Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s probably relatively safe to say at this point that his family had suspicions but did not act on those suspicions. As more evidence rolls out I truly hope it’s not a situation where they turned a blind eye or assisted him in any way.

I think for sure there was a cover up with both of his siblings. I doubt he directly involved his parents, although I don't think she went from 0 to 10 on the smell factor on one day so they are probably complicit too. At least the father eventually did the right thing - maybe just because somebody else was going to though.

Last edited:
I think it’s probably relatively safe to say at this point that his family had suspicions but did not act on those suspicions. As more evidence rolls out I truly hope it’s not a situation where they turned a blind eye or assisted him in any way.
I would say the family likely had a lot more than suspicions. Everybody who has followed this case has suspected him since day one. The family lived with this guy every day and they would have been very aware in the changes in his demeanour that would have obviously taken place. I have never met a person that has done something wrong that has given me an even semi believable account of what happened, you can just feel the desperation in their voice.

I think for sure there was a cover up with both of his siblings. I doubt he directly involved his parents, although I don't think she went from 0 to 10 on the smell factor on one day so they are probably complicit too. At least the father eventually did the right thing - maybe just because somebody else was going to though.
No evidence of that. The sister told the cops about the rug before he was arrested. The dad called the cops when he smelled the odour. Did he do it immediately? Maybe, maybe not, but that was obviously a difficult call to make, so who can blame him?

the rug savannah was buried in was the original one from ds house . he text his sister the very next day to find out where to find a new rug . and he was caught on a Walmart camera buying an exact duplicate of the original rug after texting his sister where to find one . my guess is the sister gave him the original rug and ds text her to see where she got it , so he could buy the exact same rug she gave him

Savannah Spurlock's Naked Body Was Found In 19-Inch Grave, Her Body Folded In Half, Her Hands And Feet Bound By Tape
You need to reread my post. I was saying someone isn't going to go purchase a new rug to bury a body. That was in response to a post that suggest that the rug seen on the 10th could have been the new rug. Obviously the rug seen on the 10 would be the new rug, no one would buy a rug exactly like the one they have in their bedroom just to bury a body in. Sorry for the confusion.

Been asking all the ladies I come in contact with the last few days or so if their brother asked about replacing a rug shortly after he was last seen with a misssing girl at his home if that would raise any red flags and literally everyone is like YES. I mean, come on.

JMO

I think that that’s not a fair test, because you are juxtaposing the two pieces of information in a way that makes it clear that they’re connected. So of course the ladies you talk to don’t want to say that they’re stupid/unobservant/etc.

But, if like most normal people, his sister has never given a thought to the logistics of cleaning up a crime scene, she might just tell him where she bought the rug and think nothing of it. Then, some days later, when she hears about the missing girl—well, a missing girl has nothing to do with his buying a rug. (In her mind.) At least, at first.

MOO

According to the following article Savannah was not wrapped up or buried in the rug, the rug was found behind her back. That make me think the rug was disposed of for some other reason then using it to burying her. I also read she was found in multiple trash bags. That could mean he dismembered her body or that he simply placed one bag over her head and one bag over her feet. Probably won't know that information until trial.

Spurlock's feet were bound with tape, her body was folded over and a rug was behind her back, the detective testified Monday, according to WTVQ, adding that the rug came from Sparks' bedroom. Blood in a closet in Sparks' house matched Spurlock's DNA, the detective said, per WTVQ.

Gruesome new details revealed in death of Kentucky mom

I've updated through thread 1 - starting thread 2 - noticed early on that one of the articles said her phone and purse was found in a vehicle?? I missed that detail early on.

Missing Kentucky mom's ex-boyfriend, mother shed light on disappearance

I think that’s ‘purse and wallet.’ She must have had her phone later, because of the FaceTime call to her mother, after she left the bar. And likewise, she has some sort of a purse with her in the photo that shows her leaving the bar, doesn’t she? So, the speculation was that she had a large purse that she left in her mother’s car, and then a small one she took with her.

You need to reread my post. I was saying someone isn't going to go purchase a new rug to bury a body. That was in response to a post that suggest that the rug seen on the 10th could have been the new rug. Obviously the rug seen on the 10 would be the new rug, no one would buy a rug exactly like the one they have in their bedroom just to bury a body in. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh ok lol yep i misunderstood your post

According to the following article Savannah was not wrapped up or buried in the rug, the rug was found behind her back. That make me think the rug was disposed of for some other reason then using it to burying her. I also read she was found in multiple trash bags. That could mean he dismembered her body or that he simply placed one bag over her head and one bag over her feet. Probably won't know that information until trial.

