KY KY - Miya Tucker, 8-months, not found during welfare check, parents arrested for child abandonment & drug possession, Reynolds Station, 6 Jun 2024

I have to wonder how hard CPS really tried to find / remove this baby. I work in healthcare and at one point we had a child in for IV antibiotics due to medical neglect… CPS went to the house before we could discharge her, the parents refused to let CPS into the house. CPS allowed them to take her home anyway.
I used to work in a pediatrician’s office and it was incredibly frustrating. The pediatrician would write letters to the court describing injuries and strongly advising that the children not be returned to the addict or abusive parents. Yet the children always ended up being returned to the natural parents only to be injured or neglected again and again.

Seems like that. Also having the kids out of the family home means that they might be able to interview the kids about the baby and interactions they had with her. Tragedy for all of these kids. We also know that the drug problem in this area is epidemic so all of this upheaval will increase the risk that these kids, like many others, will be vulnerable to join the business that their parents conduct.
I'm praying a silent prayer that these three go into a loving foster home and are adopted outside the family. And a second one that all those arrested are held until they are outside their child-bearing years.

I just don't get it. Parents evading police with a newborn... that they don't even want to take care of? Why? They can't get benefits (because they would have to give an address) - was it spite? So much effort to run off with a baby no one could or wanted to take care of? Agree with all the posters - only a newborn picture - with cellphones these days that has to be deliberate. Or sadly, impossible.

What happened to using the security bracelets so you can’t leave with a child from the hospital without being discharged first? TBH I am a recovering addict and this was protocol when I had my child, but I believe it is protocol for EVERYONE so that no one can leave with the hospital with a baby until they take the bracelet off when your discharged. It may not be like this everywhere but I live in Kentucky as well. This case makes me so mad because I’ve seen first hand the preventative measures that are put in place to keep things like this from happening. I tested positive when I had one of my children and I couldn’t leave the hospital with my child until I had someone willing to “supervise” me at all times. Which at the time meant I had to move in with my mom who then became my supervisor. If I didn’t have anyone to be that supervisor then the baby would be placed in foster care until I got clean. In this particular case if they had done that to Tesla when she had this precious little girl then the baby would still be alive. My heart hurts for these poor children. MOO.
Thank you for sharing your story and experiences.

"Tesla Tucker's three children, who were living with their grandparents, were taken by the Cabinet of Community Based Services to another location".

I had to look it up, never heard of this agency. Department for Community Based Services

Hope the "location" is an outside 3rd party and not another member of either side of the family. Poor kids my heart breaks for them, they don't deserve the life they have been forced to live.

I used to work in a pediatrician’s office and it was incredibly frustrating. The pediatrician would write letters to the court describing injuries and strongly advising that the children not be returned to the addict or abusive parents. Yet the children always ended up being returned to the natural parents only to be injured or neglected again and again.
I worked as a parent aide, we were eyes & ears on the children & parents of children who had been returned after being removed due to abuse or neglect.

I was new; one of my families couldn’t keep an aide, I was their 3rd in 2 years. I wrote pages after each visit documenting what was going on. Nothing was done. My supervisor expressed relief to me when this family moved out of our reach. So frustrating & infuriating.

I worked as a parent aide, we were eyes & ears on the children & parents of children who had been returned after being removed due to abuse or neglect.

I was new; one of my families couldn’t keep an aide, I was their 3rd in 2 years. I wrote pages after each visit documenting what was going on. Nothing was done. My supervisor expressed relief to me when this family moved out of our reach. So frustrating & infuriating.
We had a tiny patient, a little 11 month old boy who had suffered a broken femur 3 times before he turned 11 months old. Mom said her live-in boyfriend had broken the boy’s femur each time.

CPS gave her a choice: her baby or her bf. Unless her bf moved out she would lose custody of her baby.

Mom chose the bf. The baby was put into a wonderful foster home where they petitioned to adopt him.

Before the adoption was finalized the mom decided she wanted him back. He was three 1/2 years old by then. Our doc wrote a letter to the court pleading that the boy not be taken from the loving home where he was thriving.

The court gave custody back to the mom, the mother who had let her bf abuse him, the mom who had chosen the abusive bf over her own baby.

And the crazy thing was that the abusive bf still lived with the mom.

Some cases just stay with you and you can’t forget them.

"Tesla Tucker's three children, who were living with their grandparents, were taken by the Cabinet of Community Based Services to another location".

I had to look it up, never heard of this agency. Department for Community Based Services

Hope the "location" is an outside 3rd party and not another member of either side of the family. Poor kids my heart breaks for them, they don't deserve the life they have been forced to live.
DCBS is just a fancy name for CPS here ☺️

I always thought that CPS was a fancy name for Community based services! Nice to see another local on here. Wish there was some good news about this baby. No help from the public on searches yet. I’ll definitely go if they announce it.
Lol that’s so funny! I guess it could go either way! Nice to see you here! I live in NKY. This case has hit me hard and I’m afraid it’s not going to end well. It only got worse hearing that the 3 siblings likely didn’t have a stable healthy lifestyle themselves. I really feel for these poor kids. Nothing hurts worse than hearing about the horrible pain inflicted on innocent children. Oh how I wish the world was different…. Sigh. MOO.

