Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's one thing for men to pick up a woman in a bar with the intention of having group sex, but if that video really does show that she was clearly intoxicated and unintelligible, they may have a lot of explaining to do.

Hopefully since the arrest LE will be able to get more helpful information out of the other men. I would think it would be in their best interest to tell them everything they know. Imo

I agree. If she is incoherent and sex occurred and they have the video showing both things, they should be charged and definitely be telling all as you said.

Jmo.

I think there is a double standard. If the roles were reversed, I don't think we would be addressing this subject.

If a man was with three women and a video was made where he was intoxicated and looked to be forced into sex acts, sexual assault could be charged. Seems to me if the supposed victim isn't passed out they would look to see if the supposed victim was enjoying what they were doing or looked forced into the act. Also what was said in the video could have a bearing on whether this person wanted to do the sex act or acts.

I think there is a double standard. If the roles were reversed, I don't think we would be addressing this subject.
If the man ended up dead and the women all had the same (false) story of him leaving the house on foot than I don't see why not.
Also, the law does not differentiate between a man and a woman. Imo

Not this case specifically but how does one know an intoxicated person is doing something they wouldn't do if sober?

Well, usually the wronged party doesn't end up dead, so they can speak for themselves as to whether or not they did something when intoxicated against their will or passed out and woke up with all their clothes off and knowing they were violated. Also, there IS a distinction between doing something you might not do when sober (impaired judgement) and not being physically able to consent because you are intoxicated to the point of incoherence or unconsciousness, which is important.

In that case I agree unless there is physical evidence it does become somewhat of a he said/she said situation. When people are roofied (I have gay male friends this has happened too), they know it. In those cases it's best to report to police right away. But your skepticism is one reason while sexual assault or coercion in these cases is rarely reported.

Personally, I've been in both situations - one where I was highly intoxicated and slept with someone I really regretted the next day. I gave my consent though, 100%. Would I have when sober? Highly doubtful. That's impaired judgement though, not sexual assualt. Or more commonly known as beer goggles.

Another time, I was too incoherent and passed out even though I went somewhere to lie down by myself. Woke up the next morning not by myself and clearly something happened. That was against my will. I had no ability to consent.

Hope this helps. And I have no idea which situation pertains to Savannah, if any. Nor are we likely too since she is not here to speak for herself, and I'm guessing that those who will tell the other side of the story will protect themselves at the extent of the truth.

If this happened to a man it would be just as bad. Do you mean if it happened with women or men? If Savannah was a straight guy taken home by three men we wouldn't be discussing parenting. The focus would be on how they ended up in a shallow grave on the property of the parents of one of the last people they were seen with.

If this happened to a man it would be just as bad. Do you mean if it happened with women or men? If Savannah was a straight guy taken home by three men we wouldn't be discussing parenting. The focus would be on how they ended up in a shallow grave on the property of the parents of one of the last people they were seen with.

No their lifestyle could definitely be considered.

This thread reminds me of the SLP thread. The teenager who was being sexually abused by her stepfather. She met a man in his 30s online and he agreed to save her if she videotaped the rape and sent it to him. She did. He “saved” her and proceeded to have sex with her.

At first, everyone was calling this man a hero for rescuing her. Until the ugly truth all came out.

I have a feeling Savannah’s case will be similar. The truth will come out and there will be no denying that DS is a monster. Moo

No their lifestyle could definitely be considered.

Her life has been turned over and over. Men don't suffer the same judgements as women when it comes to parenting or behavior. A man gets mad he is assertive, a woman behaves the same way she is a crazy b*tch. Now that she has been found dead the last hours of her life are important and who she spent them with. I assume cops are looking into DS and his friends. Hopefully they look deep into their lives.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I haven't read anyone say they don't think he's guilty of his present charges. I don't even think his friends or family would try to sway the facts that have been given as evidence.
It could be other people could be involved with burying her etc and may end up with the same or similar charges. Because this has been out in the media for so long now, on FB and discussed on discussion forums you are going to get a variety of opinions. Also the media has already given out false and misleading information about this case. No way to know why they make the mistakes that are made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her life has been turned over and over. Men don't suffer the same judgements as women when it comes to parenting or behavior. A man gets mad he is assertive, a woman behaves the same way she is a crazy b*tch. Now that she has been found dead the last hours of her life are important and who she spent them with. I assume cops are looking into DS and his friends. Hopefully they look deep into their lives.

I know things have changed and are still changing so that men are looked at as well as women when it comes to morals, parenting etc. We're getting there, thank goodness.

I know things have changed and are still changing so that men are looked at as well as women when it comes to morals, parenting etc. We're getting there, thank goodness.

Unfortunately, we still aren't there all the way. In some ways things are better for women we are talking about,sexual harassment, rape stuff couldn't happen a few years ago without losing a job potentially. There are still dangerous guys out there and angry ones who feel that women owe them something.