Spurlock's feet were bound with tape, her body was folded over and a rug was behind her back, the detective testified Monday, according to WTVQ, adding that the rug came from Sparks' bedroom. Blood in a closet in Sparks' house matched Spurlock's DNA, the detective said, per WTVQ.

Gruesome new details revealed in death of Kentucky mom
He may have used the rug to drag her body or carry it from the house. If he had hardwood floors it would make it easier to pull or drag her body across the floor or down a hallway.
Also, the rug may have had blood or other evidence on it so he buried it with her body. Imo

I am a woman and the last thing I would think is that my brother killed the woman. Honestly, given what I know of my siblings, I would not initially disbelieve what he told the police. As I have said though, it depends on what her experience of her brother was in terms of what she thought he would be capable off. Guess I am just very loyal... (or I have very law abiding siblings! LOL)

I'm with you. If a brother of mine, said, the other guys took off, and left her there, she called someone to come get her and that's the last I saw of her, I'd believe him. Especially being there's no violent history.

Whether or not she was wrapped in the rug isn’t super significant to me, yet, but I am thinking it could have been used to cary her to where she was buried and then buried along with her because it had a good amount of evidence on it.

Also, I wouldn’t find it too odd if one of my brothers asked me about a rug, BUT if it were the day after a missing person was last seen at their house... definitely suspicious! I have very law abiding brothers, but it would be suspicious no matter what. I couldn’t see them ever doing anything like this for any reason, but no way would I just shrug that off.
MOO

ETA I would not think that a rug being tossed meant a murder, but I would just think something was up and I wouldn’t let that go.

I'm with you. If a brother of mine, said, the other guys took off, and left her there, she called someone to come get her and that's the last I saw of her, I'd believe him. Especially being there's no violent history.
I read some of the very disparaging posts his brother made about SS. It seems to me that he was protesting way too loudly.

As for the sister and the rug: If my brother asked me where I bought the rug, I myself would assume that one of his friends might be asking about it because s/he liked it.

I didn't realize that the sister told the police about the rug. I just assumed that they saw text messages when they read his text messages (after obtaining a subpoena)? Is it stated some place that the sister actually is the one who informed LE? (Please forgive me if this has been posted beforehand.)

I've updated through thread 1 - starting thread 2 - noticed early on that one of the articles said her phone and purse was found in a vehicle?? I missed that detail early on.

Missing Kentucky mom's ex-boyfriend, mother shed light on disappearance

ETA: later MSM indicated the phone was not found with the purse.

It’s in some of the earlier articles, but they think she probably had a bigger purse that she left behind in the car. The crossbody purse in the video, wasn’t the one found. She brought a smaller purse with her when they went to the bar.

I read some of the very disparaging posts his brother made about SS. It seems to me that he was protesting way too loudly.

As for the sister and the rug: If my brother asked me where I bought the rug, I myself would assume that one of his friends might be asking about it because s/he liked it.

I didn't realize that the sister told the police about the rug. I just assumed that they saw text messages when they read his text messages (after obtaining a subpoena)? Is it stated some place that the sister actually is the one who informed LE? (Please forgive me if this has been posted beforehand.)
I was not aware that the sister told LE about the rug either.
I assumed they saw the text messages first and then questioned her about it.
Either way, even if she was suspicious about it and told LE, it would not be enough evidence to arrest him. I would think they would have needed the actual rug to connect the murder to him, which they now have. Imo

As distasteful, and horrible, as those posts were, I don't think we can discuss them as he isn't a POI, or suspect, at this time.

I've only seen, in MSM, that he texted his sister on Jan. 4th, about the rug. His truck was not identified, by a Garrard County LEO, and him questioned by Madison County LE, til the 8th, iirc. He claimed to be on his way to Madison to talk to LE, at that time. It's possible that's when his family found out that he was involved. Her disappearance didn't really hit the airwaves til then. I'd feel very concerned, just that she'd been there with him and two other men, and was now missing, but, if it were one of my brothers, having never had a violent history, I'd probably believe him if he said that she left that morning with someone else. She left the bar that night with total strangers. It wouldn't be a far stretch for me to believe she just got up the next morning and caught a ride back, and disappeared after. Especially since they found nothing at either home during the initial search of his home, nor his parents. Just giving the family the sister and parents the benefit of the doubt for now. Ranting bro... jury is still out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee