Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacqueline Nie‏ @JacquelineLEX18
BREAKING: The human remains found on the property of Fall Lick Road have been identified as missing 23-year-Old Savannah Spurlock @LEX18News

1:03 PM - 11 Jul 2019 pst

Investigators say they’re still waiting for the autopsy results for a cause of death @LEX18News

1:07 PM - 11 Jul 2019

KSP say the body of Savannah Spurlock was not placed recently on the property at Fall Lick Road @LEX18News

1:08 PM - 11 Jul 2019

All three men seen in the surveillance video, one of them being David Sparks, have been questioned. KSP says the other 2 men have not been charged. I’m told they will not speculate on if the men will be charged in the future @LEX18News

1:10 PM - 11 Jul 2019 pst

Chad K. Mills‏Verified account @ChadKMills
.@kystatepolice confirms human remains found last night in Garrard County, because of tip, are those of Savannah Spurlock, who’s been missing since January. @WDRBNews

D_OGDrZX4AIEWom.jpg

1:06 PM - 11 Jul 2019 pst

Absolutely. They had their eyes focused on these guys, and it was simply a matter of figuring out the specifics.

There was never a reason to look anywhere else, as the evidence pointed in one direction.
But I do wonder what information they have had for 6 months - we've seen where other people are arrested based on cell phone information (proximity) - was there nothing concrete for them to make any arrest without the body? Why is this case different than others? We know she had her cell phone because she facetimed her mom - she was seen on video going into a house but not seen coming out IIRC. What data did they have from her cell phone - pings, location? Was it not enough? I am not one to be critical of LE but I am trying to understand what makes this case different? JMO

But I do wonder what information they have had for 6 months - we've seen where other people are arrested based on cell phone information (proximity) - was there nothing concrete for them to make any arrest without the body? Why is this case different than others? We know she had her cell phone because she facetimed her mom - she was seen on video going into a house but not seen coming out IIRC. What data did they have from her cell phone - pings, location? Was it not enough? I am not one to be critical of LE but I am trying to understand what makes this case different? JMO

Honestly there have been many KY missing persons cases that I still am scratching my head about. Most of them many years later.

Enough to know that a crime happened, but not enough to prove it.

It’s not just about having enough to make an arrest, it’s also about having enough to win in court.

What was the crime? How did it happen? Who did it?

In those other cases, we’ve had physical evidence to go along with all the digital stuff.

I don’t see any way they could have moved forward until now.

Hi Wary!

I do think the phrase has great significance.

I've never heard that phrase before so it means something usually not seen when victims have been buried.

The position she was found is not the position victims are normally found in, imo.

I do think it means she was secreted away at another location before brought to where he finally buried her.

I think that is why her body was sealed when taken away by the ME. Imo, they wanted to make sure she remained in that position for close examination during autopsy.

They can tell a lot about where she may have been, and by the position of the body if she was first encased in a container of some kind, and then transported much later to where she was found.

Imo

Hi, Ocean! I’ve never heard it before, either. (Interestingly enough, the speaker at the press conference acted as though HE had never heard it before, either.)

I’m reading less into it than you are, but time will tell. I just hope that they have enough evidence to convict the person/people involved for what they did.

Imo, the reason they didn't find SS during the initial search was because she wasn't there at the time.

Once he knew the search was over he moved her there some time after then.

Imoo

I think she was and I think cell data was what led them there in the first place to search originally.

They simply missed her the first time imo

It’s not uncommon at all

Yep happens all the time.

Unfortunately as amazing as those creatures are there are many factors that can come into play

Exactly. And here’s one thing—cases where dogs perform brilliantly, are cases that are resolved quickly, and therefore often don’t make the big-time news. The cases where the dogs fail are more apt to be the ones that drag on and become huge mysteries with a dozen different theories as to what happened.

Oh wow I just saw the video of them carrying out a large container. That poor family and her babies, she can finally be laid to rest now and Rest In Peace. My heart goes out to them and her aunt went above and beyond for her. She was so loved.

well based on what was said at the pc, they believed her to be there for at least four months

Four months? So that's why they said she hadn't been put there recently.

Now they have to find out where her body was located before then, and if anyone else helped him hide the body before moving her the final time.

Imo, but the unusual position of the body is how they knew her body had been hidden elsewhere.

Jmho

Four months? So that's why they said she hadn't been put there recently.

Now they have to find out where her body was located before then, and if anyone else helped him hide the body before moving her the final time.

Imo, but the unusual position of the body is how they knew her body had been hidden elsewhere.

Jmho

Her body could have been in an “unusual position,” regardless of if she was moved or not.

I think it was simply a way of saying “unnatural.”

I’ve heard of plenty of killers who bury their victims close to their property, but have never heard of one where someone brings the body back to the probable crime scene.

You want to create space between you and the victim, both literally and figuratively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234