Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But do we know where they were during the FaceTime call? Couldn’t they have still been on Limestone? We can’t really know she was already well on the way to GC and comfortable with that.

I've been wondering about that, too. I don't think I've seen anything that said where she was when that call was made, just that she was in a vehicle.

Just my opinion- if she was not comfortable riding with these guys, she could have asked a bartender to call for a ride for her.

I know that they say to ask a bartender for help, but I've never had a bartender offer and there were a few times in which I asked for help and was more or less laughed off for wasting their time. Theoretically that's supposed to be a fail-safe way of getting home. Reality can, unfortunately, be different.

And yeah, she may not have been uncomfortable until after she got in the car with them. :(

At least in my eyes the how intoxicated, what were her intentions, etc is mere background noise. The question that needs to be answered is what were the three men’s intentions. Just my opinion, and I don’t think these men are some genius criminals, but rather benefited from the amount of time btwn when SS was last seen and when they discovered who with. Lack of evidence makes it very convenient to say she left on foot and that’s all we know. No other lies are necessary at that point without LE having other evidence. End of rant!

Last edited:
And sadly, many times I was not. My bad!

I worked as a bar manager for a couple years. In those years, I can only remember twice having to find someone a ride home. Both times I had to basically threaten to call the cops to keep them from driving themselves. Both times were bc they were too inebriated to safely drive and I knew I could’ve faced serious consequences had they had an accident from bringing over served. I definitely checked on a few girls who were visibly uncomfortable in certain situations but it wasn’t something that I saw often. So far, from all accounts, every one has said that SS didn’t seem to be “out of it” or worried from what they could tell on the surveillance vid and FaceTime.

If you are a young, unmarried, person, who wants to do the bar scene, Danville is not the where they'd go (I don't count Applebee's as a bar). It's not what one would call a typical college town (very low-key). Although no road is good for driving while intoxicated, the new road has improved the travel between Richmond and Lancaster. If one lives in Richmond, and wants to pub crawl in their own backyard, instead of risking the 25 mile drive to Lex, there's definitely options in Richmond, just as good as, or better than, the bars on S. Limestone. j.s. Richmond still has a nightlife scene. Believe me, it's there. Bars, bands, etc... just hasn't been a nightlife scene on 1st street for quite awhile.

Lex may be attractive to some, but, imo, the main draw, of Lex bars vs Richmond bars, if you live in Richmond, or GC, is the ability to drink longer, or to meet up w/friends in the area. SS and her female friend, met a male friend who lives in Lex, who she and her female friend, then rode with their male friend, to the bar. SS didn't leave Richmond til 10 p.m., (bars closing soon in Richmond), so they probably didn't even get to S. Limestone, til, at the earliest, 11:00 p.m. (possible clothing change, makeup touch up, change cars, find a parking space, etc...). They hit that bar about the time things were gettin' hoppin'.

From The Other Bar, at S. Limestone, it would have been a relatively straight shot down I-75, to head home.(around 25 miles to her home, from The Other Bar). It's a relatively straight shot down 27 to GC, too. The difference in the landmarks between the routes, though, would stand out quite a bit. Even if intoxicated, things like the Fayette Mall, Brannon Crossing, RJ Corman's big train display, and such, would be fairly large signs that they were not headed toward I-75, nor Richmond, nor toward her vehicle. I've said all that to say, that I don't feel that she felt unsafe in any way, or, if so, about the time they hit the Fayette/Jessamine line, and she was on the phone w/her Mom, she'd not have hung up on her Mom, nor would they have allowed her to call her back. If they had ill intentions, that phone would never have had a chance to ping in GC.

Yes, I've said repeatedly that Richmond has a nightlife scene. If you were to go back over my posts, you'd see that I have even named good bars and clubs in Richmond. I've also stated that one does not need to go to Lexington to have a fun night out if they already live in Richmond. It's made me wonder why Savannah went to Lexington that night instead of staying in Richmond. For those of us who live in this county, going to Lex for a night out is usually reserved for special occasions because we have more than enough to keep us entertained here. What I HAVE said about Richmond's nightlife is that we no longer have the downtown Thursday night scene that was here 20-30 years ago. My family co-owns one of the most popular drinking and live music venues in Richmond. Over the last few years we've seen a decline in out of town visitors, despite the fact that business remains good and steady. On some nights you have trouble getting in through the door-yet our patrons are mostly EKU students and 30ish adults who live in Richmond or Berea (occasionally over from Irvine if they live close enough to the line). 20-25 years ago we saw an equal mix of locals and out-of-towners. We no longer see that and it's something that many small business owners have taken note of. In fact, it's one of the reasons why we keep trying to encourage downtown growth.

My original response to this was because someone said that they thought Savannah knew the men because Garrard County was only 30 miles away. IMO that distance does not mean that they'd met before. Even though it's just the next county over, that doesn't mean that the men spent a lot of time in Richmond or that they frequented the same bars as Savannah if they did venture over this way.

I worked as a bar manager for a couple years. In those years, I can only remember twice having to find someone a ride home. Both times I had to basically threaten to call the cops to keep them from driving themselves. Both times were bc they were too inebriated to safely drive and I knew I could’ve faced serious consequences had they had an accident from bringing over served. I definitely checked on a few girls who were visibly uncomfortable in certain situations but it wasn’t something that I saw often. So far, from all accounts, every one has said that SS didn’t seem to be “out of it” or worried from what they could tell on the surveillance vid and FaceTime.
You were a good tender. Many are not. Not blaming them. I blame myself.