The Owensboro Times continues to have the absolute best coverage on this very sad case. The count of arrests in the circle of people connected to this infant is now 8.

"On Thursday, KSP announced that 28-year-old Brodie C. Payne has been charged for his role in the illegal drug operation held at the Rudd residence."
"The investigation revealed Payne was using USPS to facilitate his drug trafficking operation, KSP said. Investigators coordinated with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and Kentucky State Police DE/SI and arrested Payne on May 20 with .5 pounds of meth and approximately .75 pounds of suspected fentanyl-laced pills."

Payne was arrested/incarcerated in early May, and charges specific to the drug ring at the Rudd household. He lived at the house with Tesla, Cage, Ricky Smith, and possibly Miya since December 2023. Hopefully he has reason to spill info on where Miya was during those six months....

Last edited:
I have to wonder how hard CPS really tried to find / remove this baby. I work in healthcare and at one point we had a child in for IV antibiotics due to medical neglect… CPS went to the house before we could discharge her, the parents refused to let CPS into the house. CPS allowed them to take her home anyway.
I had the same thought (how hard did they search) when Trouper King said at the search sight Tues. that they were alerted by a family member on May 30 that they haven't seen Miya since end April/beginning May and could not find the parents. LE found Miya's parents and paternal grandfather in a motel on June 5. That seems pretty quick, and I wonder why CPS didn't ask for LE support sooner? Source: What we know: Timelines, facts regarding missing 8-month-old in Ohio County; search ongoing

I had the same thought (how hard did they search) when Trouper King said at the search sight Tues. that they were alerted by a family member on May 30 that they haven't seen Miya since end April/beginning May and could not find the parents. LE found Miya's parents and paternal grandfather in a motel on June 5. That seems pretty quick, and I wonder why CPS didn't ask for LE support sooner? Source: What we know: Timelines, facts regarding missing 8-month-old in Ohio County; search ongoing

From the linked article:

Editor’s note: KSP initially identified the child as Miya Tucker. On June 12, they discovered her legal name was Miya Rudd.

Adding the three latest arrests to the portrait gallery:

1718354455969.png
Maternal grandparents David & Taletha Tucker

1718354142110.png
Brodie Payne

According to KSP, members of the Kentucky Medical Examiners Office and forensic investigators are in Ohio County Friday morning, along with numerous K9s, to help in the investigation surrounding missing 8-month-old Miya Rudd.

KSP says detectives and examiners will be processing the home and property on Hardin Lane in the community of Reynolds Station, which was being searched Tuesday. They say the K9s are assigned to a handful of search areas in the vicinity.

According to KSP, members of the Kentucky Medical Examiners Office and forensic investigators are in Ohio County Friday morning, along with numerous K9s, to help in the investigation surrounding missing 8-month-old Miya Rudd.

KSP says detectives and examiners will be processing the home and property on Hardin Lane in the community of Reynolds Station, which was being searched Tuesday. They say the K9s are assigned to a handful of search areas in the vicinity.

Was just coming to post this. Trouper King had said they'd be out again the end of the week with more equipment from medical examiners office.
Here's some more links to local media:

Owensboro Times is live with LE at the search site. If link doesn't work, Owensboro Times on FB: Log into Facebook

Indicates pounds of drugs were found at the house, and the Rudd household was the center of a major drug distribution into the community here. Lot of info on this case. When asked about the birth, LE said it was a week or so after birth that the results came back, and family was gone by then.
They are going to exhaust the location at the house, and they are going to two other locations that are downstream where things could be lodged after flooding/rushing water.

Last edited:
More info from Owensboro Times interview 6-14 with Trouper King Update from Kentucky State Police regarding missing 8-month-old Miya Rudd in Ohio County. Another search is currently being conducted at the Rudd... | By Owensboro Times | Facebook
  • Specialized equipment, Medical Examiner, Coroner, and LE are searching. They have not found anything yet, coroner is there to immediately respond to any findings.
  • Searching home and property in greater detail, now that the drugs have been removed (was not safe). Searching burn pile currently.
  • Parents and paternal grandparents were big players in drug trafficking ring in the community. Part of a larger ring. goal was to find Miya, and drugs were everywhere that they had to address, while still searching for Miya.
  • Parents and paternal grandparents... zero cooperation.
  • Maternal grandparents were alluding to different conflicting information, didn't help investigation. Trouper King said that he hasn't seen a family tree go this deep with this level of non cooperation on a baby's investigation. Would not say who came forward May 30th to say they hadn't seen Miya for a month. Indicated it may have been an acquaintance, not a blood relative.
  • Teams with cadaver dogs searching two other locations today, on two different roads. Would not say where.
  • Will move search if dogs find anything.
  • full size person dies, there will be evidence found. An 8 month old, things can move/consume a small body, so they are looking at the smallest detailed level to find any evidence.
  • They are searching on their best explanation, because this is the only thing that makes sense until someone comes forward with more information.
  • Makes plea to anyone holding the child to come forward, they would not be in trouble.
  • Today they are going to exhaust this location, and then move to the other locations, where water swiftly runs through and evidence could collect.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ax445
Back