KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s actually mentioned in the article. The sister says something about the interview done in the docuseries being different from what KSP has told them, personally.
I guess I was focused on the other poster alluding to something just after the second paragraph.

I give up on the cryptic references, then.

I guess I was focused on the other poster alluding to something just after the second paragraph.

I give up on the cryptic references, then.

My last post wasn’t cryptic. They talk about how the info that was given during the interview on the docuseries isn’t the info that KSP told the family. It provides the information that they’re referencing in the article. Also, she was saying that two paragraphs in the article stood out to her, not something after the second paragraph. I was saying that I thought one of the things was the conflicting info given in the docuseries vs what LE told them.

My last post wasn’t cryptic. They talk about how the info that was given during the interview on the docuseries isn’t the info that KSP told the family. It provides the information that they’re referencing in the article. Also, she was saying that two paragraphs in the article stood out to her, not something after the second paragraph. I was saying that I thought one of the things was the conflicting info given in the docuseries vs what LE told them.
I was referring to figuring out her cryptic post.

As for what you are talking about, it’s not against TOS to discuss what the sister said to MSM.

I have often wondered if these murders were committed by someone looking for opioids. Although it has been decades since I experienced the loss of someone at home who was in hospice care (thankfully) I recall that when the coroner came, all pain medication was accounted for and confiscated. I have no idea what the protocol is now but would assume it’s even more stringent. I can’t explain the trauma and torture these ladies endured without thinking it must be drug related.
@jULIA_bEE what do you make of the other man who suffered a similar torture years before as revealed in the oxygen bonus? Mr. Duckett I believe. Tied to a chair in his bathroom and tortured. IMO perhaps that perp was also looking for drugs. TIA.

Nothing was out of place, and nothing missing. If they were looking for drugs it would have been ransacked, or at the very least rummaged through.

Nothing was out of place, and nothing missing. If they were looking for drugs it would have been ransacked, or at the very least rummaged through.

Is there a link to the info that there was no rummaging?

I found this saying nothing was missing, but are we sure there was a lack of ransacking? “As for a motive... investigators were stumped. Nothing of value seemed to be missing from the home - at least, nothing of importance: no prescription drugs, jewelry, or electronics were noted as being missing.”
Bardstown (Part Two: Kathy & Samantha Netherland) — Unresolved

Also of note (BBM): “However, Gregory notes that "based on the evidence and the investigation, it doesn't appear that they were randomly targeted."
Who killed Ky. mom, teen daughter remains a mystery

Is there a link to the info that there was no rummaging?

I found this saying nothing was missing, but are we sure there was a lack of ransacking? “As for a motive... investigators were stumped. Nothing of value seemed to be missing from the home - at least, nothing of importance: no prescription drugs, jewelry, or electronics were noted as being missing.”
Bardstown (Part Two: Kathy & Samantha Netherland) — Unresolved

Also of note (BBM): “However, Gregory notes that "based on the evidence and the investigation, it doesn't appear that they were randomly targeted."
Who killed Ky. mom, teen daughter remains a mystery

There was an interview with the daughter that she notes they only asked her about the placement of a chair. IMO if the place were ransacked they would not ask about a single chair's placement, they would ask about many items.

There was an interview with the daughter that she notes they only asked her about the placement of a chair. IMO if the place were ransacked they would not ask about a single chair's placement, they would ask about many items.

I wonder how they knew nothing was missing? Given that all the home’s occupants were now deceased?

I think they were asking about the chair, specifically, bc there were rumors that Kathy and/or Samantha had be

How would she know exactly what (if anything) her mother had hidden, and that nothing was missing? But, I am stretching my brain here, beyond known facts.

