KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is her god cool with her playing god? from jail?

oh yeah, I forgot she can just lather, repent, rinse and repeat.

Do you think she has an Ashley Madison account?

Davis' lawyer, Roger Gannam, said it was the first time in history an American citizen has been jailed for believing that marriage is a union between one man and one woman. He compared her willingness to accept imprisonment to what Martin Luther King Jr. did to advance civil rights.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ke...-marriages-as-their-boss-is-jailed/ar-AAdUq1U

BBM for emphasis.

KD was not jailed for her beliefs. She was jailed for contempt of court-- for her ACTIONS. She is free to believe whatever she wants. No one is forcing her to "believe" something different from what she believes.

IMO, we have a sincere, major problem socially in this country, in that many people don't understand that beliefs-- however sincerely they are held-- do not justify or excuse unlawful BEHAVIOR.

It may be that some people have sincerely held beliefs that are in conflict with local, state, or federal laws. But those people do not have any right or entitlement to take action on those beliefs in a way that obstructs OTHER people's rights under the law.

Sometimes that inner conflict may mean that a conflicted person has to resign from a job they need, or even like. That is the price we ALL pay for having an inner compass, a conscience, on the job. At the point in which one's conscience at work compels behavior that is unlawful, or not in accordance with policies, procedures, etc-- then the decision is easy. You leave your job, and keep your conscience and BELIEFS intact. OR, you make peace on some level with the conflict, see if there is some work around that doesn't inconvenience others, and stay in the job. But there are some jobs that just can't accommodate every person's beliefs.

I certainly have experienced that in my own profession, with hiring and staffing issues. From time to time we get applicants who show up with a long list of what they "will not do"-- cases they will not take, procedures they will not participate in-- we even had one applicant who wanted to "opt out" of any case involving female patients! We simply don't have the numbers of staffers needed to properly serve patients and fulfill our contract with hospitals if we take on one of the applicants with a long "will not do" list-- no matter how skilled or experienced they might be otherwise. We explain it as clearly as we can, and then encourage those candidates to apply to bigger institutions, where there are enough other staffers for them to have another person substitute for their "will not do" situations, or continue to look for another environment that can accommodate them. It's a very tough situation as an employer. You constantly have to keep separate BELIEFS and ACTIONS in those conversations.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ke...-marriages-as-their-boss-is-jailed/ar-AAdUq1U

BBM for emphasis.

KD was not jailed for her beliefs. She was jailed for contempt of court-- for her ACTIONS. She is free to believe whatever she wants. No one is forcing her to "believe" something different from what she believes.

IMO, we have a sincere, major problem socially in this country, in that many people don't understand that beliefs-- however sincerely they are held-- do not justify or excuse unlawful BEHAVIOR.

It may be that some people have sincerely held beliefs that are in conflict with local, state, or federal laws. But those people do not have any right or entitlement to take action on those beliefs in a way that obstructs OTHER people's rights under the law.

Sometimes that inner conflict may mean that a conflicted person has to resign from a job they need, or even like. That is the price we ALL pay for having an inner compass, a conscience, on the job. At the point in which one's conscience at work compels behavior that is unlawful, or not in accordance with policies, procedures, etc-- then the decision is easy. You leave your job, and keep your conscience and BELIEFS intact. OR, you make peace on some level with the conflict, see if there is some work around that doesn't inconvenience others, and stay in the job. But there are some jobs that just can't accommodate every person's beliefs.

I certainly have experienced that in my own profession, with hiring and staffing issues. From time to time we get applicants who show up with a long list of what they "will not do"-- cases they will not take, procedures they will not participate in-- we even had one applicant who wanted to "opt out" of any case involving female patients! We simply don't have the numbers of staffers needed to properly serve patients and fulfill our contract with hospitals if we take on one of the applicants with a long "will not do" list-- no matter how skilled or experienced they might be otherwise. We explain it as clearly as we can, and then encourage those candidates to apply to bigger institutions, where there are enough other staffers for them to have another person substitute for their "will not do" situations, or continue to look for another environment that can accommodate them. It's a very tough situation as an employer. You constantly have to keep separate BELIEFS and ACTIONS in those conversations.

I totally agree 100%.

If this woman had resigned, on the grounds that in light of her religious beliefs she could not, in good conscience, issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, I would respect her decision, despite my disagreement with that position.

But this grandstanding and obstinacy are ridiculous. She does not have the right to decide who in that county gets to marry. It's her obligation to perform the duties of that job in compliance with the law. Period.

And then to reject a compromise deal whereby her deputies could issue the licenses! It's just inexcusable.

