Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on here made the connection of the owners (last name) of the house at 3178 Falls Lick Rd. (where the car was towed from) to the last name of one of the male individuals? Is it kosher to say on here?

Yes! But NO! Against TOS

Does anyone find it odd that the fathers of the four children have not been heard from? Aside from one article there is nothing. I feel like the mother has made a lot of conflicting statements to the media. My opinion on this case is that she was drunk and took a ride with them thinking it will all work out. I feel like all the answers lie in the mens minds. I do think they know exactly what occurred but will not say. We see cases like this too often it's very sad.

I don't think her ex's behavior is odd. He was on the news when she first went missing. He mentioned that her older kids miss her. He has at least 3 kids to take care of. I don't know if he is with the oldest child too. Trying to offer them stability and protect them from the media is really the best thing he can do.

I don't think her ex's behavior is odd. He was on the news when she first went missing. He mentioned that her older kids miss her. He has at least 3 kids to take care of. I don't know if he is with the oldest child too. Trying to offer them stability and protect them from the media is really the best thing he can do.

IMO, as a local, the ex/dad needn’t worry about media.
Especially in LA (Lex Area). Jmo, of course.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed (but I have read most posts in the 3 threads), but do we know if there is a specific reason why they are searching the areas that they are? Especially water? Because they are close to the house she supposedly went to? Because they might have a lead from a tip or what one of the men said? Does anyone think they were able to execute a warrant for at least the cell phone records of the guy whose house they searched? Is it possible they were able to tell he was in certain areas that morning? Just wondering if there was any known info on this.

Has anyone on here made the connection of the owners (last name) of the house at XXXX Falls Lick Rd. (where the car was towed from) to the last name of one of the male individuals? Is it kosher to say on here?
I've seen a video of a reporter knocking on the door of the residence but nobody answered and if you google the address you see a lot of vehicles and a trampoline and kids toys laying about doesnt look like a typical spot for a crime but it still wouldnt suprise me. Google pics could be years old also.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed (but I have read most posts in the 3 threads), but do we know if there is a specific reason why they are searching the areas that they are? Especially water? Because they are close to the house she supposedly went to? Because they might have a lead from a tip or what one of the men said? Does anyone think they were able to execute a warrant for at least the cell phone records of the guy whose house they searched? Is it possible they were able to tell he was in certain areas that morning? Just wondering if there was any known info on this.

I don't think in a case like this they would give out info on what the investigators are doing as far as on the three men, they haven't labeled them suspects. My impression is this search team is looking in places she may be because it's been so long since she became missing.

I'm wondering what evidence they have and if any lab work on it has been completed. Googled to try and find how long lab work takes, in Ky, when they investigate a crime. Only found that last year the lab was very backed up on rape kits.

The authorities have reported Savannah was last at a certain home and traveled in the backseat of one of the men's car and two men were in that car with one following in the truck. How do they know this? Also they haven't said dogs hit on anything so we're left not knowing much about what they've found. They haven't said foul play was involved and they haven't named any of the men as suspects.

We don't know when Savannah may have left that home or when she arrived. I'm thinking phone pings must be giving them some info but they haven't told that to the public. I don't know if I know enough about investigations of crime cases to have all the answers. Hopefully someone else will give us some answers.

Correction, I do think they have said something about her phone pinging and know they said the phone turned off at 8:30 a.m.

When I was reading through media articles today I found the time line changing on when the Mom talked with Savannah and what time she left the bar. About fifteen to twenty minutes difference so that makes a difference in how far she may have been when driving in the car with the two men. She may have talked to her Mom way before she realized they were taking her so far away from Lexington.

I haven't caught up on reading the previous posts...can't keep up. But if the phone was turned off at 8:30 maybe this gives more weight to the theory she ODed and they thought she was sleeping. when they couldn't wake her they panicked and disposed of her and her belongings.

When I was reading through media articles today I found the time line changing on when the Mom talked with Savannah and what time she left the bar. About fifteen to twenty minutes difference so that makes a difference in how far she may have been when driving in the car with the two men. She may have talked to her Mom way before she realized they were taking her so far away from Lexington.

Yeah, there’s a lot of discrepancy. As we all know, in every case, msm articles disappear or get edited, too. It’s hard for a newcomer to a case to catch up, it’s overwhelming, imo.
HLN just did a clip with the purse image.

Has anyone on here made the connection of the owners (last name) of the house at XXXX Falls Lick Rd. (where the car was towed from) to the last name of one of the male individuals? Is it kosher to say on here?
Yes & No

I haven't caught up on reading the previous posts...can't keep up. But if the phone was turned off at 8:30 maybe this gives more weight to the theory she ODed and they thought she was sleeping. when they couldn't wake her they panicked and disposed of her and her belongings.

I don't know if they have had cadaver dogs search the home but you would think so. I wanted to know how long after death a dog would smell the scent and this article gives us about a three hour window for a dog picking up the scent of someone who has just died.

Correction Three hour window would not be the right way to word what I said. After the person was deceased for three hours a cadaver dog picked up the scent.
This was written in the article I posted so I'm thinking a dog may could have picked up the scent if Savannah died in the home while all were sleeping.

The CSI death dogs: Sniffing out the truth behind the crime-scene

Last edited:
Yeah, there’s a lot of discrepancy. As we all know, in every case, msm articles disappear or get edited, too. It’s hard for a newcomer to a case to catch up, it’s overwhelming, imo.
HLN just did a clip with the purse image.

