Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isnt how she lives we should be saying things about. Thats victim blaming. Akin to saying if she didnt dress that way she wouldnt have.... you get it.

IMO its ridiculous and misogynistic to say women cant go certain places or be out at certain times (sounds unamerican tbh), we should be preaching for men to not kill,rape and assault women. Dont blame them, blame the perpetrator.

It isnt how she lives we should be saying things about. Thats victim blaming. Akin to saying if she didnt dress that way she wouldnt have.... you get it.

IMO its ridiculous and misogynistic to say women cant go certain places or be out at certain times (sounds unamerican tbh), we should be preaching for men to not kill,rape and assault women. Dont blame them, blame the perpetrator.

BBM
Right. But blaming men and the patriarchy for all of the world’s woes is ok.. *eyeroll*

Women DO make awful decisions sometimes. They aren’t always 100% in the clear. I would never in 1 million years say a woman is “asking for it”, But there are ways to minimize being a victim

BBM
Right. But blaming men and the patriarchy for all of the world’s woes is ok.. *eyeroll*

Women DO make awful decisions sometimes. They aren’t always 100% in the clear. I would never in 1 million years say a woman is “asking for it”, But there are ways to minimize being a victim

Whos blaming men for all of anything?

Im saying Men shouldnt rape,assault and kill women. The End. That is not controversial.

Women have the right to go where they want, dress how they want and live how they want. The focus should be on the perp not the victim. What is controversial about that?

The best way to minimize violence against women is to reiterate and focus on the fact that men shouldnt assault,rape or kill women. No matter how they dress, where they go, how drunk they get etc.

Statistically it happens to women way way way way way wayway way way way way way way way way way way way too common.

No means no. people.
Drunk or tipsy doesnt mean she wants sex.
How she dresses is not an invitation to get sexual or assume she will have sex with you.
Buying her dinner does not mean she owes you sex.
catcalling and sexual harassment is not cute and women dont like it.

If she doesnt want sex
- dont get violent.
- dont throw a tantrum
- dont call her a name

This doesnt even touch the way women are looked at as possessions in relationships often.

With all that said, I hope Savannah is ok, I hope she is out on her own. I hope these decisions are her own.

BBM

BBM, IMO those 2 sentences next to each other, contradict each other.

Whos blaming men for all of anything?

Im saying Men shouldnt rape,assault and kill women. The End. That is not controversial.

Women have the right to go where they want, dress how they want and live how they want. The focus should be on the perp not the victim. What is controversial about that?

The best way to minimize violence against women is to reiterate and focus on the fact that men shouldnt assault,rape or kill women. No matter how they dress, where they go, how drunk they get etc.

Statistically it happens to women way way way way way wayway way way way way way way way way way way way too common.

No means no. people.
Drunk or tipsy doesnt mean she wants sex.
How she dresses is not an invitation to get sexual or assume she will have sex with you.
Buying her dinner does not mean she owes you sex.
catcalling and sexual harassment is not cute and women dont like it.

If she doesnt want sex
- dont get violent.
- dont throw a tantrum
- dont call her a name

This doesnt even touch the way women are looked at as possessions in relationships often.

With all that said, I hope Savannah is ok, I hope she is out on her own. I hope these decisions are her own.

Wow. Ok. We know all this. Relax.

How is making a simple statement that women sometimes make bad decisions and end up in bad situations victim blaming? It’s the truth. I did some really stupid things in my youth and am lucky I’m still here to tell about it.

Savannah is a victim. And trying to shame her for going to a bar is in poor taste IMHO.

TOS states this is a victim friendly site. Id hate for my daughter to go missing and have some rando online blaming her for her own disappearance because she went to a bar and is an outgoing person.

I think there is a difference between victim blaming and acknowledging the realities of the world we live in. The ideal is that prevention is focused solely where it should lay - with the potential or actual offenders that hurt women. However....we don't live in an ideal world. Therefore, it is not victim blaming to acknowledge the benefits of engaging in risk prevention. Risk prevention is not in any way shifting blame. In fact it is a direct reaction/response to the potential of another person's behaviour. I can absolutely see both sides of the argument, but there is a grey area in between. And if risk prevention saves a life whilst we aim for the ideal of men never hurting women (completely unrealistic but worthy of the effort to reduce the number of attacks) then why would we as women not do it? And just so noone jumps on me lol - no woman...never ever....is responsible for another person hurting her. Ever.

hopefully she decided to take a break, not that i could ever do it, it certainly beats 4 kids losing their young mother. Just looking around fb suggests there could be a few people that police may want to talk to for more information. God bless. this world has gone mad.

Police Stop, Question 2 Men Last Seen With Missing Richmond Woman

Authorities said Wednesday morning that police identified and spoke with two men who were last seen with a missing Richmond woman.

Richmond Police say that Garrard County Police questioned the men seen leaving a Lexington bar Jan. 4 with 22-year-old Savannah Spurlock.

[..]

Officials questioned the two men.

No charges have been filed.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics