Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am thinking the sister is the one who gave him the original rug and if she came over to visit , would wonder why it was gone ? but she had to be wondering why he told her he wanted another one just like it ?? either way she would have known something was fishy

You would definately have thought she might wonder. Then again, I don't think I would expect that if my sibling asked me the same question I would automatically go to suspecting they had used it to dispose of a body. I suppose it depends on how out of character violent crime against women was for him. In the context of knowing that a young woman who visited his home overnight then went missing, I mean. Or, it could simply be denial on the family's part.

Someone that is burying a body in hopes of not being caught with the body, is not going to contact their sister to find out where a rug in the house was purchased to then go out and buy the exact same rug to bury the body in.
but that's exactly what he did .

"During Monday’s testimony, Chavies said Sparks had texted his sister on Jan. 4 to ask her where she bought a rug because he wanted to buy another one. "

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html#storylink=cpy

Someone that is burying a body in hopes of not being caught with the body, is not going to contact their sister to find out where a rug in the house was purchased to then go out and buy the exact same rug to bury the body in.

Or could it be that he used the original rug to bury her in, and he wanted to buy an exact rug to replace the original in his house, so it wouldn't appear he had any missing furniture/rugs, MOO.

If I were the sister, and he called me about the rug, my natural response would be, “Why, what’s wrong with the rug?” It’d have to be something pretty bad for a person (ok, a younger man) to even care about replacing a rug.

I haven't followed the case that close so maybe someone can answer a question about the rug. Did the sister contact LE about her brother texting about purchasing a new rug?

Well, his sister knew he was one of the three men seen leaving with her that night, his picture was published early on - so she knew the very same time Savannah went missing - her brother asks about a rug in his house.
Her hinky meter should have been on full alert!

I apologize if its already been Has it discussed, but does anyone recall if Sparks was currently employed at the time of his arrest following the discovery of SS's body at his parents? Was he employeed at the time SS went missing? If so what did he/what does he do for work? T.I.A.

I think the three men worked together, but, I'm pretty sure that at the time they all left The Other Bar, he had been working nights at a factory, and they stopped for a few drinks. No link, just mo.

Or could it be that he used the original rug to bury her in, and he wanted to buy an exact rug to replace the original in his house, so it wouldn't appear he had any missing furniture/rugs, MOO.
Yes I would bet my life on the fact that the rug that was found with Savannah's body was the original rug. I was just responding the Jens post about the rug seen in the house of the 10th could have been the new rug.

So you're saying he buried her in the new rug?
the rug savannah was buried in was the original one from ds house . he text his sister the very next day to find out where to find a new rug . and he was caught on a Walmart camera buying an exact duplicate of the original rug after texting his sister where to find one . my guess is the sister gave him the original rug and ds text her to see where she got it , so he could buy the exact same rug she gave him

Savannah Spurlock's Naked Body Was Found In 19-Inch Grave, Her Body Folded In Half, Her Hands And Feet Bound By Tape

Last edited:
If I were the sister, and he called me about the rug, my natural response would be, “Why, what’s wrong with the rug?” It’d have to be something pretty bad for a person (ok, a younger man) to even care about replacing a rug.

Well, even if it were me, at that age, I'd not normally have sweated a rug getting trashed. I'd tossed it, and bought another when I had a chance. Why not just lie, like he had been? Sis: What happened to the rug I got you? Response: I had a party and somebody puked all over it so I just tossed it out.

Been asking all the ladies I come in contact with the last few days or so if their brother asked about replacing a rug shortly after he was last seen with a misssing girl at his home if that would raise any red flags and literally everyone is like YES. I mean, come on.

JMO

Unless he said he wants another to match for a different room .
Been asking all the ladies I come in contact with the last few days or so if their brother asked about replacing a rug shortly after he was last seen with a misssing girl at his home if that would raise any red flags and literally everyone is like YES. I mean, come on.

JMO
I agree !

JMO

I am a woman and the last thing I would think is that my brother killed the woman. Honestly, given what I know of my siblings, I would not initially disbelieve what he told the police. As I have said though, it depends on what her experience of her brother was in terms of what she thought he would be capable off. Guess I am just very loyal... (or I have very law abiding siblings! LOL)

well not to be graphic but I was a mess and after a few weeks you learn to deal with it but, Im wondering if he tried to rape her and didn't realize what was going on down there , I remember I would take my clothes off right at the tub and still had blood all over the place , I know it depends on the person but that could account for the Rug easily ....my question also is why naked ...or he could have raped her and THEN she started bleeding or even died at that point , I'm sure he did the worst, not trying to justify, just thinking of things he might try to say.
There are always people out there that try and rationalize the actions of others simply because they do not want to believe that such evil actually exists. These are the people that try and come up with some kind of innocent explanation for what took place. If Savannah had started bleeding as a result of sex, why wouldn't he have simply called 911? What he did after the fact was devious and do not reflect the actions of an innocent person who found themselves in a difficult situation.

There is a case in the courts near me right now involving a man (my gas station attendant) who was found to have the head of a missing girl in his freezer. Several months earlier her torso was found floating in the lake. But when he was his arrested his (few) friends rallied behind him saying that the girl had likely OD'd in his apartment and that he had no option but to dispose of her. Ya, right. After a few months LE announced that they found the DNA of a second missing girl in his residence. Bottom line is there are monsters out there and some people just don't want to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee