KY KY - Miya Tucker, 8-months, not found during welfare check, parents arrested for child abandonment & drug possession, Reynolds Station, 6 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Owensboro Times article: KSP: Infant's remains found at home in Ohio County

"A KSP report says they discovered the decomposed body at 1:15 p.m. today hidden in a concealed manner. After investigators process the scene, the Ohio County Coroner’s Office will transport the infant to the Kentucky Medical Examiner’s Office in Louisville."

Interview w/ Trooper Corey King: (Is live video right now)

Notes from video:
Owensboro Times interview w/Trouper Corey King 6-14-24
  • We were hopeful and optimistic, but now it is a recovery and death investigation.
  • 1:15 pm the investigation moved inside. One investigator was inside, sweeping a room. The inside is as cluttered as the outside, near hoarding level perhaps. He was sweeping a room under debris and he located a baby's body consistent with Miya Rudd. Decomposed. Hidden underneath (audio indistinguishable) they did not detect an odor.
  • Autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.
  • Now actively processing the scene. We do not know the manner that she died. Consulting with attorney's office. We need to process and gather all the evidence that we can.
  • I can't say how she was concealed, but she was not in plain sight and there was a significant amount of stuff on top of her.
  • A baby's body is small, but the house is cluttered. quite a bit of debris inside the home. And residues. This was not a safe space, it had to be sanitized so no one would overdose trying to search. We found her earlier than we expected. We didn't anticipate we would find her, but we did.
  • Can't confirm it is Miya because of the rate of decomposition. We'll wait for medical examiner's office for official confirmation. It is consistent with around a 6-8 month old baby. This baby has been there for a while, but we can't say how long.
  • Autopsy will show us how long she has been deceased.
  • That gives us 4-5 people who were in that house over the last 6 months, and will help us determine who the responsible parties are in her death.
  • Charges will happen soon, and other charges may come from Grand Jury.
  • Today, we had Cadaver dogs. And Forensic examiners who analyze smallest details to precision to determine if it is human or not, right then. Compared to us sending samples back to the lab and waiting to hear back.
  • We had equipment to essentially x-ray walls and floors and ground to see what is in there. That equipment is leaving, we no longer need it.
  • Asked about why cadaver dogs didn't find Miya- Answer: We know dead bodies let off gas that dogs can smell with precision. But How long does gas expel from the body when it is a very small infant? The gas may have been exhausted already, so the dogs wouldn't pick up on it.
  • Presented to grand jury? Answer: Will take days to process and send to lab. also the autopsy will be done tomorrow, but it won't be in a readable form for a month. Ask the prosecuting attorney, but at LEAST a month. Venture to say it will go to grand jury for the heavier charges. Abuse of corpse, tampering with evidence are current, but how did she die? overdose? strangled? neglect? That information will determine how to charge and present this case.

Last edited:
Owensboro Times article: KSP: Infant's remains found at home in Ohio County

"A KSP report says they discovered the decomposed body at 1:15 p.m. today hidden in a concealed manner. After investigators process the scene, the Ohio County Coroner’s Office will transport the infant to the Kentucky Medical Examiner’s Office in Louisville."

Interview w/ Trooper Corey King: (Is live video right now)

Notes from video:
Owensboro Times interview w/Trouper Corey King 6-14-24
  • We were hopeful and optimistic, but now it is a recovery and death investigation.
  • 1:15 pm the investigation moved inside. One investigator was inside, sweeping a room. The inside is as cluttered as the outside, near hoarding level perhaps. He was sweeping a room under debris and he located a baby's body consistent with Miya Rudd. Decomposed. Hidden underneath (audio indistinguishable) they did not detect an odor.
  • Autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.
  • Now actively processing the scene. We do not know the manner that she died. Consulting with attorney's office. We need to process and gather all the evidence that we can.
  • I can't say how she was concealed, but she was not in plain sight and there was a significant amount of stuff on top of her.
  • A baby's body is small, but the house is cluttered. quite a bit of debris inside the home. And residues. This was not a safe space, it had to be sanitized so no one would overdose trying to search. We found her earlier than we expected. We didn't anticipate we would find her, but we did.
  • Can't confirm it is Miya because of the rate of decomposition. We'll wait for medical examiner's office for official confirmation. It is consistent with around a 6-8 month old baby. This baby has been there for a while, but we can't say how long.
  • Autopsy will show us how long she has been deceased.
  • That gives us 4-5 people who were in that house over the last 6 months, and will help us determine who the responsible parties are in her death.
  • Charges will happen soon, and other charges may come from Grand Jury.
  • Today, we had Cadaver dogs. And Forensic examiners who analyze smallest details to precision to determine if it is human or not, right then. Compared to us sending samples back to the lab and waiting to hear back.
  • We had equipment to essentially x-ray walls and floors and ground to see what is in there. That equipment is leaving, we no longer need it.
  • Asked about why cadaver dogs didn't find Miya- Answer: We know dead bodies let off gas that dogs can smell with precision. But How long does gas expel from the body when it is a very small infant? The gas may have been exhausted already, so the dogs wouldn't pick up on it.
  • Presented to grand jury? Answer: Will take days to process and send to lab. also the autopsy will be done tomorrow, but it won't be in a readable form for a month. Ask the prosecuting attorney, but at LEAST a month. Venture to say it will go to grand jury for the heavier charges. Abuse of corpse, tampering with evidence are current, but how did she die? overdose? strangled? neglect? That information will determine how to charge and present this case.
That answer about the cadaver dogs is silly. Good cadaver dogs can find buried remains many years old, BURIED.

