Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what happened between SS & the 3 men at Price CT that evening. We know the 2 unnamed men left after a couple of hours. Let's say the 2 men had consensual relations with SS (big supposition). Whether DS did also or not, if no COD determined, he could claim he awoke to find her dead, panicked & disposed of her body. I doubt this is what happened but could be his defense.

Except didn't he say SS left on foot?

Except didn't he say SS left on foot?
I believe that ‘on foot” came from an interview Savannah’s mother gave. I’ve been unable to find any source that claims DS said that. Mom gave an interview early on where she said something like, “and we are supposed to believe she left on foot?”

LE never really released exactly what the three men said until recently. But I would guess they told Savannah’s mom and that is where that statement came from. Probably because her mom knew she wasn’t able to call an Uber?? Speculation.

JMO. I could be wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Friday, July 19th:
*Grand Jury Indictment expected (@ am ET) - KY – Savannah Marie Spurlock (22) (Jan. 4, 2019, missing-left “The Other Bar’ in Lexington; found July 10, 2019 @ Fall Lick Rd residence, buried on suspect’s parents’ property) – *David Sparks (23) arrested & charged (7/11/19) & arraigned (7/11/19) with tampering with evidence & abuse of a corpse. Plead not guilty.
Garrard County #19-F-00092; held in Madison County Detention Center & transferred to Lincoln County Reg. jail after 7/11 hearing.
1/19/19 LE spoke to 2 men seen leaving with her.
7/11/19 Update: Plead not guilty & appointed a public defender. Preliminary hearing on 7/15 @ 9am.

7/15/19 Update: Judge Bill Oliver found probably cause after a Kentucky State Police detective’s testimony. The case was waived to a grand jury, & Sparks is being held without bond. The judge said his bond will be reviewed. After hearing testimony Monday, Garrard District Judge Bill Oliver found probable cause to send the case before the grand jury, which is expected to meet Wednesday and could return an indictment Friday, 7/19. No further date given. No update as of 7/16.

Aunt Lisa Thoma said they buried Savannah in a family cemetery in Waco KY.
It's on the Remembering Savannah facebook page.

Yes, nothing can ever bring her back but at least the family has been able to lay her to rest and has some answers. She is back with them and at home so to speak. I am glad they at least have that and now hope they will also see justice.

Jmo.

Do you know for certain the tape that bound her feet was not on the outside of the trash bag and placed there after her death?

No but you would think they would have said the bags were bound and not her feet if that was the case? Also as her head was at her feet in bags I just don't see how that would make sense, and feel it would have been worded different if that was the case! Of course jmo.

I believe that ‘on foot” came from an interview Savannah’s mother gave. I’ve been unable to find any source that claims DS said that. Mom gave an interview early on where she said something like, “and we are supposed to believe she left on foot?”

LE never really released exactly what the three men said until recently. But I would guess they told Savannah’s mom and that is where that statement came from. Probably because her mom knew she wasn’t able to call an Uber?? Speculation.

JMO. I could be wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time.
Report: Missing mother of newborn twins last seen leaving bar 2 weeks ago
Snipped
The men reportedly told officers Spurlock left one of their homes in Garrard County on foot.

No but you would think they would have said the bags were bound and not her feet if that was the case? Also as her head was at her feet in bags I just don't see how that would make sense, and feel it would have been worded different if that was the case! Of course jmo.
Just my opinion but here's what I think happened. I think he rolled her up in the rug as a means to get her in to his vehicle without being detected. I believe he buried her in a doubled over position simply to reduce the size of the hole he would have to dig, meaning instead of a six foot hole, he could dig a three foot hole, albeit slightly wider. The hole was shallow, as the ground was likely hard at that time of year, so he bound the feet together to keep as low a profile as possible. Remember, the hole was only 19 inches deep, so once covered she would have only been inches below the surface.

Does anybody have any information about the home that Savannah was killed in? Sparks took her there, and I've heard it referred to as his residence, but I've also heard that he resided with his parents at the house where she was buried. Did he move back with his parents after the crime?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the information about how the body was found including the tape and trash bags was gained by the officers who testified Monday at a preliminary hearing.

If the tape was found outside the trash bags the officers could have withheld that information to sensationalize their case to ensure the case moved on to the grand jury. Although I don't think it would have much mattered if they said the tape was outside the trash bags, the case would have still moved on.

JMO

Yes exactly. She was murdered in his bedroom of his rental home and he soon after moved back home with parents. It’s my belief that he dug a grave at his parents and buried her within 2 days of her death.
Hoping and praying he agrees to tell everything that happened. Unfortunately, he has no reason to talk at this time and plead not guilty to the initial charges. If they charge him with capital murder he will talk to get a less than death penalty sentence.

Yes exactly. She was murdered in his bedroom of his rental home and he soon after moved back home with parents. It’s my belief that he dug a grave at his parents and buried her within 2 days of her death.
I believe he buried here that very morning. Apparently he was there for two hours. Did he move back to that residence to keep an eye on the secret he had buried in the backyard?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member