Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except I don't think the people that knew Savannah best will agree with you.

Savannah was said to have driven about 30 minutes from her home that she shared with her mom (and infant twins) to meet up with friend(s) that she was going out with.

If I recall correctly, - they got a very late start, and didn't arrive at the bar until around 11pm - 11:30pm.

Savannah did not drive to the bar -- she left her mom's car at the friends meet up location in Lexington (along with her coat and larger handbag).

After the late start, Savannah didn't want to leave when her friend, the driver departed, and she stayed behind with her girlfriend--allegedly talking with the men she later left the bar with. (Savannah and her girlfriend allegedly had argument, and friend went her own way).

When Savannah walked out of the lounge, family believe she wanted to continue the party, but also never lost track that she had 4 week old twins at home, and that her mother needed her car in the morning.

Friends/family have stated their belief that Savannah traveling another hours drive from Lexington to Lancaster and/or Sparks residence, would not have been attractive option for Savannah because it would mean 1) one of the men would have to soon drive Savannah an hour back to Lexington where she left her mom's car; or 2) she would have to call somebody to come collect her in Lancaster to take her to mom's car -- parked an hour away in Lexington.

And don't forget, once at the car, Savannah still had to drive 30 minutes to get home to Richmond!

If you map it out -- it's a good 1.5 hour loop Savannah would have to make to get from Lancaster to her car, and back home to Richmond.

It's Sabrina (Savannah's best friend) words I'll never forget. She believes Savannah would have said "turn this boat around" -- I can't be going all the way to Lancaster tonight.

MOO

ETA: I'm not saying that SS was kidnapped, or taken against her will. I'm saying that Savannah most likely was promised she'd be given a ride back to Lexington in a couple of hours. She would not have agreed to go without reassurance of getting mom's car home early as promised.

Fair enough, I didn’t know Savannah personally I just felt from everything we have learned it looked as if she wanted to go where he was going, willingly, but maybe some kind of promise was broken to her or plans fell through.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I do remember reading that the babies went home with him after leaving the hospital but I'm not sure if we know where they were that weekend.
I'm not sure it really matters, though. She had four children that she had no intention of leaving. Where they were at the time of her murder does not play a role. Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where you live but I know in the UK I think it is the body can be kept for a long time with regard to a crime, I have trouble understanding that as it has to be further trauma for the family. That is no knock to them, just to say it is done differently.

I am no expert but from what I understand it does not take days for the actual physical autopsy of the full body even with suspicion of a crime in the US in most cases.

That however, is the physical autopsy I guess is what I would describe it as in my layperson's words. My best guess from what I understand is they photograph, x-ray, perhaps scan, take all samples and slides they need, pictures, etc. and then release the body and yes, the funeral is often not long after a body is found and the body can be released to family fairly quickly. I would prefer not to get more graphic but it is not uncommon from what I have seen.

It is the autopsy report, findings, various test results and review of what they take I believe that can take so long but they can take those things, have their samples and more to study or test and yet release the physical body itself fairly quickly (in most cases) for the family to lay to rest.

I think of it like we do when you go to the doctor--they will take your blood and urine for labs, they may do an x-ray or CT scan, etc. You can then go home the same day quite often while they await results which are then reviewed, the pictures, the lab results, etc., maybe send some things out for further testing, and then call you with your results--they no longer need "you" there. Again, I am trying to stay away from being graphic but they can take more from a deceased person internally than a living person. Once they have what they need, they do not need your body's "presence" to come to a "finding" I guess are the only words I can come up with without getting more graphic.

I follow (not closely but I do check it every few weeks) the Libby Squire case and it is remarkable to me the body is kept and the family cannot bury her--it is apparently very much the opposite in that country versus at least what I have seen in the US. However, again, I am no expert and this is just based on what I have seen or understand. If I understand from following the Squire case, it is due to the legal system mostly that it is different.

So having Savannah's remains with the family this quickly I do not find unusual, imho.

Anyone can feel free to correct me as I could be incorrect. This is jmo based on what I have seen.

Thanks for your reply, I am actually from the UK and was thinking of the Libby case when I wrote it! As her body still hasn't been released, yet Savannahs was released within a week I wasn't sure if it was to do with how far along in decomp they was oranything...you certainly make sense though, this is what had baffled me is the difference in releasing the body in Savannahs case in the us, and Libby case here, and thanks again.

Do you have a link for "two other guys left the house soon after arriving" Also, I have not heard anything about their stories or phone records. Could you provide a link?

Just jumping in here, I have definitely definitely seen in a msm post that the detective testified the two other guys left.
Eta. Trying to find it as we speak.

