Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind of skeptic of that article. I would think this day and age that twins would be detected very early. It looks like the hormone ( can not think what it is called ) in the urine would be very high with twins. Every prenatal appt. I have been to that was checked every time up to delivery. Not to mention the way technology has grown and missing a twin would be a rare thing now a days. JMO

I am kind of skeptic of that article. I would think this day and age that twins would be detected very early. It looks like the hormone ( can not think what it is called ) in the urine would be very high with twins. Every prenatal appt. I have been to that was checked every time up to delivery. Not to mention the way technology has grown and missing a twin would be a rare thing now a days. JMO
I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of HCG. And yes, it’s always checked, even when I had to go in every single week throughout my entire pregnancy (high risk). Many times just having twins will automatically put someone in the “high risk” category, especially considering other factors such as recently giving birth to 2 other children back to back. When this case first went public, the older 2 boys were just 2 & 3 (recently turned 4). Even if not high risk, as everyone has said, there are way too many advancements in medicine to not detect a 2nd baby, IF the person was getting proper prenatal care.

Then, there’s always another way of seeing things. Has anyone seen the TLC show “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant”? I honestly didn’t think it was possible until seeing a couple episodes. Now, I’m leaning toward believing.

Last edited:
I'd def have worn something like this 10 years ago. LOL

Poor SS, she was such a young mother, and then again, and then again with twins. She had so much on her plate and without a strong support system from the baby daddies, and financially I'm sure she struggled. Just trying to juggle being young and being a Mom, which by all accounts we've seen, she loved was really good at would have been stressful.

Just so sad. Please, please let them find her soon!
I have a good 10+ years on Savannah, so maybe I shouldn’t still be dressing this way lol. After some of the comments here, I’ve honestly been hesitant to wear some things that I normally wouldn’t have thought twice about. This is probably a good thing though.

Anyway, as mentioned, we haven’t heard from mtnlites. I’m also hoping this means the search is still on today. Really hoping they find her!

It was in that daily mail article from earlier. I went back and read it just now and they quoted her friend saying it. Here’s a picture of the quote, it’s in the last paragraph. I think she would automatically qualify for passport or Medicaid since she was pregnant. She would’ve had to have gotten a form filled out by the doctor and then taken it to the case worker. The insurance for pregnant women that the state provides covers basically every thing. I don’t know if she just didnt go to any Drs appointments at all or what it means. When I was pregnant, I had an ultrasound at my very first visit and I was only 7 wks along. Maybe it’s one of the bad decisions her dad was talking about?
Wow! Just wow! What a mess!

Then, there’s always another way of seeing things. Has anyone seen the TLC show “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant”. I honestly didn’t think it was possible until seeing a couple episodes. Now, I’m leaning toward believing.
Well, sometimes even health care professionals can miss a pregnancy. I work at an emergency department, and recently the x-ray department sent a patient to us when the x-ray picture showed that the patient was at least four months pregnant! The patient had been having stomach pains, believed to be perhaps gall or kidney stones, and had been to the doctors several times. One of the first things to do when having a female patient in fertile age who has stomach ache is to take a pregnancy test, which in this case either haven't been done or had been a false negative. What I can't understand is how a doctor could have missed an enlarged uterus when doing a belly exam when the patient were three months or more on the way. Not a patient to send to do a stomach x-ray.

This young girl's life was out of control. She needed a mentor to help her get on right track in life.

Didn't the friend that she was out with that night get a bad vibe from one or both of these guys? Isn't that the reason that she wanted to leave and then ultimately left when Savannah refused to leave with her?

If so, it seems that Savannah was desperate to feel special and was desperate for male attention, which apparently clouded her choices that evening.

She is dead somewhere. I just hope that they find her remains. I do believe that these two men, who were seen last with her, are responsible for her demise.

JMO.

I do think the article may have cherry picked some stuff going around on SM bc that was one that I definitely read a few different times. Would it be common for an ultrasound to miss twins early in a pregnancy?

Unless she didn't go for prenatal care. After 20 weeks in this day and age, it's rare that twins are not spotted. For her to think that she was having one girl, but to have instead, two boys, I think, she was not going for regular prenatal care.

The doc could have missed the twin in an initial visit, and it's possible, that the way the one baby was positioned, it may have appeared to be a girl, and for whatever reason, SS didn't follow through with prenatal care, afterwards.

If she were on medicaid, they only allow for two ultrasounds during your pregnancy, unless there is justification for more (twins would likely be a justification for more, I'd think). If they missed the twins during a first ultrasound, and she didn't go back for anymore visits, then that would explain her shock at having two babies.

As for having a girl, she may have even determined on her own that she was having a girl. The ole granny lore, is still popular, that claims you can tell the sex of the child, by the way you are carrying your pregnancy. If you carry high, it's a girl, if you carry low, it's a boy. She may have carried high, and just went with that.

