KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Kathy and Samantha's family has not been front and center clamoring the way the other families were. Maybe this is the answer. In listening to the Bardstown podcast the difference was so noticeable. Beyond Bardstown: Lacombe | Bardstown Podcast | bardstownpodcast.com
I just listened to the podcast - excellent. Thank you for sharing.

This case is coming up on ten years unsolved. It has had so little publicity. Even here! We are on page 18 of one solo thread.

It is confounding.

As far as I can tell, the type of gun used to kill Kathy Netherland has not been disclosed. The type of gun used to kill Tommy Ballard has not been officially disclosed but Law enforcement has in their procession a “rife that is of the same caliber” as the one used to kill Tommy. They believe it is the gun that killed Tommy but ballistic tests have been “indeterminate”. That rifle was purchased from Nick Houck by an undercover office. Nick was using a false name when he sold the gun. Jason Ellis was shot by two different 12 gauge shotguns so different guns were used in the Ellis and Ballard murders.

Apparently an anonymous prison inmate told a reporter from Oxygen TV that it was a gang initiation, a cell phone jammer was used, both women were tied to chairs and both women were tortured. None of that has been confirmed by Law Enforcement. Accounts of the death certificates, which were made public, do not mention signs of torture. The credibility of this inmate is highly questionable.

I don't know if this is still available for viewing but I saw Mr Houghlin state this:

Mr Houghlin is a funeral home owner/director/embalmer, and is also the Nelson County coroner.

Mom was shot multiple times. Samantha was bludgeoned with some type of object on/about the head. Both victims throats were slit. There was no evidence of sexual assault to either victim. Mr Houghlin adds that he heard there was no forced entry to the home.

The vehicle in Grayson has tinted windows and may not be related at all. Either way, it peaked my interest given the location. This property is located on or next to a family members residence. The image was captured via GoogleMaps in Sept 2021. I find it hard to believe it would be right there out in the open 7 years after the fact, but you never know.

Fascinating info!

“We are looking as you well know for a newer model black Chevy Impala that was seen in the vicinity of the Netherlands home,” a KSP spokesperson said at the time.

But now WAVE News has learned that KSP knew the Impala was connected more than simply being in the vicinity. Hibbard says KSP had also gathered video of the car pulling into the back of the Netherland home, something KSP didn’t tell the public.

“There is footage of the car, where the car drives past Kathy’s house, coming from Bardstown going towards Springfield,” Hibbard said. “Then within a minute or two comes back, which makes you think they looped around a Botland loop that’s just down the road.”

Hibbard says the video was taken from the liquor store across the street. She says once the car disappears from behind the home, a dark figure walks across the porch to the front door. A few seconds later, someone appears to let that person in.

Then the car leaves less than 15 minutes later. Hibbard believes Kathy was shot first in the living room; Samantha brutally attacked moments after coming out of her room.

“We are looking as you well know for a newer model black Chevy Impala that was seen in the vicinity of the Netherlands home,” a KSP spokesperson said at the time.

But now WAVE News has learned that KSP knew the Impala was connected more than simply being in the vicinity. Hibbard says KSP had also gathered video of the car pulling into the back of the Netherland home, something KSP didn’t tell the public.

“There is footage of the car, where the car drives past Kathy’s house, coming from Bardstown going towards Springfield,” Hibbard said. “Then within a minute or two comes back, which makes you think they looped around a Botland loop that’s just down the road.”

Hibbard says the video was taken from the liquor store across the street. She says once the car disappears from behind the home, a dark figure walks across the porch to the front door. A few seconds later, someone appears to let that person in.

Then the car leaves less than 15 minutes later. Hibbard believes Kathy was shot first in the living room; Samantha brutally attacked moments after coming out of her room.

Thank you for sharing this report @steeltowngirl What the heck else does KSP know?! Why has nothing been accomplished (in 10 yrs) towards solving these murders.

jmo

Thank you for sharing this report @steeltowngirl What the heck else does KSP know?! Why has nothing been accomplished (in 10 yrs) towards solving these murders.

jmo
JMO, I think there’s a lot more being said if we read between the lines with these two sentences:

The rumored list has included those closest to the mother and daughter.

“Unless the police have told me with 100% certainty you did not do it, everyone is a suspect,” Hibbard said.

jmo

JMO, I think there’s a lot more being said if we read between the lines with these two sentences:

The rumored list has included those closest to the mother and daughter.

“Unless the police have told me with 100% certainty you did not do it, everyone is a suspect,” Hibbard said.

jmo

You're right. It's just that after 10 yrs one would hope someone would be in custody. :(

They were definitely targeted.
I'm wondering... Did Kathy open the door to the person because she recognized him/her OR did she open it because the person was pointing a gun at her? My guess is... she knew them.

jmo

They were definitely targeted.
I'm wondering... Did Kathy open the door to the person because she recognized him/her OR did she open it because the person was pointing a gun at her? My guess is... she knew them.

jmo
Absolutely!

It has to be a recent ex-boyfriend or something along those lines.

And they killed her youngest daughter too, so she wasn't able to pass on any useful information.

I'm surprised the eldest daughter who was away at college didn't know more about her mother's relationships, but perhaps she wasn't told too much or didn't take an interest.

Bumping my old post with an article containing interesting details.

Post in thread 'KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014'
KY - KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014
Seems like they might have mentioned whether the pizza was take home or delivery. Also seems reasonable to me that cops checked whether box was empty and if any pizza had been consumed. Now I am wondering what cops investigated these murders. Was Officer Ellis’ murder prior to this or after. Will look into it further tomorrow but if anyone knows the time frame please share. I hate this case and it makes me crazy. Cannot wait to find if it in linked to the other murders. Ugh
Ebm for typo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back