KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope nerosleuth and others thinking along the same lines are right. Yet, I’m still imagining this perp coward watching from afar and chorteling.

Amateur opinion and speculation
The way I see it is that there are three possibilities that happened when Couch fled into the woods after the mass shooting incident on I-75.

The first possibility is that when he fled the shooting scene, he had an terrain vehicle stashed nearby and was able to flee from the woods. I'm thinking of an ATV or dirt bike.

The second possibility is that he is still hiding somewhere deep in the woods. He could be hiding under ground, perhaps an old cave or mine shaft. He could be hiding along the edges or outside of the national forest.

The third possibility is that he is deceased somewhere in the woods.

I believe that he had throughly planned out how he was going to escape and hide out before he committed the mass shooting.

I'm keeping an open mind about what could have transpired after Couch fled the scene of the crime.

The way I see it is that there are three possibilities that happened when Couch fled into the woods after the mass shooting incident on I-75.

The first possibility is that when he fled the shooting scene, he had an terrain vehicle stashed nearby and was able to flee from the woods. I'm thinking of an ATV or dirt bike.

The second possibility is that he is still hiding somewhere deep in the woods. He could be hiding under ground, perhaps an old cave or mine shaft. He could be hiding along the edges or outside of the national forest.

The third possibility is that he is deceased somewhere in the woods.

I believe that he had throughly planned out how he was going to escape and hide out before he committed the mass shooting.

I'm keeping an open mind about what could have transpired after Couch fled the scene of the crime.
I have family there, am in the area often. Some other possibilities are that:
- He hitchhiked out of the area with a trucker. No one knew who the shooter was for a few hours. He was right there at an exit, could have snagged a ride immediately before the interstate was closed. Or he could have ran through the woods down to the next exit. There are lots of gas stations and restaurants off exit 41. Trust me that there would have been lots of bathroom stops at exit 41 after folks were stuck on the highway for 3+ hours, and he could have simply blended in and caught a ride. I take that exit frequently, often see hitchhikers.
- A friend or family member is sheltering or aiding him.
- He ran to the opposite side of the bridge (west) than where they are searching. Could be in any number of the many vacant cabins around Somerset by the lake instead of east in the Daniel Boone forest.
- There are LOTS of empty homesteads in the mountains if he traveled east to Clay or Leslie County. I can think of five vacant homesteads, including three in my own family, just in the holler where I grew up. And there are dozens of hollers. A lot of the homes stay stocked with food and supplies for family visits. Lots of folks have gardens, he could steal vegetables at night.

Lots of possibilities. I’ve got lots of family in and around London, anxiety is high.

SEP 17, 2024
... Beshear said he encourages residents to avoid the forest, as authorities are using cameras in an effort to track Couch’s movements if he is still alive in the woods. They will also continue to use aircraft to search “when available,” Beshear said.

"Bringing boots on the ground from the forest into the communities is going to give the best reassurance to our citizens that if he's still out there, we are right here," Beshear added.

... they have placed cameras around the forest that can detect movement and will be monitoring them.

The U.S. Marshals Service is considering Couch a fugitive, spokesperson Jeremy Honaker said in the release. The federal fugitive task force, a law enforcement body focused on capturing wanted violent criminals, will continue to provide resources to local and state agencies in the search for Couch.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back