Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad you don't have a link. The 2 men leaving shortly after arriving is important information if true.
Report: Missing mother of newborn twins last seen leaving bar 2 weeks ago
snipped

The Lexington Herald-Leader reports SS, 22, has been missing since Jan. 4 when she left The Other Bar in Lexington. Three men last seen with SS were reportedly questioned by police and released.

The men reportedly told officers SS left one of their homes in Garrard County on foot.

WLEX reports police carried out a search warrant Tuesday on a property tied to one of the men.

This article isn't about the two men leaving but it is an early report about "men"saying she left on foot. I'm not sure we discussed this early on but it's an interesting detail if true.

I see many posters speculating on why she went to DS residence. We will probably never know the exact reason. To me, the reason she went there is not really important. The reason she didn’t leave through the front door by her own free will is what I am focused on. We know one thing for sure; the story DS is telling is a huge lie. If she had woke him on the couch to get his address, then it stands to reason that her phone would contain information showing her attempting to call someone for a ride or texting someone or scheduling an Uber.

I'm 54 and this is exactly what I think happened , this is exactly what my friends did 30 years ago , I 100% agree with you and I'm sure his place isn't that big that he couldn't have pulled a half drunk girl off the couch and into his room and disrobed her pretty easily , I'm betting he raped her then wanted to shut her up my guess is he strangled her and the blood is from her recovery being interrupted panicked and put her in the closet , the natural position or hiding in a closet would be folded at the waist if you were on the floor he probably left her in there long enough he had to bury her like that , frankly I'm surprised he buried her at all JMO
As good a scenario as any.........Have the 'police' offered an intelligent excuse as to why the body wasn't discovered on the property during the first searches early in the year????????

Report: Missing mother of newborn twins last seen leaving bar 2 weeks ago
snipped

The Lexington Herald-Leader reports SS, 22, has been missing since Jan. 4 when she left The Other Bar in Lexington. Three men last seen with SS were reportedly questioned by police and released.

The men reportedly told officers SS left one of their homes in Garrard County on foot.

WLEX reports police carried out a search warrant Tuesday on a property tied to one of the men.

This article isn't about the two men leaving but it is an early report about "men"saying she left on foot. I'm not sure we discussed this early on but it's an interesting detail if true.

This one?

"When interviewed by detectives back in January, Sparks had told them that he and the other men had gone back to his house with Savannah.

They left but he and Savannah remained. He claimed that she went to sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch.

When he woke mid-morning he said that she asked him where she was apparently so she could arrange transport home.

He claimed to have fallen asleep and that, when he woke again around noon, she had gone. He said she was uninjured when she did.

But today Det. Chamings revealed that Sparks had visited his parents' home twice on the night of the 4th and in the early hours of the 5th of January."

Savannah Spurlock's body was found naked and bound in trash bags thrown in a shallow grave | Daily Mail Online

While it doesn't quote DS a claiming the other two left shortly after arriving, He does seem to point the finger at himself. I mean why would he claim the other two left them alone? Are we suppose to believe that he is such a loyal guy that he's willing to fall on the sword for the other two men?

Last edited:
Too bad you don't have a link. The 2 men leaving shortly after arriving is important information if true.
I have not read or heard anything about the other men leaving early, including during the PC. LE was asked about the other men at the house, and all they said was that they don't yet know of any charges going forward, but will continue the investigation.
They also stated that they do not yet know how the night unfolded.

This tells me that how long the men stayed at the house is not yet known, or LE has not revealed what they know of the other two men. Imo

This one?

"When interviewed by detectives back in January, Sparks had told them that he and the other men had gone back to his house with Savannah.

They left but he and Savannah remained. He claimed that she went to sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch.

When he woke mid-morning he said that she asked him where she was apparently so she could arrange transport home.

He claimed to have fallen asleep and that, when he woke again around noon, she had gone. He said she was uninjured when she did.

