KY KY - Miya Tucker, 8-months, not found during welfare check, parents arrested for child abandonment & drug possession, Reynolds Station, 6 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
REYNOLDS STATION, Ky. (WBKO) - Kentucky State Police have added more charges to the individuals arrested in a missing child investigation in Ohio County.

The parents of 8-month-old Miya Tucker, Tesla Tucker, and Cage Rudd, have been charged with additional charges including first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (greater than 2 grams - methamphetamine), trafficking in legend drugs, trafficking in marijuana, first-degree child abuse, abandonment of a minor, engaging in organized crime, and possession of paraphernalia.

Community members say they’re joining in searching neighborhoods.

Shane Heminway says the news of missing eight month old Miya Tucker is heart-breaking. The neighbor is springing into action with help from a friend.

“I told them I’m coming over to give them a hand, maybe go through the back yard, you know, up in the woods or anything, just to see if I get help,” says Heminway.

KSP says baby Miya has brown hair and green eyes. Police say during the welfare check , they found drugs inside the Reynolds Station home but no baby.

Miya’s parents, Cage C. Rudd and Tesla Tucker, were arrested at an Owensboro Super 8 Motel on charges of child abandonment and drug possession. Police say Miya was not found inside the motel either.

“It’s a shame, especially over here, because everybody is nice [in this neighborhood] except for these people,” says Heminway. He says he’s referring to Rudd and Tucker.

Neighbors say they didn’t realize a baby lived at the address.

Heminway says the pair raced cars in the cemetary and spun out on gravel roads even when asked nicely to stop.

“We’ve had nothing but problems with them. My friend tried to get a car done…get tires put on. They stole their rotors and all kinds of things off the car,” says Heminway.

Still, Heminway says he’s willing to put that aside to help their child.

“I’m kind of actually nervous if we do find her. I’m really hoping to find her alive, but maybe somebody just has her,” says Heminway.
Thank you. I did see that. I was looking for something a bit more public. I'm about 25-30 minutes away but close enough to know it it's not an area to go nosing around in unwanted. I have 3 spawn of my own and I'm not looking to be shot or stabbed by some cracked out meth head thinking I'm there to steal their stash. And I don't have a calm enough disposition to go armed. I will keep looking for something with a group.

<modsnip - rumors> Still no official search announced. I think the police have a good idea already of what happened. Otherwise I would think searches would be going on.

I hate this. I'm close enough that I would have gladly taken that sweet baby in to my family if I had known. This is too close. I would have helped in any way I could. That baby never had a chance. I can't bear to think about what she must have gone through. I hate this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree police already have an idea of what happened. When they went into the home and found no signs of the baby, my guess is there was no sign of diapers, bottles, clothes, etc.
Not a lot being published on this case and I think that’s telling as well.

Rick Smith (3rd person arrested) is likely the step-father of Cage, based on tracing Cage and Rick's social medias. Looks like he and Cage's mom split sometime between2021-2022 (that's when their joint FB account ended and he got his own FB and posted he was single). Interesting that he is in cahoots with Cage.....

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Miya's grandmother, Billie Smith, has been arrested. Troopers went to her home searching for Miya. Miya wasn't there, but they discovered grandmother had an unrelated warrant for a DV incident in Daviess County last year.

When Troopers were arriving at her house, they saw a man from Owensboro throw Suboxone under his vehicle, and he was also arrested.

The baby’s parents, Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, and the grandfather Ricky Smith, were arrested last week. They face child abandonment, child abuse and drug charges. They are due in court on Monday morning.

Tesla Tucker, 29, and 30-year-old Cage Rudd, of Reynolds Station, Ky., the parents of missing Miya Tucker, are due in court Monday to face charges of abandonment of a minor, child abuse, trafficking of legend drugs and engaging in organized crime, after she could not be located during a welfare check last week, according to Kentucky State Police.

Miya's grandmother, 49-year-old Billie (Rudd) Smith, is arrested on Sunday for a 2023 domestic violence warrant for 2nd degree assault, during the search for the girl.

1718017999762.png

Miya's grandmother, Billie Smith, has been arrested. Troopers went to her home searching for Miya. Miya wasn't there, but they discovered grandmother had an unrelated warrant for a DV incident in Daviess County last year.

When Troopers were arriving at her house, they saw a man from Owensboro throw Suboxone under his vehicle, and he was also arrested.

The baby’s parents, Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, and the grandfather Ricky Smith, were arrested last week. They face child abandonment, child abuse and drug charges. They are due in court on Monday morning.

Tesla Tucker, 29, and 30-year-old Cage Rudd, of Reynolds Station, Ky., the parents of missing Miya Tucker, are due in court Monday to face charges of abandonment of a minor, child abuse, trafficking of legend drugs and engaging in organized crime, after she could not be located during a welfare check last week, according to Kentucky State Police.

Miya's grandmother, 49-year-old Billie (Rudd) Smith, is arrested on Sunday for a 2023 domestic violence warrant for 2nd degree assault, during the search for the girl.

View attachment 509144
Grandma looking like she's ready to throw down again.
This poor baby. Did she have any kind, caring, sober adults in her family?

I hope LE has K-9 cadaver dogs searching that residence and surrounding property. Based on how LE seems to be handling the case I think it is a recovery operation and not a missing person search :( I wish more than anything to be wrong.

I hope LE has K-9 cadaver dogs searching that residence and surrounding property. Based on how LE seems to be handling the case I think it is a recovery operation and not a missing person search :( I wish more than anything to be wrong.
My hunch is she will not be found in the surrounding area. I apologize for the harshness, but I think a landfill is the likely location.

I really hope I am wrong and she is found safe.

jmo

Sadly, the first thing that came to mind for me was that she was sold for drugs. Or exchanged for a drug debt.
It happens WAY too often. I hope we're both wrong and someone's actually taking care of her, somewhere.

View attachment 509144
This is an example of how addiction affects generations. I hope Tesla’s other children are in a loving and caring environment that offers them stability.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back