KY KY - Miya Tucker, 8-months, not found during welfare check, parents arrested for child abandonment & drug possession, Reynolds Station, 6 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I used to work as a social worker in an obgyn clinic for lower income individuals. If the pregnant lady’s urine tested positive for drugs that information was in her medical record which was visible to the hospital network we serviced. Now, there was always the chance they could end up delivering elsewhere but this was one way that information such as this was shared.
Maybe Tesla didn’t receive medical care during her pregnancy, and maybe the hospital dropped the ball, but I think there’s enough fault to go around this whole family and DCS. It’s heartbreaking the way things worked out for Miya, yet it’s possible that her siblings are going to have better futures because the spotlight was put on this unfortunate situation.

“It’s important that we hold responsible whoever caused the death of that child,” Beshear said. “Anytime there’s a tragedy, you want to find something you can learn from the tragedy. You want to find something in honor of that lost individual.”

Tucker, Rudd, Smith, and Payne stood before a judge on Monday with their attorneys present.

A preliminary hearing was held for the charges brought against them.

Tucker, Rudd, Smith, and Payne pleaded not guilty :mad:

From the way the hospital report was worded I thought Tesla & Cage absconded shortly after Miya was born.

I was shocked that they were allowed to have newborn Miya in the room with them unsupervised. I’m assuming the hospital hadn’t gotten the results from the lab, once they had the results Miya should have become a ward of the state & no one in the family would have access to her unsupervised by LE.
yeah, unfortunately the tox tests to the umbilical cord didn't come back for a week in Miya's instance. And by then they were no longer at the hospital :(

When asked about a potential investigation being opened up into social services, Beshear said Kentucky State Police are continuing their investigation, followed by this:
[snip]
“I think that people will look at this case and are already internally, and saying, ‘what else is there?’ Even looking back, could there have been any type of red flag?” questions Beshear. “That’s not about second-guessing the instant situation, it’s about wondering if there’s another step we can do in the future.”

14 News has asked the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services a list of questions regarding Miya’s case over a week ago.

We’re still waiting to receive answers.

4 indicted on several charges involving death of baby, Miya Rudd

I always wonder why some cases get more attention than others.

Nicole Baldwin and the Samantha and Kathy Netherland case come to mind. Sam and Kathy were murdered over ten years ago. Still on thread 1.

jmo
Some cases just appear more "open and shut" than others, without much to speculate on or discuss.
Baby's missing, parents & extended family are all addicts, deceased baby found, parents to remain in jail.
Sadly it's a story we've all seen way too many times.

jmo

yes, this is thread 1. It's not as heavily trafficked as I would have thought.
I think some cases don't get a lot of attention because there is little mystery to what happened. This little baby is no longer missing and it's pretty clear who is allegedly responsible for her death. There is nothing really to solve or discuss other than to tsk tsk over the state of this family. :(

All I can add, really, is to say Rest in Peace, Little One.

I see story after story involving drug addicts and children. So many people are trying to help this problem but it runs so deep. I hope kids experimenting with drugs are educated to how easily these pain medications can be addictive.

Poor Miya. I will say it was on the local news a couple of times and they mentioned the drug ring (or whatever the charge was). I hope they have the resources to catch these people.

I'll look for a recent link.

I see story after story involving drug addicts and children. So many people are trying to help this problem but it runs so deep. I hope kids experimenting with drugs are educated to how easily these pain medications can be addictive.

Poor Miya. I will say it was on the local news a couple of times and they mentioned the drug ring (or whatever the charge was). I hope they have the resources to catch these people.

I'll look for a recent link.

yeah, but these folks were all in the drug business.

Cynical me, wants to know how many kids are getting dragged into the drug business with mom and dad when they are teens. I know it exists. It is as rampant as the drug epidemic is.

oh I know it happens. Locally about 15 years ago, a teen who lived a few blocks from me was gunned down in the street near the convenience store. Turns out he was selling cocaine at the behest of his mother and some other men were attempting to rob him of those drugs.

He was 17 years old.

Hopefully Miya's 3 siblings are getting the care they need, to include professional care for the traumas of losing a sibling in that manner, being bounced from one family home to another and again a 3rd time to wherever they are now, also losing their parents, grandparents etc due to incarceration. It appears they've had a lot of loss and not a great deal of stability. I really hope they've been placed somewhere together or that would be another trauma to add to the pile.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berryhij1
Back