She may not have suspected she was pregnant til late in the game, if she were on certain types of bc. Some, such as the implant, will even stop the monthly cycle, and can cause weight gain, so, if using some such type of bc, she may have attributed it to her bc choice. There are also certain medications that will decrease the effectiveness of bc. Not all health care providers share that info until after you show up at their office, pregnant.

Wow! Just wow! What a mess!

There were a couple things in there from the friend that her family and friends hadn’t spoke about in articles before. Anything else that starts with, “daily mail has learned” is something that they probably found on their own and can’t get anyone to verify. There are also a couple things that aren’t true that I found while I was reading it.

I don't have much to report back, I'm afraid. Not only are there disclosures about specifics, but the cold just got too much for me and I had to go hang out at a friend's house in Paint Lick. Still...

When the search started this morning, it was super cold. Also a difficult drive to Lancaster because the roads were icy and some hadn't been cleared off yet. There weren't many there when the search first started. I've seen searchers with a lot more people. I was disappointed at first, but it got better. A lot more people started trickling in. For some, this was the first time they'd participated in a search. ATVs weren't allowed because of the ground and safety hazards. People signed disclosures and instructions were given out. It started at the church, but some left and were sent to a different area. I don't know where that was since those instructions were given privately. Cell phone pings were talked about and we were told that's one of the reasons why we were starting where we were. It wasn't a random starting point, though the church did give a good central meeting point (and place to park). We could leave nothing behind. If you smoked, you needed to hold onto your butts and not throw them down. Don't spit out any chewing gum. Don't litter at ALL. It was VERY difficult walking over the ground at first. There wasn't a lot of snow, maybe just an inch or so, but the ground was slick. Even in snow boots I was sliding all over the place. The walking was extremely slow going. We had to kind of stay together. If anyone found anything, they had to signal one of the admin over. We were told that nothing should be considered insignificant. Things to look for included clothing, jewelry, accessories and, as one person put it, "human biological matter." (Male or female for all.) While it wasn't right out said, this was conveyed as a recovery search.

I lasted for an hour. It started warming up but I couldn't stay out any longer. I have Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and sometimes the cold just seeps right inside. My husband stayed, though. He said that as the morning wore on and the ground softened and temperature rose, more people showed up. Some had trouble getting out of their driveways this morning so that delayed quite a few. (We did as well. The roads around my house weren't cleared until you got into town.) When he left there were still people looking. That was at about 2:30. They will most likely stay until dark. He would've stayed, too, but he's been out on one search or another almost every day for the past 2 weeks. Only 3 days off. He's starting to get sick.

Seems like people did have a few discoveries here and there, but nothing that had anyone getting really excited. :-( That doesn't mean that nothing of significance was found, though. I don't know about the ones who were on a different grid. Once they left, I didn't see them again.

Oh,and for those who asked...yes, the shoulder of the road was checked. Ravines, culverts, etc.

I have heard that other, smaller and private, search groups have been out as well. Those weren't affiliated with the state or Texas Equusearch so I can't comment on those. I don't know anything about them.

There was talk about trying to organize another one tomorrow since the weather got people off to a rough start today. There was confusion over whether they were still having it today. Maybe some didn't come because they thought it was going to be called off. (I thought it might be, myself, since there was a pretty good layer of snow on the ground around 4am.) They may have another one to try to get the ATVs out.

Sorry I don't have anything else to report. :-( I know this doesn't answer many questions. It might help give you an idea of what the day was like, though. Those who were there were passionate about what they were doing. Everyone appeared to be taking it very seriously.

IMO, more local businesses and civic groups should get involved with this. Volunteers of all kinds are needed in this kind of situation, MOO. Not just people literally walking the ground. Those providing snacks, drinks, hand warmers,etc. In some ways, they're just as important. Oh, yes, and bathrooms were provided. The church did a GREAT job.

I don't have much to report back, I'm afraid. Not only are there disclosures about specifics, but the cold just got too much for me and I had to go hang out at a friend's house in Paint Lick. Still...

When the search started this morning, it was super cold. Also a difficult drive to Lancaster because the roads were icy and some hadn't been cleared off yet. There weren't many there when the search first started. I've seen searchers with a lot more people. I was disappointed at first, but it got better. A lot more people started trickling in. For some, this was the first time they'd participated in a search. ATVs weren't allowed because of the ground and safety hazards. People signed disclosures and instructions were given out. It started at the church, but some left and were sent to a different area. I don't know where that was since those instructions were given privately. Cell phone pings were talked about and we were told that's one of the reasons why we were starting where we were. It wasn't a random starting point, though the church did give a good central meeting point (and place to park). We could leave nothing behind. If you smoked, you needed to hold onto your butts and not throw them down. Don't spit out any chewing gum. Don't litter at ALL. It was VERY difficult walking over the ground at first. There wasn't a lot of snow, maybe just an inch or so, but the ground was slick. Even in snow boots I was sliding all over the place. The walking was extremely slow going. We had to kind of stay together. If anyone found anything, they had to signal one of the admin over. We were told that nothing should be considered insignificant. Things to look for included clothing, jewelry, accessories and, as one person put it, "human biological matter." (Male or female for all.) While it wasn't right out said, this was conveyed as a recovery search.

