KY KY - Miya Tucker, 8-months, not found during welfare check, parents arrested for child abandonment & drug possession, Reynolds Station, 6 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
as to the bolded, why then did they ever let the parents leave the hospital with Miya if they were "planning" to remove Miya? How much planning is needed? Don't let her leave the hospital and there is no need to remove her from anything! grrr.

the parents couldn't have hid Miya from authorities by staying on the move if the authorities simply had never let her leave the hospital with these parents!

stuff like this makes me angry.

Im not really understanding the wording of the article either.

"King said the parents were moved and left the hospital...."

Moved- as in a "normal" move from a delivery room to a postpartum room? Mother/baby unit full and moved to a different ward entirely to recover? How would that really impede things if CPS planned to remove Miya? Strange that it says "moved, then left" vs discharged.

Imho
Honestly drugs are going to be the downfall of our nation if we don’t get a grip
on illegal drug use and abuse.
Poor baby was doomed from birth. Some people should never have children.
Dealing and addicted bunch of criminals!

“We have no evidence she’s deceased,” Kentucky State Police Trooper Cory King told WFIE of the search. “But we have no evidence she’s alive, either.”
[snip]
While King said investigators remained hopeful that Miya might be found alive, he cautioned: “The longer this goes, the more grim of an outcome this will be.
Desperate search underway for missing 8-month-old last seen in April who tested positive for meth at birth

1st BBM - This tells me they found no evidence of a baby living in their home.
2nd one - I think whatever outcome Miya met she met months ago and that bell cannot be unrung. It's a matter of finding her and giving her a dignified resting place.

Tucker and Rudd were arrested on June 6 at the motel in Owensboro, located about 25 miles away from their home in Reynolds Station, on multiple felony drug charges and abandonment of a minor.

Kentucky State Police trooper Corey King told the TV station that the parents were caught in possession of a large quantity of drugs and had no information about Miya's whereabouts.

He added that they were 'not being very cooperative with our investigation'.
[snip]
Kentucky State Police removed Miya's three older siblings from Tucker and Rudd's home awhile ago.

Miya, whose umbilical cord tested positive for meth after her birth in October, was expected to join her siblings on May 30.

However, other family members contacted police after not having seen the girl since late April.
Kentucky police arrest parents and grandparents of missing baby girl

make it make sense. so they knew where she was and "planned" to remove Miya on May 30th? Or the "planned" to remove her but she was taken from the hospital and then the parents kept moving to hide her? so many seemingly conflicting stories.

Tucker and Rudd were arrested on June 6 at the motel in Owensboro, located about 25 miles away from their home in Reynolds Station, on multiple felony drug charges and abandonment of a minor.

Kentucky State Police trooper Corey King told the TV station that the parents were caught in possession of a large quantity of drugs and had no information about Miya's whereabouts.

He added that they were 'not being very cooperative with our investigation'.
[snip]
Kentucky State Police removed Miya's three older siblings from Tucker and Rudd's home awhile ago.

Miya, whose umbilical cord tested positive for meth after her birth in October, was expected to join her siblings on May 30.

However, other family members contacted police after not having seen the girl since late April.
Kentucky police arrest parents and grandparents of missing baby girl

make it make sense. so they knew where she was and "planned" to remove Miya on May 30th? Or the "planned" to remove her but she was taken from the hospital and then the parents kept moving to hide her? so many seemingly conflicting stories.
I soooo want to think they are hiding her, but why keep that a secret now?

jmo

why fight so hard to keep Miya from being taken? Could they collect public benefits fo her or would that have given away their location thereby leading to the baby being taken? Most parents fight to keep children they don't really want to gain benefits. But if they were trying to keep the baby from being taken by CPS then could they still collect benefits from one arm of the state and hope to keep her location a secret for another state agency?

Why on earth didn't they just let Miya go with her siblings to Tesla's mom?? Sigh, this case is so stinkin sad.

ETA I don't think they are hiding a living child. I think they are hiding her location at this point because she is dead and they are responsible. no body, harder to charge with a murder by act or ommission. JMO

Last edited:
why fight so hard to keep Miya from being taken? Could they collect public benefits fo her or would that have given away their location thereby leading to the baby being taken? Most parents fight to keep children they don't really want to gain benefits. But if they were trying to keep the baby from being taken by CPS then could they still collect benefits from one arm of the state and hope to keep her location a secret for another state agency?

