KY KY - Morgan Violi, 7, Bowling Green, 24 July 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so impressed with just how astute some of our members are that can remember a sketch, and put a person's face with that sketch. It happened with Jesse Matthews in the Hannah Graham case too. A member recognized his face from a sketch in Morgan Harrington's case, even years after her murder.

Thank God for people like you all that can piece things together. I am not that smart and admire the dedication and diligence you possess.

I definitely see a resemblance. The only thing to me that really DOESN'T match are the eyes. His eyes are very far apart but the sketch has close together eyes. However, I know it's not an exact 'science' by any means. So I certainly wouldn't rule him out.

I wish we could figure out if he had ties to Ohio.

I definitely see a resemblance. The only thing to me that really DOESN'T match are the eyes. His eyes are very far apart but the sketch has close together eyes. However, I know it's not an exact 'science' by any means. So I certainly wouldn't rule him out.

I wish we could figure out if he had ties to Ohio.

I can see a possible match with the eyes. It's the chin that's throwing everything off for me. But eyewitness accounts are not the most reliable.

Yeah, the chin isn't quite right. But the indents on the jaw kind of freak me out.

I'm curious where the description of the perp came from. Was it from children that Morgan was playing with?

The original sketch released by LE can be found here

There were apparently multiple eyewitnesses (not necessarily to the abduction) and they described his hair differently.

The original sketch released by LE can be found here

There were apparently multiple eyewitnesses (not necessarily to the abduction) and they described his hair differently.

That sketch doesn't look anything at all like TM in my opinion.

Even though the one sketch looks very similar IMO, the original doesn't IMO. Thanks for posting that. This plus the fact that the van was stolen in Ohio really makes me think that some other perp killed Morgan. Only DNA could tell for sure.

I think I read that the 2nd van he used was found in Tennessee. Makes me wonder if this is someone from elsewhere who was just passing through Kentucky.

Yep. I can't seem to see any Ohio ties with her.

I didn't know 15 year olds could get married.

I taught HS in Eastern & Western KY (not these folks nor this town) in the early 1990s, and we had many, many children who got married at 15, almost always with their families' encouragement, even if they were not pregnant. They'd have a church service w/ cake & punch, then move in with one of their parents or a trailer on the property.

One of my colleagues was from there and had gotten married at 14, just like everyone else in her family. She had her first kid at 17, and went to college at 30. She described it to me as "playing house."

I think I read that the 2nd van he used was found in Tennessee. Makes me wonder if this is someone from elsewhere who was just passing through Kentucky.

if I remember correctly, wasn't she found near White House, Tennessee? That's basically just over the state line a few miles. But I agree that it could have been someone just passing through.

Honestly, if wouldn't surprise me a bit if TM is responsible for Morgan as well. If you think about it, it fits his MO. Sudden opportunity, "hey, I got my hands on a stolen van, I can do this thing and nobody will suspect it was me." Very similar to the Gabbi crime, "I can just sneak her into the woods during the game and nobody will suspect it was me." And, just like the other crime, the suspect isn't quite as smart as he thought he was, and managed to be spotted. If it is determined it was TM, the question will be whether he had any not-so-stupid incidents between MJV and GD that went undetected. I hope to God they still have usable evidence in the MJV case to test for DNA. Kudos to whoever found that yearbook photo.

bbm
Same here -- Ever since I saw those photos, I have not shaken the feeling that TM probably is guilty of Violi's death, etc., as well. The resemblance is remarkable -- almost dead-on, IMO. Eerie.

Let's hope LE may have the same feeling at least enuff to investigate a bit. Justice delayed is still justice.

ETA: But I could be wrong...

Do we know for sure they found DNA on Morgan or at the place she was found?

I taught HS in Eastern & Western KY (not these folks nor this town) in the early 1990s, and we had many, many children who got married at 15, almost always with their families' encouragement, even if they were not pregnant. They'd have a church service w/ cake & punch, then move in with one of their parents or a trailer on the property.

One of my colleagues was from there and had gotten married at 14, just like everyone else in her family. She had her first kid at 17, and went to college at 30. She described it to me as "playing house."

You nailed it!

It was stated the maroon van was found in TN. I've read TM has family in Westmoreland, TN which is approximately 10 minutes from Scottsville, KY.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Yep. I can't seem to see any Ohio ties with her.

I didn't know 15 year olds could get married.

I'm originally from Kentucky. I think anyone from Kentucky has ties to Ohio and Tennessee whether it's relatives or needing to go to the "big city" to go to a real shopping mall or international airport or buy liquor because your county and all the counties around you didn't get the memo that prohibition ended. My brother and sister in law live in Louisvile KY but she went to Cincinnati, OH to give birth because the hospital was nicer. I have relatives in Ohio and TN. I grew up about 45 minutes from where this kidnapping and murder took place. I was in highschool at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back