KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 11, 2021
Day Five:
  • KSP said yesterday they have no reason to believe Couch is not in Daniel Boone National Forest.
  • The USDA announced certain parts of the Sheltowee Trace Trail would be closed.
  • There is no scheduled news conference today but LE will update as information becomes available.
  • There is a reward of $35,000 for any info leading to the arrest of Joseph Couch.
Kentucky State Police Master Trooper Scottie Pennington said troopers had been brought in from across the state to aid in the search. He described the extensive search area as “walking in a jungle,” with machetes needed to cut through thickets.
Crazy but I hiked a section of Sheltowee Trace Trail just last month. I was working in the area and decided to take a day of hiking before heading home.

I am convinced he has an accomplice

Amateur opinion and speculation
What makes you say that?

He buys a gun that morning. He tells someone he's going to kill himself after killing a lot of people. He fires, then runs into the woods, abandoning his vehicle, rifle, and countless rounds of ammunition.

Where does an accomplice fit in here?

I don't see this guy as someone living as a fugitive in the woods. For some reason, he doesn't strike me as the type to survive (quietly) trapping small animals for food and/or sustaining himself on nuts and berries.

jmo (and I could be wrong)
I'm thinking that if he lived in the mountains of Kentucky when he was growing up, he would be familiar with the mountains and have some outdoorsman skills.

And since he was in the U.S. Army, he likely had outdoor survival training and stealth concealment training.

So it's quite possible that he could live out in the woods.

I'm thinking that if he lived in the mountains of Kentucky when he was growing up, he would be familiar with the mountains and have some outdoorsman skills.

And since he was in the U.S. Army, he likely had outdoor survival training and stealth concealment training.

So it's quite possible that he could live out in the woods.
I suppose, but I don’t think his mental state indicates that he intended to do that, nor do I think he was at all prepared for that.

All things considered, he inflicted a great deal less damage than he could have. He had enough ammo to fill dozens of magazines, yet appears to have only fired one before taking off.

It’s like he had this big grand plan in his mind, and then suddenly decided to half *advertiser censored* it.

I think he freaked out or lost his nerve, but entered the woods as he intended. Starving, tired, eaten alive by bugs; if he didn’t have the guts to kill himself right away, I think he did eventually.

"...He buys a gun that morning. He tells someone he's going to kill himself after killing a lot of people. He fires, then runs into the woods, abandoning his vehicle, rifle, and countless rounds of ammunition...."
Jumping off your reply to Roses and snipping your post for emphasis, MassGuy.

What if this is all intentional because it's what he wants LE/everyone to believe?

Buys a gun that morning (This was a rash decision and no planning went into it.) - Instead, could have very well been planning for a while.

Tells someone he's going to kill himself after killing a lot of people. (Don't look too intently for me. My body will probably never be found anyway.) Diversion as he makes his way to planned location to wait for LE to assume his body is in the woods somewhere.

Runs into the woods abandoning vehicle. (I have no means to go very far.) - Knew that vehicle would be of no use as soon as bolo was out. Could have planned other means to flee area if not hiding out deep in the woods with stashed essentials.

Abandoning rifle and ammunition. (I'll be unarmed.) - Seems likely he has another as one was said to be used during previous run in with neighbor.

MOO

Jumping off your reply to Roses and snipping your post for emphasis, MassGuy.

What if this is all intentional because it's what he wants LE/everyone to believe?

Buys a gun that morning (This was a rash decision and no planning went into it.) - Instead, could have very well been planning for a while.

Tells someone he's going to kill himself after killing a lot of people. (Don't look too intently for me. My body will probably never be found anyway.) Diversion as he makes his way to planned location to wait for LE to assume his body is in the woods somewhere.

Runs into the woods abandoning vehicle. (I have no means to go very far.) - Knew that vehicle would be of no use as soon as bolo was out. Could have planned other means to flee area if not hiding out deep in the woods with stashed essentials.

Abandoning rifle and ammunition. (I'll be unarmed.) - Seems likely he has another as one was said to be used during previous run in with neighbor.

MOO
It’s possible, but this guy profiles to me as your run of the mill, mentally unstable mass shooter.

I think he was angry, and just tried to wing it.

What makes you say that?

He buys a gun that morning. He tells someone he's going to kill himself after killing a lot of people. He fires, then runs into the woods, abandoning his vehicle, rifle, and countless rounds of ammunition.

Where does an accomplice fit in here?
After the fact getaway transport. Transport, subsequent concealment, not necessarily involved in the commission of the initial shootings.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back