GUILTY KY - Kayla Williams, 17, Kortney, 14, & Ethan Frensley, 5, murdered, Roaring Springs, 15 Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bluegal,
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was correcting you harshly...I certainly didn't mean it that way. I too live in Hopkinsville and have seen, read and heard so much about this case. I can tell form your posts you have been following closely and I just thought you would want to know that info. I didn't realize that was from such and earlier post. I may hve seen it where someone reposted to your post later. Anyway, I am so sorry if I came across in an impolite or rude manner.
I am still waiting to find out why they had said that about the Direct TV van to start with. Maybe Kristy did know him and just knew thats who he worked for and didn't know what vehicle he was driving. Alot remains to come out about this I'm sure. There were several articles updated on the New Era website today and this evening.

Hey Guest - :::sending you hugs::: It's hard to tell when reading post (sometimes) what the poster is thinking/feeling when writing, since we can't see body language or hear the tone of their voice. I just didn't want you to think that I was posting information that had not been confirmed as factual - I try really hard to confirm everything before I post.

I am following this case closely, as I too, am a single mom - and well, you can't help but to be scared, yah know? Especially, when I learned how close he lived to me. Not that he would have picked me out of a crowd - but it just makes you think - who are your neighbors? From what I gather, Kevin Dunlap seems like just the average guy - was seen several times outside playing with his children, etc. I guess I'd rather picture someone like Charles Manson, committing such an unspeakable crime --- just kind of rattles my whole world.

I'll bet Kristi knew Kevin from when he had lived in the neighborhood years ago. I am so thankful that she was able to give information to LE. If she wouldn't have fought to live - this SOB would still be out there more than likely!

You live in Hoptown too, eh? Hmmmm... we might be neighbors!! :crazy:
I've been here a little over 4 years... (originally from Tennessee - GO TITANS!)

I don't think we have to "knit-pick" each others posts in order to find the facts. We are all sensible caring adults who would like to help, or we would not be here.
Has anyone been able to find an update on the Mother's condition?

The only thing that I have heard is that she has been able to communicate with authority and close friends and family. One of her close friends had reported in the paper that she was told about her kids on Saturday, but up until then they had only told her that they were in good hands. So that must mean that she was stable enough to handle info. so devastating. Maybe not too stable after though. I cannot imagine what she must be going through and i know that there are tons of people pulling for her and worrying about her. I dont know if this has been posted on this sight but they have set up a Frensley Family Fund at Integra Bank.

I also just realized that I went to school with Kevin Dunlaps wife. The New Era had reported her name today. I had wandered in the recent days what she was like and if she was from around here. I feel so sorry for her. I cannot imagine what she must be going through. I have not seen her since high school-we were not friends-but I did talk to her several times. She was a decent, normal person and I can't believe that, if she knew he was such a monster, she and her kids would live her life with him. They were married in 1995, she was a junior in high school when they married. It also says that they seperated in 04 (or something) but that after they went to court over custody of children (or child) that they reconciled and there are no divorce records since. SOOOOOO you mean to tell me that she has been married to this evil man 13 years and never knew he was capable of something like this. I wander also if he treated his family well or if they have been abused and suffering all these years? So there really is 2 families affected by the acts of this man. It makes it more real when you connect faces and personalities with the victims.

One of the New Era articles and several others reported he was NOT driving the Direct TV van when the crimes were comitted. They were present at Dunlap's home when he was arrested. Not sure about how the rumor of the Direct TV van was started but many places reported he was not in the van at the time of the crimes. They only towed his personal vehicle after the arrest. Just thought you would want to know.

According to a poster at another forum, who seems to have a lot of information/ knows sgt. Frensley and the police, Kevin Dunlap was in his own van when he committed the crimes. He returned later in the DirecTV van and was spotted watching what was happening.
It was also said the info about the van had in later reports been labeled "not of interest", to make the offender "feel safe".

I don't know how much is true. The guy also has posted a theory of what happened: I'll try and find the link.

Mollyjohnson100,
May I ask what other forum you were reading? I have seen all the comments after the KNE reports online but haven't found another forum like this. If you would care to tell us please. Thank you.

The only thing that I have heard is that she has been able to communicate with authority and close friends and family. One of her close friends had reported in the paper that she was told about her kids on Saturday, but up until then they had only told her that they were in good hands. So that must mean that she was stable enough to handle info. so devastating. Maybe not too stable after though. I cannot imagine what she must be going through and i know that there are tons of people pulling for her and worrying about her. I dont know if this has been posted on this sight but they have set up a Frensley Family Fund at Integra Bank.
Oh wow...I can't even begin to imagine:(

\SOOOOOO you mean to tell me that she has been married to this evil man 13 years and never knew he was capable of something like this. I wander also if he treated his family well or if they have been abused and suffering all these years?

Maybe this isn't all that uncommon. I mean, it seems incredible to me that she would have no inkling of what he was capable of, but then look at Dennis Rader, the BTK killer. Apparently his family was also in the dark.

I cannot even fathom the horror this young mom is going through, knowing her family is dead at the hands of this evil monster. My prayers go out to her and the fathers of the three children.