I guess there’s no way to know for sure. I haven’t lived with my parents for almost 10 years now but I would probably be able to tell if their house was gone through and things were taken, especially if things were out of place. If someone went in and took a couple small items though, I’d never know. It’s not something I would probably notice in my house, as long as every thing was in place and looked the same. I found a link to the oxygen articles that reference the interview on the docuseries with the oldest daughter. I don’t buy the whole gang initiation angle but it does come across as if the house didn’t appear as if it had been ransacked. I’ll have to look around some more bc I thought I had read an account from Kathy’s father about what he saw when he entered the house that day when he went to check on them.
The Bardstown Netherland Murders Were A Gang Initiation, According To Anonymous Inmate

How would she know exactly what (if anything) her mother had hidden, and that nothing was missing? But, I am stretching my brain here, beyond known facts.
I agree with Julia B. I can tell you where everything is in my dads house and I haven't lived with him in many years. Muy Curioso has done some amazingly detailed research and while I doubt we will ever know for certain, I think even the opinions of the sisters appear to be that they were targeted and the intention was murder. Never do they mention a disturbed house or motive but do indicate they feel Sam was the specific target due to the brutality of her injuries. Does it mean that is not the case and something was taken or torn apart? No, simply that I have read nothing that leads me down that path. Remember they lost their father to cancer shortly before this so the daughter in college likely visited often. The fact they specifically asked about the placement of the chair Kathy was bound to sticks in my head. Again. it's total speculation

I agree with Julia B. I can tell you where everything is in my dads house and I haven't lived with him in many years. Muy Curioso has done some amazingly detailed research and while I doubt we will ever know for certain, I think even the opinions of the sisters appear to be that they were targeted and the intention was murder. Never do they mention a disturbed house or motive but do indicate they feel Sam was the specific target due to the brutality of her injuries. Does it mean that is not the case and something was taken or torn apart? No, simply that I have read nothing that leads me down that path. Remember they lost their father to cancer shortly before this so the daughter in college likely visited often. The fact they specifically asked about the placement of the chair Kathy was bound to sticks in my head. Again. it's total speculation

The details of what KSP actually asked is what I am struggling with.
Below is from an article I posted upthread. Last sentence BBM.

Recent public details questionable
The one remaining member of the family, Holly Netherland, sat for an interview, though. She was a student at Morehead State University when her mother and younger sister were killed, only seven months after she lost her father to cancer. She is now married and has a child and does not live in the Bardstown area.

During her interview, she speculated that Kathy and Samantha’s killers had a grudge against them, possibly because they had made comments about an alleged gang in the area. She also speculated on other details of the crime, such that there was no forced entry and the killer had never been to the home before.

The series also claimed to have contacted a prison inmate who had details about the murder, alleging that he knew about a cell phone jammer used to block any calls for help.

One of the details Holly shared, though, aligned with other reporting — that the majority of the violence was directed at Samantha, and the nature of the crime suggested rage against the victims.

Kathy’s sisters said they watched portions of the Oxygen series that dealt with the Netherlands, and the details as described by Holly and the anonymous inmate did not match what KSP had told them.

The one remaining member of the family, Holly Netherland, sat for an interview, though. She was a student at Morehead State University when her mother and younger sister were killed, only seven months after she lost her father to cancer. She is now married and has a child and does not live in the Bardstown area.

During her interview, she speculated that Kathy and Samantha’s killers had a grudge against them, possibly because they had made comments about an alleged gang in the area. She also speculated on other details of the crime, such that there was no forced entry and the killer had never been to the home before.

The series also claimed to have contacted a prison inmate who had details about the murder, alleging that he knew about a cell phone jammer used to block any calls for help.

One of the details Holly shared, though, aligned with other reporting — that the majority of the violence was directed at Samantha, and the nature of the crime suggested rage against the victims.

Kathy’s sisters said they watched portions of the Oxygen series that dealt with the Netherlands, and the details as described by Holly and the anonymous inmate did not match what KSP had told them.
Where you’re likely going with this is where I’ve been at in my thinking on this for a long time.

And I don’t believe anyone will ever serve time for these murders.

Yessss THAT portion you have in bold, has always bothered me the most. In the majority of local news articles, old and new, investigators have steadily maintained that they think the assailant(s) knew Kathy and Samantha and that it wasn’t a random target.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back