KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Then this must be the “terroristic incident” for which he was arrested.
That case was dismissed, we’ve read, because the victim did not appear in court.

According to this article, he threatened the neighbor and the neighbor’s 9- year old child, saying he’d shoot them, but the neighbor did not show up in court.

The argument had to do with the neighbor’s dogs, and he said he didn’t show up because he was not notified of the court date.

Darn it. I hoped today was the day they got him.

SEP 11, 2024
The county-level state of emergency allows the local government to "pull from the state and federal level" for items needed in the search, Judge Executive David Westerfield told FOX 56. It went into effect Monday at 8 a.m. and will stay in place until the incident is over, at which time they'll end the declaration, Westerfield said.

"This is not a small area,” said Kentucky State Police Trooper Scottie Pennington. “This is not like going across the road and looking in the woods and finding somebody. This is the national forest. This is thousands and thousands of acres where Mr. Couch could have went and we have no evidence at this time that Mr. Couch has left there."

The forest spans more than 2.1 million acres, including state and privately owned land, according to the Forest Service. The agency manages over 707,000 acres of the area and Pennington said it's been assisting with the search.

In addition to the Forest Service, multiple law enforcement agencies are also helping with the search effort, including the FBI, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, local police forces, sheriff's departments and the U.S. Marshals Service, Pennington said. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has also provided boats to navigate rivers in the forest.

He could make it across the Canadian border in eight hours or less. If he made it out of the bush, I suspect that’s where he headed.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I am offended with the oft repeated idea that when a US criminal can't be found he must be heading for Canada. :/ As if Canada has no law enforcement.

He can hide much more effectively by staying in the US. Unless, of course, he knows Canadian fundamentals such as how to order a double-double from Timmie's and pay for it with loonies and toonies.

He'd only have to speak three words before everyone he met in Canada would know he was from Kentucky. Nah, he'd be more likely to survive in hiding in the US.

I am offended with the oft repeated idea that when a US criminal can't be found he must be heading for Canada. :/ As if Canada has no law enforcement.

He can hide much more effectively by staying in the US. Unless, of course, he knows Canadian fundamentals such as how to order a double-double from Timmie's and pay for it with loonies and toonies.

He'd only have to speak three words before everyone he met in Canada would know he was from Kentucky. Nah, he'd be more likely to survive in hiding in the US.
Oh please don’t be offended! I’m sure that the mindset is not that Canada has no law enforcement, it’s just criminals are just dumb thinking that change of country = not being caught.

I spent a month in Canada the summer going into college… oh how I loved Tim Hortons. To be young again…

But I honestly don’t think he is in Canada. Moo

I just want to clarify... Kentuckians don't all sound the same when speaking. Some New Yorker's often thought I was from Texas, some Bostonian's thought I was from another planet, and most Californian's just made sure I was speaking English. However, we certainly have "our" accent. There were times when I traveled back to my home in the mountains, I had to listen closely and follow the topic or... I cudn't unnerstan whut they wuz a-sayin'. :D I love us all no matter how we sound :)

jmo

Also they might need to make sure the dumpsters behind groceries have security cameras ?
Eventually he'll run low on food if J.C. is still alive, and will have to sneak some from stores or garbage containers.
Disappointed he hasn't been apprehended yet.
Not going to lose hope though.
He doesn't come off as the 'woodsy' type or a survivalist.
Omo.

Oh please don’t be offended! I’m sure that the mindset is not that Canada has no law enforcement, it’s just criminals are just dumb thinking that change of country = not being caught.

I spent a month in Canada the summer going into college… oh how I loved Tim Hortons. To be young again…

But I honestly don’t think he is in Canada. Moo
You are sweet, Rosy. Thank you. That is exactly what I intended to mean. You get the international thread peacekeeper award of the day! : )

I think he was doing this crap to spite his ex-wife. Now he is in a quandry as to what to do now since he dumped his rifle, ammo and phone. Need to remember he had other guns. He doesn't seem very bright to me.
Did he have a job? He had a newish car and a $3000 new gun that he abandoned. He made himself a fugitive.... why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero
Back