Thanks for your reply, I am actually from the UK and was thinking of the Libby case when I wrote it! As her body still hasn't been released, yet Savannahs was released within a week I wasn't sure if it was to do with how far along in decomp they was oranything...you certainly make sense though, this is what had baffled me is the difference in releasing the body in Savannahs case in the us, and Libby case here, and thanks again.

You bet. No expert like I said but with Libby was the first I realized it was different elsewhere--not that I knew how it is here either or am sure but jmo.

No matter what, I think we should agree that SS absolutely didn't deserve what happened to her and character assassination and victim blaming is one thing that always rubs me the wrong way!

Especially when the victim is not able to defend themselves which is the case here!

JMO respectfully

Her children were being cared for regardless. She didn’t leave them home alone. Absolutely nothing wrong with a woman going out for drinks, meeting men, doing whatever she dang well pleases. She did nothing wrong. Moo

I do remember reading that the babies went home with him after leaving the hospital but I'm not sure if we know where they were that weekend.
I'm not sure it really matters, though. She had four children that she had no intention of leaving. Where they were at the time of her murder does not play a role. Imo

Her 3 younger boys were at home with their father, and her oldest was with her father the night she went missing. Her mother was not watching them. As said, not relevant.

61683905_415981759254470_6428639514587037696_n.jpg

"Love my babies more than anything. They are my everything and always keep me up when I'm down. They are just the sweetest; God put them in my life at the perfect time. Wouldn't change having them for anything."

"It's crazy how much you can love one person. I will always be here for you no matter what. You have changed me for the better. I don't know what I would do without you. Mommy loves you Noah Bleu; happy birthday baby boy."

"Love my boys more than anything. They are what keep me going."

(of the twins) "I love you boys more than anything and can't wait for your brothers to love you as well. It's going to be quite a journey but I wouldn't want to take anyone else along for the ride."

Remembering Savannah

Savannah Spurlock: Man charged after missing mom's remains found buried at his home

Last edited:
Just jumping in here, I have definitely definitely seen in a msm post that the detective testified the two other guys left.
Eta. Trying to find it as we speak.
It was in a Q&A presser after he was arrested. Sorry, I don't have the link. But presumably his phone pings helped them determine that Sparkes visited his parents house for two hours that morning as well.

It was in a Q&A presser after he was arrested. Sorry, I don't have the link. But presumably his phone pings helped them determine that Sparkes visited his parents house for two hours that morning as well.
Too bad you don't have a link. The 2 men leaving shortly after arriving is important information if true.

As a poster stated upthread I believe Savannah felt comfortable enough with these guys she didn’t really get any bad feelings hanging out with them, I read in one of these MSM posts that Savannah AND her friend had been chatty kathying it up with their “new friends”. obviously from the way it’s sounded, Savannah didn’t want the night to end, I think if she had any intentions of potentially sleeping with any one it would have been the one she was locked arms with, in her head she also just found a potential “love interest” so where ever he’s going, she also wants to go. I think she probably agreed to go smoke with them back at DS house which isn’t unheard of, I’m 23 and I have plenty girl friends who have drove 30-45 min to go smoke with a guy they liked. Let’s say they got there and smoked and she was finally warm from being freezing, she’s also drunk, it’s 3-3:30 am she could’ve easily nodded off despite being in a place she didn’t know and it sounds like these other two guys were common sense enough to not take advantage of a drunk girl but selfish enough to leave her in the hands of a creep-o’ they only know from work. I’m not quiet sure how she ended up in the bedroom though, I know she was a free soul but I don’t peg her the type to be cool with staying at DS house without the guy she originally even came for. It’s all just my opinion. Poor girl never deserved this.
I'm 54 and this is exactly what I think happened , this is exactly what my friends did 30 years ago , I 100% agree with you and I'm sure his place isn't that big that he couldn't have pulled a half drunk girl off the couch and into his room and disrobed her pretty easily , I'm betting he raped her then wanted to shut her up my guess is he strangled her and the blood is from her recovery being interrupted panicked and put her in the closet , the natural position or hiding in a closet would be folded at the waist if you were on the floor he probably left her in there long enough he had to bury her like that , frankly I'm surprised he buried her at all JMO

Death from sex after childbirth is very rare and in the 18 incidences out of 20 MILLION cases studied I'm sure they weren't folded in half and buried 19 inches deep by their partners. JMO

Deaths Linked to Sex After Childbirth
Yes but factor in a violent rape and fighting back , it could produce a lot of blood , but don't get me wrong I think he attacked her I don't think her death is from being raped but it does explain blood I'm sure it was not innocent by any means , poor sweet girl and her beautiful kiddos breaks my heart and YES she did NOTHING WRONG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234