A child this recently deceased is still going to be apparent to a trained dog, handled correctly.

I'd say the vast quantities of chemicals and drugs in the home are more likely to have overwhelmed the dog's nose.

MOO

That answer about the cadaver dogs is silly. Good cadaver dogs can find buried remains many years old, BURIED.

A child this recently deceased is still going to be apparent to a trained dog, handled correctly.

I'd say the vast quantities of chemicals and drugs in the home are more likely to have overwhelmed the dog's nose.

MOO
Good point. If they were worried about overdosing the search team, I can't imagine what it was like inside there.

They said Miya was born in October, and her umbilical cord tested positive for meth.

Kentucky State Police say family services removed three older siblings some time ago.

Troopers said the intent was for her to join her siblings, but on May 30, other family members notified them they hadn’t seen Miya since late April.

I knew in my gut this wasn't going to have a happy ending,poor baby never had a chance with all those druggies for family. I'm so sorry baby girl that you never had the love you deserved,those monsters will pay for what they did to you,here on earth and after their death. R.I.P. Miya.

Such awful news, but not entirely unexpected. :(
Rest in gentle peace, sweet baby girl Miya.
May justice be swift and harsh.

There are some people out there who aren't fit to care for a houseplant.
Even the grandparents were uncooperative.
Imagine that.
Omo.

Reynolds Station residents Tesla Tucker, Cage Rudd, Ricky Smith and Brodie Payne were all charged with abuse of a corpse, tampering with physical evidence and failure to report the death of a person.

KSP said that additional charges are likely as the investigation continues.

1718432025174.png

I am so happy they found her and that she is now at peace. I can only imagine what her short existence was like, and I do not imagine anything good about it. So sad, and I have to say she is definitely in a better place. I do not believe there would have been anything good about her upbringing given the deplorable family she was unfortunately born into. Rest in peace baby girl.

So, Miya is no longer missing. The thread will need moved to the Crimes against Children forum.

Another little one discarded like trash under debris, as was Evelyn Boswell.

You deserved a chance to have a life, Miya.
May your baby soul now be at rest.

jmo

Investigators found her parents, Tesla Tucker, 29, and 30-year-old Cage Rudd, at a hotel without the child. Tucker and Rudd, along with Miya’s paternal grandparents, were arrested and charged earlier this month with child abuse, abandonment and several drug offenses.

The child’s maternal grandparents were arrested on Wednesday on outstanding warrants. Another man charged with several drug offenses on Thursday was formerly living at the Rudd home, according to state police.

Police had used cadaver dogs to search a church, cemetery and a wooded area behind the family’s home and later brought in sonar equipment and a forensic examiner team.

State police officials expressed frustration during the search with the lack of cooperation from Miya’s family.

Trooper Corey King, a state police spokesperson, said investigators were shocked by the lack of assistance and information from Miya’s family, “the ones who should love and care the most.”

I knew in my gut this wasn't going to have a happy ending,poor baby never had a chance with all those druggies for family. I'm so sorry baby girl that you never had the love you deserved,those monsters will pay for what they did to you,here on earth and after their death. R.I.P. Miya.
RIP to sweet, precious Miya. Knowing both sides of her family were involved in drugs is hard to comprehend. I pray her siblings are well taken care of.
Reminds me just a little of Semaj Crosby. Found under the sofa in her home, which was dirty and unfit for children.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berryhij1
Back