But today Det. Chamings revealed that Sparks had visited his parents' home twice on the night of the 4th and in the early hours of the 5th of January."

Savannah Spurlock's body was found naked and bound in trash bags thrown in a shallow grave | Daily Mail Online

While it doesn't quote DS a claiming the other two left shortly after arriving, He does seem to point the finger at himself. I mean why would he claim the other two left them alone? Are we suppose to believe that he is such a loyal guy that he's willing to fall on the sword for the other two men?
So it would seem he was lying (were they lying as well) in the beginning by saying she left on foot? I wish we had better information from LE but I guess there is a reason we do not have any more arrests yet? JMO

This one?

So apparently it was he himself who claimed that the other men left early.
Good job, Sparks!

Except I don't think the people that knew Savannah best will agree with you.

Savannah was said to have driven about 30 minutes from her home that she shared with her mom (and infant twins) to meet up with friend(s) that she was going out with.

If I recall correctly, - they got a very late start, and didn't arrive at the bar until around 11pm - 11:30pm.

Savannah did not drive to the bar -- she left her mom's car at the friends meet up location in Lexington (along with her coat and larger handbag).

After the late start, Savannah didn't want to leave when her friend, the driver departed, and she stayed behind with her girlfriend--allegedly talking with the men she later left the bar with. (Savannah and her girlfriend allegedly had argument, and friend went her own way).

When Savannah walked out of the lounge, family believe she wanted to continue the party, but also never lost track that she had 4 week old twins at home, and that her mother needed her car in the morning.

Friends/family have stated their belief that Savannah traveling another hours drive from Lexington to Lancaster and/or Sparks residence, would not have been attractive option for Savannah because it would mean 1) one of the men would have to soon drive Savannah an hour back to Lexington where she left her mom's car; or 2) she would have to call somebody to come collect her in Lancaster to take her to mom's car -- parked an hour away in Lexington.

And don't forget, once at the car, Savannah still had to drive 30 minutes to get home to Richmond!

If you map it out -- it's a good 1.5 hour loop Savannah would have to make to get from Lancaster to her car, and back home to Richmond.

It's Sabrina (Savannah's best friend) words I'll never forget. She believes Savannah would have said "turn this boat around" -- I can't be going all the way to Lancaster tonight.

MOO

ETA: I'm not saying that SS was kidnapped, or taken against her will. I'm saying that Savannah most likely was promised she'd be given a ride back to Lexington in a couple of hours. She would not have agreed to go without reassurance of getting mom's car home early as promised.

Ita!

No, they evidently don't have the evidence needed she was kidnapped at first when leaving... although I think at some point she was certainly held against her will.

In many states that elevates it to kidnapping charges being applied. I think she wanted desperately to leave, and return where she knew she would be safe. DP wasn't ever going to let her have a choice of leaving even though I'm sure she pled with him with every ounce of her being.

Often those pleas only fuels the engorged ego of the murderer even more knowing they have full power, and control over a totally helpless victim.

However, I very much agree with you, and her family member.

I think at the time she had no idea how far they would be traveling to get to DPs home. Imo, if she had known I do not believe she would have gone.

Even if she realized it half way there due to the time taking to get there they easily could have coerced her into going anyway. Even then she had no choice in the matter.

Unfortunately we will never know Savannah's truth of what all really transpired from beginning to the very end.

DPs made sure of that by making sure his victim was voiceless never being able to tell the TRUTH of what really happened.

Instead, like all murderers DP will substitute his concocted lies in the place of the truth because he, and other murderers knows they have erased any chance for the victims to speak the truth themselves.

We see it in every case like this one. Imo, the defense will use the same old tired defense of blaming the victim for their own deaths.

Why they do this I've never understood when the vast majority of the time all it winds up doing is highly ticking the jurors off.

I think DP put Savannah through hell before he finally took her life away from her, her babies, and loving family members.