When this case broke, I was thinking that BTK changed the way I view ANYONE who walks onto my property for any " official" reason like the cable guy, etc.
The truth is that we just can't know what evil lurks in the heart of man.

There is an old mystery story about a thief who couldn't be caught. The perp turned out to be the daily mailman. He was said to be " the invisible man" because everyone was so used to his presence in the neighborhood.
It was fiction, I think, and I have nothing against mailmen or women.

Here is a tad bit more info about Dunlap:

Dunlap is a father of at least two young children, according to records from a Christian County divorce case that was dismissed in 2004 without dissolving the marriage. Records in the divorce case show Dunlap was living at a southern Trigg County address near Fort Campbell when the case was filed.
Other records show a landlord sought to evict Dunlap and his wife from a Hopkinsville address in September 2007 but the case was dismissed. At his court appearance Monday, Dunlap said he had lived at his current address a little over a year.

Dunlap served in the Army from 1989 until 2002, according to Master Sgt. Keith O'Donnell, spokesman for U.S. Army Human Resources Command. He was ranked a staff sergeant, and his last assignment was at Hunter Army Airfield in Georgia. Some of his service awards included a good conduct medal, a national defense service medal and an overseas service ribbon.
After being released from the Army, he served two years with the Kentucky National Guard in a now defunct unit based in Hopkinsville, guard spokesman David Altom said. He did not deploy anywhere while serving with the guard, Altom said.

Dunlap is an employee of DirecTV, spokeswoman Caley Cronin said Monday.
"We are fully cooperating with authorities right now as they carry out their investigation," Cronin said.

Dunlap responded to a few questions from Judge James R. Redd III on Monday, including whether he is employed.

"I was," Dunlap said. Asked if he still was employed, Dunlap replied, "Probably not."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h8YuVUaOyn3iCNkicIbsnLFH0EvAD93UHHJ81

Dunlap's preliminary hearing on Friday has been moved from Trigg County to Christian County due to concerns over security. An official said that the Christian County courthouse has metal detectors and was better suited to handle security and large crowds.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9218374

Also, it has been confirmed Dunlap had lived six houses down from the murder scene. "The burned remains of Frensley's home is clearly visible from the back yard of the tiny house with brown siding where Dunlap lived."

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/story/563725.html

Is there any valid "talk" about whether or not Dunlop knew Kristi as they were 6 houses away? The sheer heinousness of this crime does not allow me to think it was random. As this borders the military base and a family member apparently is in the military- has anyone said if there are pending jurisdiction issues?

Mollyjohnson100,
May I ask what other forum you were reading? I have seen all the comments after the KNE reports online but haven't found another forum like this. If you would care to tell us please. Thank you.

Link to forums here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=5

I couldn't find the specific thread, but it has about eight pages, posters name beginning with t.:)

As this borders the military base and a family member apparently is in the military- has anyone said if there are pending jurisdiction issues?

The military is forbidden to enforce the laws of the United States in most cases, and definitely in this one. No one in this case is under the jurisdiction of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, which is the only code the military can enforce. "It's Posse Comitatus, baby," as my husband says.

Posse Comitatus Act

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The intent of the act is to prevent the military forces of the United States from becoming a national police force or guardia civil. Accordingly, the act prohibits the use of the military to “execute the laws.”[4,5] Execution of the laws is perceived to be a civilian police function, which includes the arrest and detention of criminal suspects, search and seizure activities, restriction of civilian movement through the use of blockades or checkpoints, gathering evidence for use in court, and the use of undercover personnel in civilian drug enforcement activities.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][6][/FONT]
http://www.homelandsecurity.org/journal/articles/Trebilcock.htm

Update:

About a week before the attack, a man driving a DirectTV truck stopped at the house to ask for directions and inquire about the home being for sale.
On Oct. 15, the same man carrying a black handgun and zipties approached the woman while she was doing yard work.
He said he was from DirectTV and he needed to get some things out of the house and nobody needed to get hurt. At that time the children were not home. The man gave the woman a choice on whether he would rape her or a daughter, and the mother was raped before her three children came home.

The Associated Press has previously identified the mother, but is no longer naming her because authorities now say she was sexually assaulted. The AP generally does not identify victims of sexual assault.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20081024/NEWS01/81024026

Has anyone found the thread? I can't find it, but it's hard to search over there without knowing some of the words in the title.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=772613&page=8

According to this article the Frensly home can be clearly seen from the backyard of Dunlap's old home.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/story/563725.html

He may have stalked or watched the family for some time.

Thanks for the update Molly, I didn't see that article. Dunlap is a monster, those poor children.

Update:

About a week before the attack, a man driving a DirectTV truck stopped at the house to ask for directions and inquire about the home being for sale.
On Oct. 15, the same man carrying a black handgun and zipties approached the woman while she was doing yard work.
He said he was from DirectTV and he needed to get some things out of the house and nobody needed to get hurt. At that time the children were not home. The man gave the woman a choice on whether he would rape her or a daughter, and the mother was raped before her three children came home.

The Associated Press has previously identified the mother, but is no longer naming her because authorities now say she was sexually assaulted. The AP generally does not identify victims of sexual assault.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20081024/NEWS01/81024026

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=772613&page=8

Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member