I haven't read anyone say they don't think he's guilty of his present charges. I don't even think his friends or family would try to sway the facts that have been given as evidence.
It could be other people could be involved with burying her etc and may end up with the same or similar charges. Because this has been out in the media for so long now, on FB and discussed on discussion forums you are going to get a variety of opinions. Also the media has already given out false and misleading information about this case. No way to know why they make the mistakes that are made.

I didn't mean the current charges. I was think more of ones that might come up in the future. Is the false info a preemptive strike to make people question if she was murdered or if died accidently or naturally. Her lifestyle keeps coming up but what about his?

Posters have made the assertion that she was forced into doing something she wouldn't have done if not intoxicated. I've said we don't know that. That is not disrespectful. I think DS murdered her & should be punished if found guilty. We don't have to accuse him with these other things to prove how evil he is. His murderous act is evil enough.

I admire your ability to be open minded. I think her death could be accidental as in DS didn't plan on killing her or he accidently did at some point. I think hiding her body was a way to cover up evidence. People die you shouldn't bury them in a shallow grave because they died at your house after drinking. Would they do that to a grandparent or parent?
If someone wasn't sure if they may have caused a person's death would it be more likely that person would try and cover it up rather than call 911 to report the death, even though they had done nothing wrong, compared to if that person knew they were not going to be accused of wrong doing if they did call 911.

Would you agree or disagree with that statement???

Ehmmm, I haven’t been in that situation but I would like to believe I wouldn’t try to cover it up. It has to do with the type of person you are. So, no, I would have to say that I do not agree with that statement. JMO.
I'm sure given the circumstances everyone here will say they would do the right thing and call 911. I doubt I will find anyone willing to admit they would bury a body if they found one in their house.

My post wasn't directed to ask what someone here on the forum would do if they were in the situation, it was asking if they agree someone is more likely to try and cover up a murder if that person didn't know if they were responsible for that murder.

Let me put it another way.

I'm sure most people know what it is to blackout memory from over consuming alcohol. IIRC it's been mentioned here on the Savannah's thread recently. There is probably a technical term for this, but I'm not going to go look it up unless someone really wants me to. If you don't know what blacking out is, it is when someone can't remember what they did after becoming highly intoxicated. The person doesn't need to pass out or go unconscious for this to happen. Some people go to bed and wake up and don't remember parts and pieces of what they did the night before.

If DS blacked out some or all of his memory from the night before (early morning) and woke up to find Savannah dead in his house, he could have thought he killed her and therefor buried her body to cover up what he thought he may have been responsible for.

Given this set of circumstances I can see how someone that was innocent of any wrong doing thinking they would get themselves into a trouble if they called 911 to report a body in their house. (Remember in this scenario he doesn't know if he killed her or not) Yes the right thing would be to call 911, but maybe DS didn't want to put himself in the lime light with having to explain how a women was found dead in his house and then to find out he was also responsible for her death once that is determined.

I'm just trying to come up with an explanation as to why someone would bury a body if they didn't perhaps cause that person's death.

I'm sure given the circumstances everyone here will say they would do the right thing and call 911. I doubt I will find anyone willing to admit they would bury a body if they found one in their house.

My post wasn't directed to ask what someone here on the forum would do if they were in the situation, it was asking if they agree someone is more likely to try and cover up a murder if that person didn't know if they were responsible for that murder.

I'm sure most people know what it is to blackout memory from over consuming alcohol. IIRC it's been mentioned here on the Savannah's thread recently. There is probably a technical term for this, but I'm not going to go look it up unless someone really wants me to. If you don't know what blacking out is, it is when someone can't remember what they did after becoming highly intoxicated. The person doesn't need to pass out or go unconscious for this to happen. Some people go to bed and wake up and don't remember parts and pieces of what they did the night before.

If DS blacked out some or all of his memory from the night before (early morning) and woke up to find Savannah dead in his house, he could have thought he killed her and therefor buried her body to cover up what he thought he may have been responsible for.

Given this set of circumstances I can see how someone that was innocent of any wrong doing thinking they would get themselves into a trouble if they called 911 to report a body in their house. (Remember in this scenario he doesn't know if he killed her or not) Yes the right thing would be to call 911, but maybe DS didn't want to put himself in the lime light with having to explain how a women was found dead in his house and then to find out he was also responsible for her death once that is determined.

I'm just trying to come up with an explanation as to why someone would bury a body if they didn't perhaps cause that person's death.

Because we have laws against doing this it shows us a lot of people have and will do it. Many people ignore someone dying on the street etc. Many hit and runs. Many overdose victims dumped. We know many murdered victims never to be found.

Many people run away from situations where they feel uncomfortable, afraid, freaked out, guilt etc.

I agree that could cause someone to act in that manner. It’s hard to know what happened not knowing the people involved and their character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member