GUILTY KY - Ryan Poston, 29, murdered at his Highland Heights home, 12 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 1h1 hour ago

"Hubers penalty phase: "She sat there and looked at photos of Ryan Poston's dead body and didn't react," said Snodgrass who is arguing for a sentence of life for Shayna Hubers."

Looks like she CAN be given a longer sentence than last time.
Yay! I thought it seemed like they they should be able to give a longer sentence since this was a whole new trial.

Jay Warren‏Verified account @JayWarrenWCPO 2h2 hours ago

Hubers penalty phase: Sharon Hubers addressing the jury--"Shayna has a lot to give the world. I am alone. She is the only one I can talk to. My child's life has also been taken. Her family also grieves. @WCPO

Her child's life has NOT been TAKEN. Her child committed murder of her own volition.

She can still talk to her child.

Ryan's family cannot.

"Her family also grieves" But they don't grieve for the death of Ryan---just for Shayna.

A little remorse from Shayna and her family for his death might have helped in the jury's decision for her sentence but there's just none there.

Hubers penalty phase: Tiffany Egan(friend) "I met Shayna back in 2011. She has been an amazing friend. I can always rely on her for everything. She's very kind. (asking jury) I just ask you for leniency on her I know she will go out and help the world." @WCPO

Hubers penalty phase: Sharon Hubers Shayna's mother on the witness stand. "Shayna was reading by the time she was three years old. She was in the gifted and talented program by the time she was five." @WCPO

Hubers penalty phase: "She grew up singing in church and spent six years as a soprano on our church worship team," said Sharon Hubers Shayna's mother. @WCPO

BBM
confused-smiley-face.gif

Hubers penalty phase: Defense atty. David Eldridge, "She is not a threat to society."

"I am asking you to give her twenty years because of who she is and who she can be,"

BBM Such dribble and hogwash. She's a killer- once someone kills, they can do it again- they have that mentality, IMO.

Put her in prison and throw away the key....Is she eligible for the DP?

Actually, I think she could have been but the prosecution didn't ask for it because 1.) she's young 2.) She doesn't have a criminal history, so it would be unlikely she would get it. Plus, I doubt she could get 12 jurors to agree to that.

Last edited:
Going around singing Amazing Grace, saying ‘yeah she did it’ while in the LE interrogation room, laughing to her mom about the murder and just the things she said to others....shows she does not care at all except for herself. She thought she would get away with it. She is a danger to society and especially any male she gets hooked up to.....ie husband. BeIng young and having no KNOWN killing or abuse history towards others does not mean a thing IMO. I hope the jury gives her the max.

Update 2:50 p.m.: Katie Carter, Ryan Poston’s sister, brought a teddy bear to the stand for her testimony in the sentencing hearing for Shayna Hubers.

Carter pressed the bear’s hand. Poston’s voice from his typical phone greeting emanated from the bear.

“That’s it,” Carter said through tears. “That’s all we have. A voicemail.”

Shayna Hubers sentencing: 'That’s it. That’s all we have. A voicemail' from Ryan Poston

That is so horribly sad!:(

"We had a lot of faith in this jury," Campbell County Prosecutor Michelle Snodgrass said. "We knew that they would make the right decision for Ryan."

The family gathered outside the courtroom to speak about the result of the trial Wednesday afternoon.

"For six years we've been living through this. It's been very difficult. It puts your entire life on hold," Jay Poston, Ryan Poston's father, said. "Our No. 1 goal was justice for Ryan. We got it today."

Family of Ryan Poston: 'Our No. 1 goal was justice for Ryan. We got it today.'

Hope the Judge follows their recommendation.

I have a feeling he will. In the last trial when she was sentenced to 40 years, he indicated he considered a longer sentence than the 40 years recommended by jurors. Shayna Hubers sentenced to 40 years in prison
I feel like you do and with what the judge said back then. She never did have any remorse for his family or for what she did. I wouldn't believe her now if she said she did. I don't think the judge will have any problem handing out a life sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back