Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, because of the search being over & LE involvement, we could not get close enough to actually “search”.

Do you think someone for some reason snatched the tyke?

JMO, I'm not familiar with the area, but going by what I have seen from other Kentuckians it seems as it's a somewhat rural/secluded area so it seems like sort of a stretch that someone snatched him (unless there is some sort of custody dispute or something of the sorts going on that I'm unaware of and a relative or family friend took him).

But I'm also not ready to conclude the parents or dad had something to do with it. I wish I could remember the name, but I was watching something about a 2 or 3 year old who disappeared while camping and they found the child 6 miles away and halfway up a hill that would be seemingly be hard for a child that age to climb. It was ruled an accidental death and that the child had fallen from a higher height. I only bring it up to support the idea that perhaps he could have gotten further than we expect. It's hard to say though being unfamiliar with topography around the area.

JMO, I'm not familiar with the area, but going by what I have seen from other Kentuckians it seems as it's a somewhat rural/secluded area so it seems like sort of a stretch that someone snatched him (unless there is some sort of custody dispute or something of the sorts going on that I'm unaware of and a relative or family friend took him).

But I'm also not ready to conclude the parents or dad had something to do with it. I wish I could remember the name, but I was watching something about a 2 or 3 year old who disappeared while camping and they found the child 6 miles away and halfway up a hill that would be seemingly be hard for a child that age to climb. It was ruled an accidental death and that the child had fallen from a higher height. I only bring it up to support the idea that perhaps he could have gotten further than we expect. It's hard to say though being unfamiliar with topography around the area.

If he was snatched, it would not be a stranger imo.
Since it was dusk, nearly dark when he supposedly wandered off, I don’t see him going far, that’s my thing.
I was outside at 7:30, is was cold/very windy/misting rain & cars already using headlights. Kids are afraid of the dark & there it would be pitch dark. I think he would have sat down crying, until drifting off to sleep. He would not have been able to see well enough to negotiate off a beaten path,
Moo

I wanted so much for this little man to be found safe yesterday that I wanted to throw my hinky meter in the back of our kitchen junk drawer and ignore it's constant buzzing. As of today, I can hear it from every room in the house and outside as well. I hope we're all wrong and our hinky meters are malfunctioning :(
I agree on this so much- I am 90% jaded in cases like this because so few have happy endings. MOO

If they thought there was any hope of finding a wandered off toddler they would expand their search out and continue to seek more resources

My assumption is they could find no scent to track

They could find no evidence that he just simply walked away from the home

They without a doubt have learned something to cause them to hault the search unfortunately

LE doesn't do these things if there is any hope at all of finding a toddler who is simply lost in the woods, especially not this quickly

If they thought there was any hope of finding a wandered of toddler they would expand their search out and continue to seek more resources

They without a doubt have learned something to cause them to hault the search unfortunately

LE doesn't do these things if there is any hope at all of finding a toddler who is simply lost in the woods, especially not this quickly

And we definitely take that seriously around here. We've had rescue crews out searching literally all night without any breaks if they believe a child may be endangered. We here in Eastern Kentucky have a lot of problems, but we all tend to come together when kids are concerned. If they're no longer searching in the woods around the house it's not just because they think he may not be there, it's probably because they have very good additional information that leads them to suspect he's not.

I think the same, sadly.
For reasons we don’t know, the call was made to let KSP determine if search should begin anew & when.
I’m think during the official search KSP conducted many interviews with friends/family & discovered info leading them in a dif’ direction. Moo

I wonder if he has siblings? Family dynamics?

Another thought -- concerning the search perimeter -- if the dogs and drones worked from the house outward (no idea, but that makes the most sense to me), seems like his scent would have been found if he wandered off. This child did not fly over the land or trees, so if his scent wasn't found near and/or around the house, what happened to him, and how did he get away from the house?

Last edited:
If they thought there was any hope of finding a wandered off toddler they would expand their search out and continue to seek more resources

Have they said that? In AJ Freund's case the police came out and said there was no scent and he never left the house. I have not seen a statement from police stating such in this case.

Both AJ and Maleah had a trail of CPS interactions. Is there such interactions here? JMO, and only explaining why I'm not jumping to any conclusion.

Last edited:
Another thing I think, if the boy did wander off, he’s not mobile. He’d be covered with ticks, mosquito bites, his diaper would be sagging, his clothes full of burrs & stickers. So he ain’t moving, even if capable. The hellacious wind we had would leave him extremely thirsty, imo. Not sure how cold it got there last night but maybe in the mid to upper 30s?

Have they said that? In AJ Freund's case the police came out and said there was no scent and he never left the house. I have not seen a statement from police stating such in this case.

Both AJ and Maleah had a trail of CPS interactions. Is there such interactions here? JMO, and only explaining while I'm not jumping to any conclusion.
"My assumption is they could find no scent to track"

The father of the missing Magoffin County toddler is talking for the first time, and he says he has no idea how his son vanished Sunday night.

‘It's just like he disappeared'

WKYT

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member