Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
10 hours ago:

Conor McCue‏ @Conor_WLEX
NEW: Magoffin Co Search and rescue members tell us they are suspending the search for 2-year-old Kenneth Howard. Further efforts will depend on new info from the Sheriff's Office or KSP @LEX18News

D6e1AyxXoAIbvJO.jpg

Conor McCue on Twitter

10 hours ago:

Conor McCue‏ @Conor_WLEX

While Magoffin Co S&R suspended its search, there are still plenty of volunteers here continuing the efforts. From what we've seen, the group has dogs and a drone @LEX18News

D6e36Y3WwAMXohs.jpg

D6e36YsXsAEn09C.jpg

Conor McCue on Twitter

7 hours ago:

Conor McCue‏ @Conor_WLEX

Several hours after the official search for Kenneth Howard was suspended, volunteers are still here. Several men are digging up a drainage ditch right now @LEX18News

D6fkLcCWsAURnpK.jpg

Conor McCue on Twitter

This is the only new tweet that I can find this morning.

The search resumes this morning for missing toddler Kenneth Howard. He went missing Sunday night Crews and helicopters. are searching in the Kenneth Combs Road area of Magoffin County, near Floyd County. #WSAZ

7:13 AM - 5/14/19

Melanie Shafer on Twitter

Last edited:
This is the only new tweet that I can find this morning.

The search resumes this morning for missing toddler Kenneth Howard. He went missing Sunday night Crews and helicopters. are searching in the Kenneth Combs Road area of Magoffin County, near Floyd County. #WSAZ

7:13 AM - 5/14/19

Melanie Shafer on Twitter

Is this search including le -real search and rescue teams or friends and relatives. This is just one problem I have with this case. Another is -with all the press/news coverage we have yet to hear from his parents begging for his safe return.

This morning we're told there's still no sign of the Magoffin Co. toddler who went missing from his home south of Salyersville on Sunday.

Late last night crews used a pump to check 2 wells & also dug up a drainage ditch, but still no luck.

More details on #SUNRISE on @LEX18News

Claire Kopsky on Twitter

This seems like such a strange case in that there isn't much information to go on about the parents. Usually they are front and center begging for the public's help in some way or trying to get his picture out there.

A lot further than a half a mile!

I hate these cases. So often the kids are underestimated and found outside the search radius. You need to double how far you think they can go.

Sometimes they wander 5 miles but end up 1 mile from home. Sometimes they stick close to home. You just never know. A half a mile is just not far enough.

While I generally agree about the search area in a rather flat rural county as needing to be more than 1/2 mile

I think its quite possible that steep terrain may have helped narrow down the search area

as in if there are steep hills within a certain perimeter of the property that its very unlikely or near inpossible that he could climb up and over and out of the search perimeter

Searches in these areas are very complex and I'm sure they are using various pieces of information to make informed decisions on where to look

JMO

While I generally agree about the search area in a rather flat country as needing to be more than 1/2 mile

I think its quite possible that steep terrain may have helped narrow down the search area

as in if there are steep hills within a certain perimeter of the property that its very unlikely or near inpossible that he could climb up and over and out of the search perimeter

Searches in these areas are very complex and I'm sure they are using various pieces of information to make informed decisions on where to look

JMO
Thank you. I've been thinking the same thing. We're talking hollows and ravines, not flat land.

I can understand when it's official searchers only...that reduces the confusion of scents for dogs and in difficult conditions can reduce risk of searchers getting hurt.

But I don't understand why this is being reported the other way around, with the official searchers called off and only volunteers out there.

Could it be that the dogs couldn't find a trail for Kenneth outside?

This seems like such a strange case in that there isn't much information to go on about the parents. Usually they are front and center begging for the public's help in some way or trying to get his picture out there.

<modsnip>

It is warming up quickly this a.m., that is one good thing in all this. Poor little cutie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crews search for missing toddler in eastern Kentucky
By: Associated Press
Updated: May 14, 2019 07:14 AM CDT

SALYERSVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Search crews are trying to find a missing toddler in eastern Kentucky.

News outlets report 22-month-old Kenneth Howard was reported missing Sunday night by his family.

Magoffin County Rescue Squad Chief Carter Conley says crews searched all night for the boy before taking a break Monday morning to regroup. He says search efforts will begin again in the late morning.

Crews have been using a drone with thermal imaging to help with the search effort and plan to use dogs when efforts resume.

Crews search for missing toddler in eastern Kentucky

While I generally agree about the search area in a rather flat rural county as needing to be more than 1/2 mile

JMO

IMO, it needed to be go farther because of the uncertainty over the length of time he was gone. Was it 5 min? And the family searched an hour? Or is there discrepancy surrounding the time, idk. But, once it got dark I doubt he traveled. At that age I think he would have collapsed, crying & sobbing. Due to the low, heavy clouds Sunday, it was dark early.
Was well not searched Sunday? Ty

Update: Search suspended for missing Magoffin County Toddler
Updated: Tue 12:35 AM, May 14, 2019

BBM

~snip

When asked if he still has hope the boy will be found safe, Conley had this to say.

"It's hard to say. There are circumstances that we can't talk about right now", said Conley.

Officials say the child's parents are allowing other volunteers to search the area while the official search is suspended.

"He just wants his son home alive, you know, like we all do", said Montgomery.

Search crews say they will not be back out to the property again until they have new information from investigators.

Update: Search suspended for missing Magoffin County toddler

~snip

When asked if he still has hope the boy will be found safe, Conley had this to say.

"It's hard to say. There are circumstances that we can't talk about right now", said Conley.

Officials say the child's parents are allowing other volunteers to search the area while the official search is suspended.

Search crews say they will not be back out to the property again until they have new information from investigators.

just my speculation, but the manner of which Officials have communicated in Local news interviews almost leads me to believe they may be starting to suspect foul play

maybe I'm reading to much into it

but I'm just starting to get an uneasy feeling

just my speculation, but the manner of which Officials have communicated in Local news interviews almost leads me to believe they may be starting to suspect foul play

maybe I'm reading to much into it

but I'm just starting to get an uneasy feeling

I agree, and after checking the dispatcher/volunteer FD/friends/Sheriff’s Facebook pages that were all posting yesterday...it’s been total radio silence from them this morning.
JMO

Update: Search suspended for missing Magoffin County Toddler

BBM

~snip

Oh no! Please don't let this be another murdered baby! What kind of circumstances in a child wandering off case would LE want to keep under wraps? o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back