Why on earth didn't they just let Miya go with her siblings to Tesla's mom?? Sigh, this case is so stinkin sad.

ETA I don't think they are hiding a living child. I think they are kiding her location at this point because she is dead and they are responsible. no body, harder to charge with a murder by act or ommission. JMO
I think that baby went to landfill months ago, and there will be no finding her there. It's grim, but it's how I think this is going to go. Nobody in the world looked out for this girl, from the moment she was conceived.

MOO

The only thing that makes sense to me for them allowing the baby to leave the hospital with the parents, is if the test results from the umbilical cord hadn't come back yet, before they checked out.

jmo
If that truly is the case, then I think they shouldn’t let the parents leave until the results come back. Because then it’s a gamble if you’re going to be able to remove the child. Sadly in this case it probably cost a child her life. MOO.

I'm not putting a lot of credibility in family members saying they saw her in April. Sorry to be cynical but I don't think she made it that long. Truly, sorry.

jmo
I’m only going by what the news says. If KSP believes it’s credible, then I have believed it to be true as well. But it is odd that they don’t have any pictures of the child in her whole (maybe) 8 months of life besides her newborn picture.

Last seen by whom, is what I want to know.

They're using a picture of her as a literal newborn for the missing flyer.

If it's one of the family current in jail, I'm not giving it much weight.

MOO
The news and the Kentucky state police only state that it was a family member. And I doubt it was one of the family members that are in jail or else I don’t think the news/ksp would be taking it as factual info. I am guessing the person who reported the last time they saw the child was in April, is the same one who reported the child missing last week. MOO.

I'm not putting a lot of credibility in family members saying they saw her in April. Sorry to be cynical but I don't think she made it that long. Truly, sorry.

jmo
depends which family members. if it is Telsa's mom (who has custody of Tesla's other children) then yes, I believe April as last seen month. If it's someone from Rudd's side of the family who claims to have seen Miya in April, then nope don't believe a word from any of them. Addicts lie, they lie like most of us breath. JMO

depends which family members. if it is Telsa's mom (who has custody of Tesla's other children) then yes, I believe April as last seen month. If it's someone from Rudd's side of the family who claims to have seen Miya in April, then nope don't believe a word from any of them. Addicts lie, they lie like most of us breath. JMO
Agreed! As I said earlier, I don’t think the news or police would put it out there if they didn’t take it as the truth. I definitely think the family member who reported they hadn't seen the child since the end of April is likely the same person who filed the missing person report last week with the police. And that family member is most likely the grandma who has Teslas 3 other children. Moo. I pray this child is alive, but if not I hope and pray she didn’t suffer. My heart breaks for this little girl. And I definitely feel like the system failed her. IMO.

Last seen by whom, is what I want to know.

They're using a picture of her as a literal newborn for the missing flyer.

If it's one of the family current in jail, I'm not giving it much weight.

MOO
Who only has pictures of a baby as a new born???
Probably the hospitals picture anyway.
I try sooo hard to stay away from child abuse cases. Just cannot handle. But since the thread kept appearing on the "what's new" list ..I thought..well maybe Good News.
How silly of me...it's only getting worse.
I think it's a given "what to do" within the massive American drug culture:
"Get rid of IT, before anyone notices."

Last edited:
If that truly is the case, then I think they shouldn’t let the parents leave until the results come back. Because then it’s a gamble if you’re going to be able to remove the child. Sadly in this case it probably cost a child her life. MOO.
Either let the parents leave without baby or have them wait with baby....absolutely agree. MOO I have no idea if that's how every hospital handles it in our state but 4 years ago a friend got a call that her grandbaby tested positive for meth. Grandson could not leave with mom. Happy ending for him that he's since been adopted by grandma.

Agreed! As I said earlier, I don’t think the news or police would put it out there if they didn’t take it as the truth. I definitely think the family member who reported they hadn't seen the child since the end of April is likely the same person who filed the missing person report last week with the police. And that family member is most likely the grandma who has Teslas 3 other children. Moo. I pray this child is alive, but if not I hope and pray she didn’t suffer. My heart breaks for this little girl. And I definitely feel like the system failed her. IMO.
I would hope that they wouldn't but then I am following the Blake and London Deven missing persons case and LE only have the adoptive mother's word on when those kids were last seen. I would hope though, that if in this case, they aren't sure about the April sighting they would do as they finally did in the Deven case, and plead for the public to report any sightings of the missing baby for a period prior to that April sighting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back