Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of a case where there were twins and the ultrasound failed to detect it. Unless a baby has four arms and legs, I don't see how it could be possible. Imo

I have my doubts about this. She had two kids already she wasn't new to seeing an Obgyn or going through the check ups. I don't see a practical reason for her to miss appointments when you know you are going to deliver in a hospital. Could she have decided to go an alternative route with a dualla (sp?) or midwife and a home birth? Is it possible she had an ultrasound done so early that they couldn't tell that their were twins. Usually, once you've been pregnant you notice early the next time. And for some reason didn't get a second ultrasound. That sounds like a stretch I don't think the quote was right.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

There’s an article back in the threads where someone talks about her mom needing the car that Friday for an appointment she had. They say something about how SS knew her mom would need the car to get there and she wouldn’t ever intentionally make her mom miss it. I’ll dig through some of the stuff online and try to find it. It was either her friend or aunt that mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1st WS post ! I've been reading here forever.

- My heart aches for those babies and for Savannahs family. I'm trying to think positive but its been too long, imo.
A few questions if any one knows. When it's reported her phone was turned off at 8:30 a.m. Do they mean literally by hand turned off? or shut off / battery died?
Also, LE would have checked the phone pings of the 3 men that left with Savannah , right?
I just wonder if she even made it to the house.
Hi & welcome!

It’s been stated by MSM that SS phone was “turned off around 8:30a.m.” & it has also been stated by MSM that SS phone “was no longer on by 8:30 a.m.”. I noticed most local news sources said that LE told them the phone was turned off, but there isn’t a direct quote from LE saying this.

I think that could easily play either way & as mentioned already, the phone would be needed to know whether it died or was turned off.

In general, an iPhone (which is what kind of phone SS had) will NOT ring at all before going to voicemail, regardless of it was turned off or if the battery died. The same with being out of service. The only way it would start to ring at first before going to voicemail is if it was still on & someone declined the call, but this was never reported & is just an example I’m giving.

IMO, finding the phone is the only way of knowing anything further about this.

Another example I’ll give is an app I personally have on my phone to block some spam calls. You can set it up where it appears that your phone isn’t on, is out of service, etc. You can send possible spam calls to hear this message or to voicemail. You can send all calls to this or just certain numbers.

My point being that it’s really impossible to know. Many factors could come into play, although some are obviously more likely than others.

ETA: Sorry so long! I was talking to my 6 year old while typing this & starting rambling!

I have my doubts about this. She had two kids already she wasn't new to seeing an Obgyn or going through the check ups. I don't see a practical reason for her to miss appointments when you know you are going to deliver in a hospital. Could she have decided to go an alternative route with a dualla (sp?) or midwife and a home birth? Is it possible she had an ultrasound done so early that they couldn't tell that their were twins. Usually, once you've been pregnant you notice early the next time. And for some reason didn't get a second ultrasound. That sounds like a stretch I don't think the quote was right.

I’m with you on this. It doesn’t seem practical and it makes me question the validity. It’s defnitely possible that a doula is midwife could’ve been involved. If she has passport or Medicaid, it wouldn’t be covered though and it’s EXPENSIVE. I know with passport, you usually get a the first ultrasound at your first visit and then another one around 20ish wks to confirm the gender.

I’m with you on this. It doesn’t seem practical and it makes me question the validity. It’s defnitely possible that a doula is midwife could’ve been involved. If she has passport or Medicaid, it wouldn’t be covered though and it’s EXPENSIVE. I know with passport, you usually get a the first ultrasound at your first visit and then another one around 20ish wks to confirm the gender.
Sorry... O/T... what is passport?!