This is not a person of faith being true to her religious beliefs. This is a wanna-be dictator arrogating to herself the right to countermand a SCOTUS ruling.

It's people like her who make atheists like me mentally label people in terms like "my actual-Christian friend, Laura." IMO

I'm completely incensed by this person. I want to confiscate her salary and donate it to gay couples in her district for their weddings.

So does anyone know if her gofundieme account has been started yet?

It's people like her who make atheists like me mentally label people in terms like "my actual-Christian friend, Laura." IMO

I hear ya. I'm dismayed when I think about how few people I've met in my life who described themselves as Christians actually seemed to try to follow Christ's teachings.

Which is sad, because he had some really good ideas.

Sep 3 2015, 8:28 pm ET

Couple Suing Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Over Marriage License Plan to Wed Friday

by Gabe Gutierrez and Daniella Silva

A couple involved in the lawsuit against the embattled Kentucky clerk who was jailed after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples said they are looking forward to getting married on Friday and hope they face no problems this time around.

Karen Roberts and April Miller were denied a marriage license on Tuesday by Rowan County, Kentucky, clerk Kim Davis, who has said she is refusing to issue the licenses based on her religious beliefs as an Apostolic Christian...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...im-davis-over-marriage-licenses-plans-n421402

It's just mean and futile, sabotaging other people's lives like that...Assuming that being gay is against God's will, even so, doing what she did just spoiled some people's weddings. She didn't turn one single gay person into a straight person by denying them a marriage licence but it may have made some feel more resentful towards Christianity and God. So what is the point? What is she accomplishing, beyond being famous now?

Good grief, these people don't have the sense God gave rocks.

"It's not a defeat. Some may say it is, but it's not a defeat. It's a setback," Joe Davis said. "It ain't over. It'll still be a fight."

snip

Joe Davis blasted Bunning for putting his wife behind bars.

"He's no different than a bully in high school or out here in the street," Davis said.

snip

"She has done her job," Joe Davis said. "Just because five Supreme Court judges make a ruling, it's not a law."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kim-davis-kentucky-clerk-will-stay-jail-long-it-takes-n421676

1. Joe, it's over.
2. Expecting someone to do their job is not bullying.
3. Where'd you get your law degree? Bob's Bait and JDs?

She has done her job... except when she doesn't. I thought her job is to issue marriage licences.

She has done her job... except when she doesn't. I thought her job is to issue marriage licences.

As I understand it, she stopped issuing ALL marriage licenses.

Ridiculous that she should think she could remain as county clerk and not issue marriage licenses, regardless of gender issues.

Kim Davis thinks she has a solution to her problem.

The Kentucky county clerk, jailed for failing to follow a judge’s orders to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, wants her name removed from the marriage certificates, her attorney Matthew Staver told ABC News.

“She has a very strong conscience and she’s just asking for a simple remedy, and that is, remove her name from the certificate and all will be well,” Staver said. “That simple remedy has simply been ignored by the court and by the governor and that’s what should have been done.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jailed-kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-offers-remedy-sex/story?id=33532686

Wonder if she issued all 4 of hers?:thinking: Just do the damn job your paid to do and leave religion at out it:gaah: The Supreme Court doesn't ask you to agree, it makes it the law to issue a marriage license. Don't want too, sit in :jail:.

What in the world does she hope to ACCOMPLISH with her refusal to issue the licenses? Seriously, what does she think will happen? Her actions are not going to change the law, so what is her ultimate goal?

If her only objective is to adhere to her beliefs, then she needs to resign because the job requires her to issue licenses.

What exactly is the procedure to fire this woman? She currently is not showing up for the job - at what point does that disqualify her from holding the Clerk position? I certainly hope she is not drawing a paycheck while sitting in jail.

But, seriously, she does realize the law is not going to change because of what she's doing, right?

The Kentucky county clerk, jailed for failing to follow a judge’s orders to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, wants her name removed from the marriage certificates, her attorney Matthew Staver told ABC News.

“She has a very strong conscience and she’s just asking for a simple remedy, and that is, remove her name from the certificate and all will be well,” Staver said. “That simple remedy has simply been ignored by the court and by the governor and that’s what should have been done.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jailed-kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-offers-remedy-sex/story?id=33532686

This is ridiculous. She was elected to a job with certain responsibilities, including signing marriage licenses.

If she doesn't want to sign the licenses, as she was elected to do, the simple remedy is to resign.

Duh.

Kim Davis forgot one other simple solution to her "religious" dilemma......resign from the position. But then she also would no longer receive the paycheck either. If she wants her name removed from marriage licenses she can do that herself.

This is another situation of a "Christian" following some of God's word but not all and picking and choosing which ones to follow.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax
Back