all work together and communicate in order to keep each other safe and the community safe. Really cool to listen to them.

SEP 9, 2024

3:30 p.m. update: KSP search continues, authorities say Couch was honorably discharged from Army Reserve

KSP Public Affairs Officer Scottie Pennington said in a Monday afternoon media briefing that first responders continue to search for Couch and hope to draw him out by applying pressure.

... While officials are utilizing many available resources, Pennington emphasized the dangers of the terrain compared to a typical search.

Almost 48 hours after a gunman shot five people on a Kentucky interstate, police say they’re hoping that constant pressure and an intense search effort involving drones, helicopters, dogs and dozens of officers will lead to the suspect’s capture.

"It is like a jungle. And we have Cliff beds, we have sinkholes, we have caves, we have culverts that go under the interstate. We have creeks and rivers and the dense brush," said a state police spokesman during Monday's news conference. "We got to go and make sure no rock is unturned, to find not just him, but find evidence."

Pennington said safety is the first priority of everyone involved in the search, even if it means they have to go at a snail’s pace. “We are committed to make sure that there is no harm to anybody in the community and also our first responders on the ground,” Pennington said.

Last edited:
If there were no deployments during Couch's service in the National Guard, then I'm not sure where PTSD comes in, but perhaps I am missing something and don't understand how that could be the case, based on his service in the National Guard.
Another article up thread also mentions his service in the Reserves prior to NG service. But it didn't detail if he was or was not deployed. IDK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back