There’s an article back in the threads where someone talks about her mom needing the car that Friday for an appointment she had. They say something about how SS knew her mom would need the car to get there and she wouldn’t ever intentionally make her mom miss it. I’ll dig through some of the stuff online and try to find it. It was either her friend or aunt that mentioned it.
<modsnip> I know several posters speculated mom needed the car for work but I don't recall any other reports. Not important. However, I have been paying attention to see if any workplace, church or any other organization SS or her mom belonged to might be giving support to the family by searching or raising reward money. Nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never heard of a case where there were twins and the ultrasound failed to detect it. Unless a baby has four arms and legs, I don't see how it could be possible. Imo
It is rarely possible with today's technology, but I could see it as a possibility if she hadn't had a more recent U/S than the first one done usually around 7-8 weeks.

What if she had missed a more recent U/S appointment? IDK that she did or didn't, but could that have been the reason for the alleged argument in the hospital after the births?

We really don't have much MSM info into the daily life of SS leading up to the night she went missing. Regardless, it's sad and heartbreaking for her, her family and her little boys. :(

I agree, there's been at least one reference to her Mom needing the car from earlier thread(s). I don't follow SM on WS cases, so I know I didn't dream it up!

Last edited:
My 1st WS post ! I've been reading here forever.

- My heart aches for those babies and for Savannahs family. I'm trying to think positive but its been too long, imo.
A few questions if any one knows. When it's reported her phone was turned off at 8:30 a.m. Do they mean literally by hand turned off? or shut off / battery died?
Also, LE would have checked the phone pings of the 3 men that left with Savannah , right?
I just wonder if she even made it to the house.

By your username alone, you are now my new favorite poster! ( *ahem* #TeamTroy )

I also wonder if they even made it to the house. I do think the men's pings were checked, though.

I hate that the search was called off today. I don't have any information on that, except to say that the official search groups, like Eqqusearch and the Cajuns, are generally at the inclusion and permission of LE. I can also say that my husband will be searching in far Eastern Kentucky over the next few days and has NOT been called to Garrard County. So there's that.

Thanks for sharing this, I found it very interesting. You said you searched in a specific area because of cell phone pings. Can you tell me if those pings were from Savannah's phone or the men's phone? Do you have a feeling as to which phone or phones it would have been from if they didn't tell you?

This wasn't clarified to the volunteer searchers. IMO it was for Savannah's phone, though.

I have a hard time believing she died in the bar and someone was able to dispose of/hide her body and not be found out by bar staff

Same here. I just think the police would be all over the guy at the Gerrard property. They would have immense pressure on him if they believe he was involved in foul play. I bet they have some rock solid alibi maybe from his own family at that same property. So they really think she was there and left there on foot. I am running out of ideas beyond someone picking her up at that location.

I think that some “victim-bashing” arises as a reaction to attempted “victim-canonization.” There’s been talk of a young mother, who hasn’t had a drink in nine months, taking a break from the endless round of dirty diapers and crying infants.

I believe that the previous sentence has no relation to reality, (except for the phrase ‘young mother’, of course), but I’ve seen the concepts in it being presented recently, in this thread.

So, as I see things, we shouldn’t be victim bashing, but we should approach her with some degree of realism.

I think that some “victim-bashing” arises as a reaction to attempted “victim-canonization.” There’s been talk of a young mother, who hasn’t had a drink in nine months, taking a break from the endless round of dirty diapers and crying infants.

I believe that the previous sentence has no relation to reality, (except for the phrase ‘young mother’, of course), but I’ve seen the concepts in it being presented recently, in this thread.

So, as I see things, we shouldn’t be victim bashing, but we should approach her with some degree of realism.
You mean like an early 20’s young mother who had a lot to learn and was not by any means perfect. Likely wanted to party like other 20yr olds her age but instead made some bad decisions, had three pregnancies. But still deserved to live life and have a chance to grow up and correct those mistakes especially if foul play ends up being the cause for her death. If so I absolutely agree moo

You mean like an early 20’s young mother who had a lot to learn and was not by any means perfect. Likely wanted to party like other 20yr olds her age but instead made some bad decisions, had three pregnancies. But still deserved to live life and have a chance to grow up and correct those mistakes especially if foul play ends up being the cause for her death. If so I absolutely agree moo

I absolutely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member