Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he looks taller than 5'6" on the video after the bar but it must be the camera angle

Last edited:
Hello all,

Thank you for your support of our family during this time. I will probably bow out of here from now on as the next phase will be incredibly painful. We will let police make the noise now. Thank you for your respectful discussions on this forum throughout. It was the only place I felt comfortable participating (if ever so briefly). Much love to u all. If you are local, there will be a public visitation this Tuesday from 5pm-9pm at Oldham, Roberts, & Powell Funeral Home. The hearing tomorrow will allow media.

Lisa

Lisa, I have to tell you what a wonderful job you did for Savannah.
Utmost respect.

Their height and weight being somewhat close and thinking he had help moving her.
I personally believe that willpower in a situation like this can be a crazy thing, and if you’re trying to save your a$$ you can physically do things you normally could not.. not saying he didn’t have help! But I don’t believe it would have been necessary with motivation, adrenaline, etc.
moo!!
Oh. The post said something about Mimosas so I thought it had something to do with alcohol.

But yes, we have seen many times where a single person can easily lift a body, even one heavier than themselves.

Hello all,

Thank you for your support of our family during this time. I will probably bow out of here from now on as the next phase will be incredibly painful. We will let police make the noise now. Thank you for your respectful discussions on this forum throughout. It was the only place I felt comfortable participating (if ever so briefly). Much love to u all. If you are local, there will be a public visitation this Tuesday from 5pm-9pm at Oldham, Roberts, & Powell Funeral Home. The hearing tomorrow will allow media.

Lisa
Praying for your family.

Monday, July 15th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 9am ET) - KY – Savanna Marie Spurlock (22) (Jan. 4, 2019, missing-left “The Other Bar’ in Lexington; found July 10, 2019 @ Fall Lick Rd residence, buried on suspect’s parents’ property) – *David Sparks (23) arrested & charged (7/11/19) & arraigned (7/11/19) with tampering with evidence & abuse of a corpse. Plead not guilty. Garrard County; held in Madison County Detention Center & transferred to Lincoln County Reg. jail after 7/11 hearing.
1/19/19 LE spoke to 2 men seen leaving with her.
7/11/19 Update: Plead not guilty & appointed a public defender. Preliminary hearing on 7/15 @ 9am.

Obviously, this guy is awful but burying a body in your parent's backyard that's an added level of disrespect. If I did that in my parents yard my mom would murder me. I would choose prison over that. I'm glad Savannah has been found and that her parents can attempt to move on. Was she a trophy to DS or an FU to his family? Or maybe he is just not very bright.
I also wondered if she was a trophy. If he liked knowing he had her and nobody else would. It is sick, but maybe a kind of control thing.

Following the law of the land -- it hurts that this charge in KY is only a misdemeanor offense. (Just learned following another case in Ohio that "outrage the sensibilities of a community" will up the charge to a felony. Outrage a "family" is still a misdemeanor). :eek:

525.120 Abuse of corpse.
(1) A person is guilty of abuse of a corpse when except as authorized by law he intentionally treats a corpse in a way that would outrage ordinary family sensibilities. A person shall also be guilty of abuse of a corpse if that person enters into a contract and accepts remuneration for the preparation of a corpse for burial or the burial or cremation of a corpse and then deliberately fails to prepare, bury, or cremate that corpse in accordance with that contract.
(2) Abuse of a corpse is a Class A misdemeanor, unless the act attempted or committed involved sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse with the corpse or the deliberate failure to prepare, bury, or cremate a corpse after the acceptance of remuneration in accordance with any contract negotiated, in which case it is a Class D felony.

Effective: July 15, 2002
History: Amended 2002 Ky. Acts ch. 276, sec. 8, effective July 15, 2002. -- Amended 2000
Ky. Acts ch. 490, sec. 1, effective July 14, 2000. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 222, effective January 1, 1975.
So there is this charge, and also descretion. They could also charge for other things such as tampering with evidence. Sheryia Grant in Kilgore has never been found, but her boyfriend received several charges like this, and after his guilty verdict, they added some more charges. He will be in prison for a while and his other girlfriend and her younger brother were in on it, too. Eventually, someone will squeal on somebody. This gets and keeps him in jail while they continue to investigate.

167029-539cac7b947dbfb114ce8e4632d575bc.jpg

Military Surplus - a lot of agencies are getting/using these now. They're gasketed and air tight to preserve all forensic material.
That is also what I had heard. That this was what the coroner's office put her in, not what she was buried in.

Their height and weight being somewhat close and thinking he had help moving her.
I personally believe that willpower in a situation like this can be a crazy thing, and if you’re trying to save your a$$ you can physically do things you normally could not.. not saying he didn’t have help! But I don’t believe it would have been necessary with motivation, adrenaline, etc.
moo!!

He looked pretty strong. Note the size of his neck. And he is young. I can pick up someone that weighs more than me. Most people can unless they are really weak. For sure you can if you drag them. You can also put them on a big piece of cardboard or something else slick and drag them very easily.

July 14, 2019

Richmond, Ky. (WYMT/WKYT) - A man charged after a missing woman’s body was found on the property where he was living will appear in court on Monday.

SPURLOCK.jpg

David Sparks is scheduled for a preliminary hearing at 9 a.m. in Garrard District Court.

Police say they found Savannah Spurlock’s body where Sparks was living in Garrard County. They charged Sparks with tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse.

Spurlock, who was from Richmond, went missing in January.

Sparks entered a not guilty plea after he was charged.

Spurlock’s family put up a tip box after she went missing and family members say those boxes are still up in case anyone has more information.

Man charged in connection with Savannah Spurlock case scheduled for Monday court appearance

Here's David's arrest from 2017. In 2017 he weighed 125 lbs and just under 5'6" tall. We can see they got his height wrong on his recent arrest and I bet the weight is off too.

upload_2019-7-15_7-33-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-15_7-36-34.png
    upload_2019-7-15_7-36-34.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online