Imo, The blood found had nothing to do with her recent birth of twins. The blood let of Savannah's came from the assault, and being murdered. I think the forensic evidence will show that to be true.

Jmho

So it would seem he was lying (were they lying as well) in the beginning by saying she left on foot? I wish we had better information from LE but I guess there is a reason we do not have any more arrests yet? JMO

It could be one of two likely scenarios IMO

1 people close to the investigation (friends and family) assumed that it was all three that said SS left on foot based on the little information they received from detectives and knowing that SS left the bar with the three men and all 4 had arrived at DS rental home on Price Court

0r 2 All three men really did say that SS left on foot and two of them later recanted, Which painted DS in a corner and he admitted that he had been in fact left alone with her.

Either way it seems DS himself admitted that SS was alive and unharmed when the other two left and SS and DS were then left alone

JMO

rds1200 said:
As distasteful, and horrible, as those posts were, I don't think we can discuss them as he isn't a POI, or suspect, at this time...
Hi rds - I brought part of a quote over from the Thread #5, post #1260. Hopefully, I did it the right way. I probably should have been more specific in saying that DS's brother was posting disparaging remarks about SS. I felt that it was in an effort to declare and justify his brother's innnocence. I don't think that the brother is involved. Hope that clarifies things.

It could be one of two likely scenarios IMO

1 people close to the investigation (friends and family) assumed that it was all three that said SS left on foot based on the little information they received from detectives and knowing that SS left the bar with the three men and all 4 had arrived at DS rental home on Price Court

0r 2 All three men really did say that SS left on foot and two of them later recanted, Which painted DS in a corner and he admitted that he had been in fact left alone with her.

Either way it seems DS himself admitted that SS was alive and unharmed when the other two left and SS and DS were then left alone

JMO
I bet it was the second scenario.
LE was likely putting the pressure on all three and two of them finally said they left early. When they confronted Sparks he had to admit it.
Yet, why would the other two men lie at first? They must have had a reason. Imo

I'm sure they are working on that right now. They probably need at least one of the men, or even Sparks, to admit to what really happened. Imo

i think they couldn't have stayed too much longer after they got to DS house, they left other bar at around 230 and it took nearly an hour to get there making it close to 330, sun would be coming up a few hours after that.

As good a scenario as any.........Have the 'police' offered an intelligent excuse as to why the body wasn't discovered on the property during the first searches early in the year????????

I dont think they publicly will tell anyone why they didnt find her at first, but it will come out during the trial. IMO

Iirc, LE said they are trying determine how long she had been where she was found.

Imo. They will do this with those who are forensic experts such as those who analyze bugs, and insects found in the shallow grave. They always find bugs, and insect infestation among any site where the victims is located like in Savannah's location.

Even though he may have moved her on to the property after a few days at that time the weather was frigid cold then where any body would be in a frozen state pushing the decomposition stages way back at the time.

Also dogs in other cases have missed locating bodies also who were later found in the very same area previously searched.

There are many variables as to why she may not have been located back then.

I dont fault the police nor the dogs for not being able to locate her IF she was in the same area she was found.

Imoo

This one?

He most likely told the police that the 2 left & he was alone with her because that's what the 2 men would tell police & the neighbors camera would have shown that.

I bet it was the second scenario.
LE was likely putting the pressure on all three and two of them finally said they left early. When they confronted Sparks he had to admit it.
Yet, why would the other two men lie at first? They must have had a reason. Imo
LE may also have their cell phone records and those may show both of them leaving the house at an earlier time - I think they probably do have these and that's why they were not arrested. IMO

He most likely told the police that the 2 left & he was alone with her because that's what the 2 men would tell police & the neighbors camera would have shown that.

At the time of his questioning I highly doubt he was aware that they would have been seen on video camera.

Either way his own statements put him right in their crosshairs.

And it seems based on early searches of areas connected to DS that they were onto him from the get go

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members