KY - Multiple casualties in active shooter situation at Old National Bank in Louisville, Apr 2023 *suspect dead*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh I get why some people may want to kill others that they feel have wronged them; "take them out." But why do they want to vide it, why do they want people to see it? To me, it ultimately shows that they themselves are the horrible person, not the person they are shooting.

'Seems many in our society view killing as valuable bold justice.

I don't know why we are quickly losing the value of the human life.

Oh I get why some people may want to kill others that they feel have wronged them; "take them out." But why do they want to vide it, why do they want people to see it? To me, it ultimately shows that they themselves are the horrible person, not the person they are shooting.
Now that is a GREAT question so I had to see if Goog had any answers since I don't. Here is some of what I found:

It’s always been common for violent criminals and killers to seek fame and recognition for their actions. In the past, Wilson explains, these figures have left calling cards behind or would even go so far as to tip off the press themselves.

[...]

“The idea of the livestream is very much about the performance,” Wilson explains.

“The killer is very much telling a story about themselves. It’s about narcissism; their need to be in control. Their need to be centre stage, to validate their life by taking another life.

Boyd went on to explain that social media is about sharing your life with others, and garnering attention through the events that fill our days. It’s possible that this is what perpetrators who broadcast themselves are attempting to do, with less self-awareness than the average person.

Whether in pursuit of fame or simply using social media to broadcast their lives, “they are trying to get attention,” says Boyd.

[...]

“Livestreaming seems to be a way they can demonstrate their power,” Wilson says about the perpetrators.

Oh I agree. We need to not do that. We see examples now where serial killers are portrayed not as horrible people, but as "interesting" , etc. Horrific crimes are excused, and then tolerated, and eventually accepted. It is sick.

What's worse: when these hideous mass murders occur the headlines are screaming all about the killer, what he did, his/her state of mind, any manifesto and on and on. The victims become footnotes--

911 calls released.

From Link:

“Transparency is important, even more so in times of crisis,” Greenberg said. “Today, we are releasing the 911 calls from Monday’s mass shooting. Parts of the audio have been redacted to protect the privacy of those involved.”

End Quote

(call number 5 is the shooter's mom; the last few seconds of her call are awful ..when she finds out that he is already there)

"The former employee who killed five people at the bank where he had worked on Monday was living in a one-story house with his close friend, who says he did not know his roommate was planning an attack."

911 calls released.

From Link:

“Transparency is important, even more so in times of crisis,” Greenberg said. “Today, we are releasing the 911 calls from Monday’s mass shooting. Parts of the audio have been redacted to protect the privacy of those involved.”

End Quote

(call number 5 is the shooter's mom; the last few seconds of her call are awful ..when she finds out that he is already there)
I didn't make it through the first call... Chilling...

We already do glorify murder
We also glorify opiate addiction, and there is NOTHING glamorous or fun about that, either.

I wonder what they might find at autopsy when they examine his brain. The Texas tower shooter in the 1960s had a brain tumor, although it's believed to have been coincidental with his other issues.

"The former employee who killed five people at the bank where he had worked on Monday was living in a one-story house with his close friend, who says he did not know his roommate was planning an attack."

He is probably thanking his lucky stars that he was not the first victim.

I didn't make it through the first call... Chilling...
It was. Hearing shots being fired while a young female was whispering from inside a closet. Ugh.

I was particularly interested in the Mom's call however.

2 things she stated. He had no history of violence. To her knowledge, he did not own a gun. I skipped the other calls. It makes you feel helpless...nothing you can do. Sigh.

Imho

It seems society no longer understands that life is NOT fair. You can follow all the rules and still get a bad deal. You can ignore all the rules and get a bad deal. Some are born with privilege, others are not. Some people rise, some people fall. You can be misunderstood, you can be sad, you can be confused. Our society seems to be forgetting true self-respect includes respect for the lives around him/her. Sorry... soap box rant :(

It seems society no longer understands that life is NOT fair. You can follow all the rules and still get a bad deal. You can ignore all the rules and get a bad deal. Some are born with privilege, others are not. Some people rise, some people fall. You can be misunderstood, you can be sad, you can be confused. Our society seems to be forgetting true self-respect includes respect for the lives around him/her. Sorry... soap box rant :(

England is a cup of tea.
France a wheel of ripened brie.
Greece a short squat olive tree.

America is a gun.

Never, ever will I forget this amazing poem.....

I’ve seen a study that shows exposure to violent video games does not correlate with violent behavior, not sure if there has been a more recent study than this.
I honestly have a very hard time believing these reports. Does everyone who plays these games become violent? Of course not! BUT, my personal belief is that they do become desensitized. Some of those games are so life like it’s unbelievable and scary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back