I lasted for an hour. It started warming up but I couldn't stay out any longer. I have Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and sometimes the cold just seeps right inside. My husband stayed, though. He said that as the morning wore on and the ground softened and temperature rose, more people showed up. Some had trouble getting out of their driveways this morning so that delayed quite a few. (We did as well. The roads around my house weren't cleared until you got into town.) When he left there were still people looking. That was at about 2:30. They will most likely stay until dark. He would've stayed, too, but he's been out on one search or another almost every day for the past 2 weeks. Only 3 days off. He's starting to get sick.

Seems like people did have a few discoveries here and there, but nothing that had anyone getting really excited. :-( That doesn't mean that nothing of significance was found, though. I don't know about the ones who were on a different grid. Once they left, I didn't see them again.

Oh,and for those who asked...yes, the shoulder of the road was checked. Ravines, culverts, etc.

I have heard that other, smaller and private, search groups have been out as well. Those weren't affiliated with the state or Texas Equusearch so I can't comment on those. I don't know anything about them.

There was talk about trying to organize another one tomorrow since the weather got people off to a rough start today. There was confusion over whether they were still having it today. Maybe some didn't come because they thought it was going to be called off. (I thought it might be, myself, since there was a pretty good layer of snow on the ground around 4am.) They may have another one to try to get the ATVs out.

Sorry I don't have anything else to report. :-( I know this doesn't answer many questions. It might help give you an idea of what the day was like, though. Those who were there were passionate about what they were doing. Everyone appeared to be taking it very seriously.

IMO, more local businesses and civic groups should get involved with this. Volunteers of all kinds are needed in this kind of situation, MOO. Not just people literally walking the ground. Those providing snacks, drinks, hand warmers,etc. In some ways, they're just as important. Oh, yes, and bathrooms were provided. The church did a GREAT job.
Thanks for the update @mtnlites !

Thanks for the update @mtnlites !

I wish I had more to say. If something critical had been found, though, they wouldn't have announced it.

I DID see people questioning whether or not some would be turned away from the search. That does happen sometimes. Everyone had to sign up and show ID. If LE has someone on their radar for ANY reason in regards to a case (not that they think they're actually involved in the crime, just maybe someone they think might not follow the rules or impede the search) I have seen them turned away. Just a hypothetical, of course. For the most part, in a public search most everyone is welcome.

@mtnlites I admire you for participating in this search despite your illness and the bad weather conditions. Thank you for the detailed report.

Thanks. It was actually good being offline and watching people do things in person. Everyone who was there seemed to truly care about Savannah being found. Sometimes the online stuff can get a little nasty, but today there was just a feeling of motivation and compassion. Good stuff.

Sadly, I agree. She was also the age where some mental illnesses become apparent. I do wonder if she called the ex boyfriend for a ride that night. I would like confirmation that she had EPOs against both exes as well. A truly tragic situation ugh

One question I have...would they give custody of the children to the dad if there was an EPO out on him?

Thank you!

It was in that daily mail article from earlier. I went back and read it just now and they quoted her friend saying it. Here’s a picture of the quote, it’s in the last paragraph. I think she would automatically qualify for passport or Medicaid since she was pregnant. She would’ve had to have gotten a form filled out by the doctor and then taken it to the case worker. The insurance for pregnant women that the state provides covers basically every thing. I don’t know if she just didnt go to any Drs appointments at all or what it means. When I was pregnant, I had an ultrasound at my very first visit and I was only 7 wks along. Maybe it’s one of the bad decisions her dad was talking about?

If she qualified for medicaid there would be no reason to not have an ultrasound. I don't always trust information from a friend who heard it from a friend. Is it possible they meant she was shocked and freaked out after an ultrasound that revealed twins? I had an ultrasound at 7 or 8 weeks. I had another one at about 20 weeks along. I don't know if a baby can hide from an ultrasound? It seemed like her family cared about her and were aware she was pregnant. She had the baby at a hospital if you are hiding something you would probably try a home birth. Unless she saw her doctor but never got an ultrasound. My obgyn didn't do ultrasounds in there office you usually had to go to a hospital. That just sounds weird.

If she qualified for medicaid there would be no reason to not have an ultrasound. I don't always trust information from a friend who heard it from a friend. Is it possible they meant she was shocked and freaked out after an ultrasound that revealed twins? I had an ultrasound at 7 or 8 weeks. I had another one at about 20 weeks along. I don't know if a baby can hide from an ultrasound? It seemed like her family cared about her and were aware she was pregnant. She had the baby at a hospital if you are hiding something you would probably try a home birth. Unless she saw her doctor but never got an ultrasound. My obgyn didn't do ultrasounds in there office you usually had to go to a hospital. That just sounds weird.

There are 4 OBGYNs in Richmond and all of them offer in-office ultrasounds. She wouldn't have had to go to Patty A Clay for one. It's possible that she missed appointments. Right now I am just taking that interview with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79