Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was and I think cell data was what led them there in the first place to search originally.

They simply missed her the first time imo

It’s not uncommon at all

I'm not convinced she was there the entire time. Imo she was not, and that is why they are guesstimating she had been there for four months.

If the evidence showed them she had been there the entire time they wouldnt have said four months instead of 6 months or more.. which is a big difference in time.

Imo, he thought the coast was clear when the search ended, and after then is when he put her there. Imo

Jmho

I'm not convinced she was there the entire time. Imo she was not, and that is why they are guesstimating she had been there for four months.

If the evidence showed them she had been there the entire time they wouldnt have said four months instead of 6 months or more.. which is a big difference in time.

Imo, he thought the coast was clear when the search ended, and after then is when he put her there. Imo

Jmho

Did you watch the press conference? That’s not exactly what was said imo

Four months? So that's why they said she hadn't been put there recently.

Now they have to find out where her body was located before then, and if anyone else helped him hide the body before moving her the final time.

Imo, but the unusual position of the body is how they knew her body had been hidden elsewhere.

Jmho

no no

he said Savannah was not placed there recently
and
"getting into why we didn't see the body four months ago would be complete speculation"

so presumably she was there four months ago

Her body could have been in an “unusual position,” regardless of if she was moved or not.

I think it was simply a way of saying “unnatural.”

I’ve heard of plenty of killers who bury their victims close to their property, but have never heard of one where someone brings the body back to the probable crime scene.

You want to create space between you and the victim, both literally and figuratively.

The “Ice truck killer” this guy ain’t imo

Last edited:
no no

and
"getting into why we didn't see the body four months ago would be complete speculation"

I got the feeling that the last thing he wanted to do was speculate, in a press conference, as to whose fault it was that they didn’t find her.

no no

and

We’ve seen this a lot, especially recently.

Searchers and cadaver dogs, miss bodies.

It happens.

I'm betting his pressure helped push this case along. Hiring a Private Investigator was a good move.
Absolutely agree 110%. The latest push by the family with media contact, placing local flyers, etc. has kept attention on Savannah and I think may very well have helped persuade someone to make that call!

Does anyone know how long it takes to identity a cause of death after such bad decomposition?

It all depends on the specific cause, and if it leaves telltale signs.

Decomposition won’t matter if she was beaten or shot, and even stabbing leaves marks on the bone.

Strangulation typically leaves a broken hyoid bone.

Asphyxiation would likely be impossible to determine.

I do think they know what killed her at this point though.

Kentuckian here. I was absolutely expecting SS to be just another missing person from our state who would never be found. I hope it’s some small consolation to her family to know the final outcome rather than just spend their whole lives wondering. I can’t imagine being in either situation.

I don’t think the “unnatural position” means she was moved. A concealed burial is definitely not a hallmark of a natural death and that’s how I interpret it.

It was so cold when they were initially searching. Are dogs trained to find a frozen corpse? I feel like that could be why she was overlooked.

Kentuckian here. I was absolutely expecting SS to be just another missing person from our state who would never be found. I hope it’s some small consolation to her family to know the final outcome rather than just spend their whole lives wondering. I can’t imagine being in either situation.

I don’t think the “unnatural position” means she was moved. A concealed burial is definitely not a hallmark of a natural death and that’s how I interpret it.

It was so cold when they were initially searching. Are dogs trained to find a frozen corpse? I feel like that could be why she was overlooked.

Great point about it being cold. I think that could have slowed the decomposition process, and made it more difficult for the dogs to locate her.

So am I right in saying she was found buried in the back garden, outside, and not in the barn? But as everyone said it was freezing so surely the ground was frozen and made it difficult plus would it not have been noticeable that the ground had been disturbed ?it's just so sad, there all along! He must be a special kind of monster to have been able to walk by her every day!!! Rip savannah.

Jmho
Jacqueline Nie‏ @JacquelineLEX18
KSP say the body of Savannah Spurlock was not placed recently on the property at Fall Lick Road @LEX18News

1:08 PM - 11 Jul 2019

ETA: KSP response to reporter. IMO, Investigators don't seem to believe SS ever left the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234