Resolved KY - Louisville, skeletal remains, UP67487, Iroquois Park, Jan 2020 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I think the dentures would have been noted but all the info matches up, including the clothing on the UID and MP.
Great work. I would be surprised if it wasn’t Mr. Broche Moreno:
UID:
“Footwear
black leather slip-on left shoe with Velcro straps size 9W which bears a label with the words ‘Thom McAn’
Near the Body”

MP:
“Footwear
Black shoes with Velcro strap (approx. size 9 - 9.5)”

It’s also only a 30-minute walk from where the MP was last seen by a family member to where the UID was found :(:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Good call @inmyhumbleopinion and surprising if LE haven't made the connection too; maybe the case is in Namus to facilitate the DNA matching process? I'm not really sure how that works.
That very well may be the case. Just in case, I just left a message on the voicemail of Detective Mike Lauder with the Louisville Metro PD; he is the one in charge of the MP case. I will let you guys know if I hear anything.

I was gonna say, those shoes are popular with older men because they're roomy and comfortable and easy to get in and out of. My dad used to wear them. And Mr. Broche Moreno fits even that. Nice find!

My friend has been missing since nov. 2019. He is from pro area. Im.not family but not sure why he isn't in the missing persons list. His ex wife said before covid she was working with coroners office..

I'm attaching a photo but it is well over 20 yrs old. He is 43 currently I'm pretty sure... just a hopeful longshot

Attachments

• 20200603_092410.jpg
    20200603_092410.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 47
That very well may be the case. Just in case, I just left a message on the voicemail of Detective Mike Lauder with the Louisville Metro PD; he is the one in charge of the MP case. I will let you guys know if I hear anything.
@inmyhumbleopinion did you ever hear back from LE? there are still no rule-outs listed for the UID, and the clothing matches up so well.

I think the dentures would have been noted but all the info matches up, including the clothing on the UID and MP.
Earlier today, I noticed that the UID's NamUs profile had been updated in the last few days, so I took a look. It now includes a picture of a pair of dentures that were apparently found with the remains:
Original

I made sure that there were still no rule-outs listed for Mr. Broche Moreno or the UIP, and called the LMPD. I tried the number for the detective who is listed as the contact person for Mr. Broche Moreno's case, but once again, got his voicemail. I really wanted to speak with a "live person," and to make a long story short, I was able to speak with a homicide detective. He took my information down and said he would get back to me with an update :).

ETA: The UID's NamUs page now also reads, "(O)steoarthritis of the spine and right arm, a compression fracture of T10 and spondylolysis of the L5 vertebra" under "Distinctive Physical Features."

Last edited:
Earlier today, I noticed that the UID's NamUs profile had been updated in the last few days, so I took a look. It now includes a picture of a pair of dentures that were apparently found with the remains:
Original

I made sure that there were still no rule-outs listed for Mr. Broche Moreno or the UIP, and called the LMPD. I tried the number for the detective who is listed as the contact person for Mr. Broche Moreno's case, but once again, got his voicemail. I really wanted to speak with a "live person," and to make a long story short, I was able to speak with a homicide detective. He took my information down and said he would get back to me with an update :).

ETA: The UID's NamUs page now also reads, "(O)steoarthritis of the spine and right arm, a compression fracture of T10 and spondylolysis of the L5 vertebra" under "Distinctive Physical Features."
if its not Mr. Moreno, I'll be surprised! Also strange to me that they didn't mention the dentures in the UID profile from the start. The age estimate (is this also a new addition?) is a bit younger than Mr. Moreno but all the "distinctive physical features" seem to be much more indicative of an older man who's 60+

if its not Mr. Moreno, I'll be surprised! Also strange to me that they didn't mention the dentures in the UID profile from the start. The age estimate (is this also a new addition?) is a bit younger than Mr. Moreno but all the "distinctive physical features" seem to be much more indicative of an older man who's 60+

In many cases, items that are "found with the remains" but not actually on the remains won't be listed, because they can't be sure whether the items belonged to the decedent.

@inmyhumbleopinion did you ever get an update?
Hi. Unfortunately, I never did :(.

It has to be him, IMO (my sincere condolences to family and friends ...). Still no rule-outs listed for the UID or the MP on NAMUS, and I haven’t been able to find any recent MSM articles or SM posts on the MP. My best guess would be that they are using DNA to confirm the match, and it’s taking time.

I just called and the number on NamUs is wrong. Mike Lauder works at Jefferson City (it says County??) And the new number I was given for him is 502-267-0505. I cannot call until later today, so if anyone especially @inmyhumbleopinion wants to call him that's great. Looks like the John Doe was last updated 12/04/20, but I cannot see what was updated.

The photo showed a partial denture on the bottom. The wearer would have had one tooth remaining. Moreno is noted as having complete upper and lower dentures. It's possible that they had the wrong info or that he lost that last tooth and just called it a full denture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back