In one article I read last night, the Mom was not exactly sure when she called her, a fifteen minute difference in when it may have been. Also I've read reports differing on just when she left the bar. I think the differences are because whoever is giving out the information isn't certain. But the differences could make a big difference in whether Savannah agreed to take that 40 mile trip to go party or if she was forced into going. All we have to go by is how she sounded when she talked to her Mom. Possibly she had just been in the car traveling for a few minutes when she talked to her Mom and had no idea how far they were taking her.

Some WS folks have suggested the possibility of a drug over dose as from recreational drugs.
Also some have said it appears in the photo where SS is arm to arm with one of the men that she appears to be intoxicated but wanting to be with the man.

I have a different response to the arm to arm photo, specifically that it look like the man is physically supporting and leading a way out of it SS who has been roofied.

People go to bars often with the idea of hooking up. But there are also predators who roofie others and often get away with the act because of lack of recall, shame, etc. of the victim.

The idea of a heavily intoxicated young woman leaving a bar with three men and then traveling 40 miles away is a troubling bad situation as far as something happening. The video talk with SS's mother is confounding (as is her mother taking the initial occurrence so lightly). If I was SS's parent, I would have put and immediate stop to the situation and made plans to get SS ASAP as in stop what you are doing now and wait until arrangements can be made to pick you up or for the men to bring SS immediately home or to some authority (LE maybe) and not out for more party. But SS had a mind of her own too. I just know I would not sleep and would have been highly anxious until SS was home safe.

What if SS was roofied and later died from the roofie-alcohol combination? Maybe only one of the men, the man who roofied, ended up with SS and she passed away while with him. He then would have reason to dispose of her body because an autopsy would reveal the roofie in her system.

The best case I can see here is that SS was over whelmed by her life situation and ran to start a new situation and means and circumstance have nothing to do with what we have learned so far. But this is doubtful and SS is nearly 100% likely to be deceased. Authorities seem to think this is as well and are on a body (and evidence) recovery mission.

In one article I read last night, the Mom was not exactly sure when she called her, a fifteen minute difference in when it may have been. Also I've read reports differing on just when she left the bar. I think the differences are because whoever is giving out the information isn't certain. But the differences could make a big difference in whether Savannah agreed to take that 40 mile trip to go party or if she was forced into going. All we have to go by is how she sounded when she talked to her Mom. Possibly she had just been in the car traveling for a few minutes when she talked to her Mom and had no idea how far they were taking her.

I think the exact time of leaving TOB is not in question, LE knows, IMO. <modsnip: Unless you are a VI, you do not have "knowledge" of that> Remember, other patrons, bar staff & video from TOB provide answers. Also, it is MOO from my experience in the exact area that one would only need ask for help or wave to an officer or taxi driver. We’re talking college campus area. Not a desolate, remote, rural watering hole. (Don’t ask for link, this is MOO as a local that’s in the exact area at least weekly).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the exact time of leaving TOB is not in question, LE knows, IMO. <modsnip: Unless you are a VI, you do not have "knowledge" of that> Remember, other patrons, bar staff & video from TOB provide answers. Also, it is MOO from my experience in the exact area that one would only need ask for help or wave to an officer or taxi driver. We’re talking college campus area. Not a desolate, remote, rural watering hole. (Don’t ask for link, this is MOO as a local that’s in the exact area at least weekly).

I said, she may not have realized how far they were taking her, not that they forced her to go straight from the bar. Once in the car everything could have changed as for where they were supposedly going to party.
I have no idea if the Police know the exact time she got into the car with these men.

Adding
Also if authorities know when the group started traveling in the car or how far they had driven when Mom talked to Savannah.

Last edited by a moderator:
LE has never said foul play is likely. Have they?

Some WS folks have suggested the possibility of a drug over dose as from recreational drugs.
Also some have said it appears in the photo where SS is arm to arm with one of the men that she appears to be intoxicated but wanting to be with the man.

I have a different response to the arm to arm photo, specifically that it look like the man is physically supporting and leading a way out of it SS who has been roofied.

People go to bars often with the idea of hooking up. But there are also predators who roofie others and often get away with the act because of lack of recall, shame, etc. of the victim.

The idea of a heavily intoxicated young woman leaving a bar with three men and then traveling 40 miles away is a troubling bad situation as far as something happening. The video talk with SS's mother is confounding (as is her mother taking the initial occurrence so lightly). If I was SS's parent, I would have put and immediate stop to the situation and made plans to get SS ASAP as in stop what you are doing now and wait until arrangements can be made to pick you up or for the men to bring SS immediately home or to some authority (LE maybe) and not out for more party. But SS had a mind of her own too. I just know I would not sleep and would have been highly anxious until SS was home safe.

What if SS was roofied and later died from the roofie-alcohol combination? Maybe only one of the men, the man who roofied, ended up with SS and she passed away while with him. He then would have reason to dispose of her body because an autopsy would reveal the roofie in her system.

The best case I can see here is that SS was over whelmed by her life situation and ran to start a new situation and means and circumstance have nothing to do with what we have learned so far. But this is doubtful and SS is nearly 100% likely to be deceased. Authorities seem to think this is as well and are on a body (and evidence) recovery mission.

Her mom checked in on her and she seemed intoxicated, but happy and not in distress. Staying up all night worrying about your kids when they are legally adults would be exhausting. When your kids are at college or aren't living with you, you have to trust they are okay. Calling to check up on your kid when they have your car makes sense. Savannah's mom seemed like she trusted her. Waiting up all night wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503