Three males+one woman+one car+2:30AM=Bad News, it is what it is.....

She could have got in the car all smiles but everyone here knows that it's a situation that could turn bad quickly.....

We honestly have no idea what LE has on these "3" individuals. They could be highly suspicious of these individuals and following their every move. Maybe even hoping that one of them will return to the site of SS body. MOO There are many cases where this has been proven true and they sure has heck don't let the media know which then tips off the suspects. JMO

Last edited:
But do we know where they were during the FaceTime call? Couldn’t they have still been on Limestone? We can’t really know she was already well on the way to GC and comfortable with that.

Her mom awoke at 3:00 a.m. to a FT call. She said that she was in a vehicle and a male was driving. If it's anything like it normally is around there, folks are getting out of downtown. They'd only drive, maybe a block on S. Limestone, and then you'd either take a left on High to go to GC or take right on the next street up, Vine, and hit 75. It's said her phone pinged, about the time she talked to her Mom, about the FC/JC line. That was early on when LEOs were searching that area.

Jmo my guess is that she at least fairly intoxicated to allegedly argue with friend, hang up on mom (whose car she has) and choose to leave with these men rather than her own group. None of those seem like especially sober choices, imo. Not judging, I’ve had many a drunken night in my twenties, just stating what seems obvious to me. So if true, she may not have been a good judge of the intentions of these men or the truth in whatever they told her.

I can’t imagine these men are “off the hook” until/unless she is found, really, and the circumstances point to another. And if they are not guilty of anything more than thoughtlessness, I can’t see a way for them to clear their names. Jmo

Look, I can’t explain South Florida in the 70s. I had a great old high time. I shudder now. I am so lucky to be alive. I took so many horrible chances... this girl touches my soul. No I didn’t have children,
ButI could have.

Yes, I've said repeatedly that Richmond has a nightlife scene. If you were to go back over my posts, you'd see that I have even named good bars and clubs in Richmond. I've also stated that one does not need to go to Lexington to have a fun night out if they already live in Richmond. It's made me wonder why Savannah went to Lexington that night instead of staying in Richmond. For those of us who live in this county, going to Lex for a night out is usually reserved for special occasions because we have more than enough to keep us entertained here. What I HAVE said about Richmond's nightlife is that we no longer have the downtown Thursday night scene that was here 20-30 years ago. My family co-owns one of the most popular drinking and live music venues in Richmond. Over the last few years we've seen a decline in out of town visitors, despite the fact that business remains good and steady. On some nights you have trouble getting in through the door-yet our patrons are mostly EKU students and 30ish adults who live in Richmond or Berea (occasionally over from Irvine if they live close enough to the line). 20-25 years ago we saw an equal mix of locals and out-of-towners. We no longer see that and it's something that many small business owners have taken note of. In fact, it's one of the reasons why we keep trying to encourage downtown growth.

My original response to this was because someone said that they thought Savannah knew the men because Garrard County was only 30 miles away. IMO that distance does not mean that they'd met before. Even though it's just the next county over, that doesn't mean that the men spent a lot of time in Richmond or that they frequented the same bars as Savannah if they did venture over this way.

Living in Richmond also, I have always wondered why she headed to Lexington that night, especially, the downtown area, on a Thursday night.

I sure hope finding her is a lot closer behind the scenes, than what it seems like to us right now.

SS was not an out of towner, to Richmond, was my point. She had plenty to do in her own backyard, but the bars in Richmond close at around midnight. She didn't even leave the house til 10 p.m.... So she and her friend were not interested in Richmond, or they'd have stayed in Richmond. They were interested in going to Lex , where 11 p.m. is still considered early, and to meet their friend who lived in Lex. (as I said, the main two reasons folks go to Lex who are from out of town). The Other Bar has a very poor rep. and the others beside it not much better, but to each their own. The men were, from what I've understood, coming home from work and stopped to drink. I've read your posts but disagree with regards to Danville. They roll the streets up by 10 pm, and yes, you can buy alcohol in GC, and be served alcohol in a couple places, but you better do it early. So I can see why the three men would stop in Lex, and not have waited to swing through Danville, or drop in a bar in Lancaster (neither are happenin' places and by that time of night, NOTHING is open.).

Living in Richmond also, I have always wondered why she headed to Lexington that night, especially, the downtown area, on a Thursday night.

I sure hope finding her is a lot closer behind the scenes, than what it seems like to us right now.

I hope so, too. It's happened before so maybe it will happen with this case, too. I've said before that my child dead, but at least I know where he is. I couldn't imagine being Savannah's parents with that constant not knowing hanging over my head. That's awful.

I hope so, too. It's happened before so maybe it will happen with this case, too. I've said before that my child dead, but at least I know where he is. I couldn't imagine being Savannah's parents with that constant not knowing hanging over my head. That's awful.

Very sorry for your loss....A parent should not have to bury their child, but not knowing if their child is alive or dead, and not knowing where he/she is makes an unbearable pain even more unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo