Found Deceased KY - Shadow McClaine, 25, Clarksville, 2 Sept 2016 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fighting to stay.... IMO that was in response to staying until she was released. She wanted a clean record, discharged without cause. Still not sure why either wasn't sent to another base. Over a year of constant drama is enough to kill the spirit and make you wonder if you're going insane. I wonder if either put in for a change of base?

I ask because my brother was Air Force. He was married, and they divorced, after finding out she was having an affair with someone else on the base. That man was transferred to another base....I do not know if the adultery was held against him or not. I just know that my brother said his commanding officer said it wouldn't work with them all 3 still at the same base. And it's true. How could you focus on defending the country with all that going on? How could you do your daily job on the base with all that drama?

I'm pretty sure her ex was higher rank than she was, given that she was demoted at some point. Whether that set this whole thing in action or not, I guess we won't ever know.

Maria Lauterbach was in the military, a marine I believe, at any rate, another marine was married, and believed Maria was pregnant with his child. Rather than face that, he murdered Maria and her unborn baby. Burned them in a fire pit while he cooked above the fire for a party with friends, family, other military people! Most of what was discovered in that case, I don't believe we heard from the military. Media was given some information while they were looking for her murderer who had fled to Mexico. I do remember photos of the garage and his house and the fire pit. Still not sure how his wife didn't know someone was killed in that garage, and how she was able to help him get to Mexico, have commuications while he was AWOL, but never charged with anything... BUT, I don't remember reporters actually in the court room...anyone else remember?

Shadow, where are you?
I'm hoping more information will be forthcoming by the end of the week - as in maybe actually LE announcing a POI or someone taken into custody involved in her disappearance. I look for further information either 10/20 or 10/21....

Just My Opinion… if all these rants about her ex-husband are true about him cheating on her while they were married, or in the process of getting a divorce, and her bitterness toward that

happening to her, it is of my opinion that she would not do this to someone else. Of course I don't know Shadow, but why suddenly would she change her view of that? I don't think she is the

type to say Do as I say, not as I do? It just doesn't seem like what she would do, with what is known online, in my opinion.

I think most people in a "normal" frame of mind would behave how you mention above, but I think she was distraught which can often cause us to do things we wouldn't normally do. Being a military wife I've seen so much infidelity and sometimes it seems way more extreme than cheating I've seen in the civilian world. I'm probably not explaining that well.

I think most people in a "normal" frame of mind would behave how you mention above, but I think she was distraught which can often cause us to do things we wouldn't normally do. Being a military wife I've seen so much infidelity and sometimes it seems way more extreme than cheating I've seen in the civilian world. I'm probably not explaining that well.

I have to agree, atothem. When I was married to my ex and he was in the Army, I witnessed SO much infidelity - by service members and some of the spouses. It was just unreal.

Fighting to stay.... IMO that was in response to staying until she was released. She wanted a clean record, discharged without cause. Still not sure why either wasn't sent to another base. Over a year of constant drama is enough to kill the spirit and make you wonder if you're going insane. I wonder if either put in for a change of base?

I ask because my brother was Air Force. He was married, and they divorced, after finding out she was having an affair with someone else on the base. That man was transferred to another base....I do not know if the adultery was held against him or not. I just know that my brother said his commanding officer said it wouldn't work with them all 3 still at the same base. And it's true. How could you focus on defending the country with all that going on? How could you do your daily job on the base with all that drama?

I'm pretty sure her ex was higher rank than she was, given that she was demoted at some point. Whether that set this whole thing in action or not, I guess we won't ever know.

Maria Lauterbach was in the military, a marine I believe, at any rate, another marine was married, and believed Maria was pregnant with his child. Rather than face that, he murdered Maria and her unborn baby. Burned them in a fire pit while he cooked above the fire for a party with friends, family, other military people! Most of what was discovered in that case, I don't believe we heard from the military. Media was given some information while they were looking for her murderer who had fled to Mexico. I do remember photos of the garage and his house and the fire pit. Still not sure how his wife didn't know someone was killed in that garage, and how she was able to help him get to Mexico, have commuications while he was AWOL, but never charged with anything... BUT, I don't remember reporters actually in the court room...anyone else remember?

This happened less than a hours drive from my house. It was so sad.

I would add to the fantastic timeline the dates that Shadow was off work. I believe I read it was four days leave. Her first day back was supposed to be that Tuesday, the same day as her court date. So she took off the preceding four days but not the day she had court??

And regarding her mom calling Shadow's work on Tuesday morning, why did she think something was wrong?

The military gets four day weekends any time there's a holiday. Labor Day? Four days off. Memorial Day? Four Days off. Freaking Columbus Day? Four days off. Sometimes they have "mandatory fun days" & that usually involves a four day weekend also. Also, your chain of command will allow you to attend court without having to take leave for it. You're not locked down. If your supervisor says you can take the day off, you can take the day off. The military is pretty rigid but it's made of people & people still have people stuff to do so this doesn't really mean anything to me.

The military gets four day weekends any time there's a holiday. Labor Day? Four days off. Memorial Day? Four Days off. Freaking Columbus Day? Four days off. Sometimes they have "mandatory fun days" & that usually involves a four day weekend also. Also, your chain of command will allow you to attend court without having to take leave for it. You're not locked down. If your supervisor says you can take the day off, you can take the day off. The military is pretty rigid but it's made of people & people still have people stuff to do so this doesn't really mean anything to me.

Yes, all true. I was a military brat and a military wife. I think I was not clear enough in what I was saying. You might get four days off, but if you get four days leave, that is different. Leave is what you request if you plan to leave the area. With the information stating that she had four days leave, I am thinking that she planned to get away and is hiding out right now.

Yes, all true. I was a military brat and a military wife. I think I was not clear enough in what I was saying. You might get four days off, but if you get four days leave, that is different. Leave is what you request if you plan to leave the area. With the information stating that she had four days leave, I am thinking that she planned to get away and is hiding out right now.

This is true. Four days leave is different.

What is odd to me is, why take Leave to house sit for a friend? I would think that a person would have "days off" to house sit for a friend, versus taking Leave to house sit.

So… if she did take Leave, did she plan to house sit for those four days, or only partially?

What else did she plan to do when she took that leave?

Is it possible that it was worded wrong and should have been stated four days off? But then again, for the word Leave to be used, someone must know what Leave means in order to use

that specific word, instead of days off….

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/35138

"She was on a 4 day leave from Fort Campbell."

Perhaps she did plan to get away, and something happened, or it snowballed and she is in hiding?

If she were "set up" I am sure it is not lost on CID and LE, imoo.

What gets me is why would someone set her up considering she had all these court dates, that frankly, in my opinion, were not in her favor...

Just My Opinion...

ETA:

I did find this :

http://www.ssi.army.mil/ncoa/AGS_SLC_ALC_REGS/AR 600-8-10.pdf

"Army Regulation 600-8-10 "

In the Chapter Two part of this link for "Policy Of Leave", "14, To Allow use of leave prior to separation."

Maybe that's why she took Leave because she would be separating from the Army soon?

IMOO.

Is the military saying she was on leave or was that what the media said? Because the media gets mixed up. A family member might have called it "leave" when it wasn't technically leave is what I'm saying.

This is true. Four days leave is different.

What is odd to me is, why take Leave to house sit for a friend? I would think that a person would have "days off" to house sit for a friend, versus taking Leave to house sit.

So… if she did take Leave, did she plan to house sit for those four days, or only partially?

What else did she plan to do when she took that leave?

Is it possible that it was worded wrong and should have been stated four days off? But then again, for the word Leave to be used, someone must know what Leave means in order to use

that specific word, instead of days off….

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/35138

"She was on a 4 day leave from Fort Campbell."

Perhaps she did plan to get away, and something happened, or it snowballed and she is in hiding?

If she were "set up" I am sure it is not lost on CID and LE, imoo.

What gets me is why would someone set her up considering she had all these court dates, that frankly, in my opinion, were not in her favor...

Just My Opinion...

ETA:

I did find this :

http://www.ssi.army.mil/ncoa/AGS_SLC_ALC_REGS/AR 600-8-10.pdf

"Army Regulation 600-8-10 "

In the Chapter Two part of this link for "Policy Of Leave", "14, To Allow use of leave prior to separation."

Maybe that's why she took Leave because she would be separating from the Army soon?

IMOO.

She could have been on a four day pass which isn't leave. It's typical to say "on a four day pass" rather than "on a four day leave". Somebody somewhat but not totally informed about the difference may have incorrectly said leave.

Is the military saying she was on leave or was that what the media said? Because the media gets mixed up. A family member might have called it "leave" when it wasn't technically leave is what I'm saying.

She could have been on a four day pass which isn't leave. It's typical to say "on a four day pass" rather than "on a four day leave". Somebody somewhat but not totally informed about the difference may have incorrectly said leave.

Right and good points. I don't think the military has told media anything about if it was leave or pass or days off. I didn't know there was a difference between the terms. A reporter or family member might not know either. I'll have to look up what the news actually said. forgive me if I used the wrong word.

Its been 17 days since Shadow was in the MSM :(

Apologies for using the wrong word. I cannot find any articles that reference she was "on leave" the majority just say she did not report for duty. Here is a sample of what I found (I read almost every article again) BBM:

A rep for Fort Campbell said Shadow did not report to post as scheduled Tuesday.
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/33076601/family-searches-for-missing-fort-campbell-soldier

This article called it a 4 day weekend:
On Sept. 6, Wegrzyn contacted officials at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, where her daughter holds the rank of private first class. Officials there said McClaine failed to report for duty that day, which was to be her first day back following a four-day Labor Day weekend.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shadow-branice-mcclaine-missing_us_57ec396ae4b024a52d2cbada

The Army press release just says she did not report for duty:
The United States Army wrote in a press release:

"Special Agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, commonly referred to as CID, are seeking information on the whereabouts of PFC Shadow Branice McClaine (also known as Branice Willis).

The Soldier did not report for duty at Fort Campbell, Kentucky on 6 Sep 2016. McClaine's 2013, 2-door, silver, Hyundai Elantra was located Tuesday in a downtown Nashville private parking lot with the assistance of the Metro Nashville Police Department.
http://wgnsradio.com/search-expands-for-missing-army-soldier-in-tennessee--cms-35099

"I called the base that Tuesday morning and told them I needed to speak with her immediately, because of a family emergency. And one of the lieutenants there told me she didn't show up for her shift," London said. "It just confirmed my initial suspicions were correct -- that something was wrong."
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...rmont-teen-autumn-sanville-may-now-be-n667836

McClaine’s mother said she hasn’t heard from her since Sept. 2. She didn’t report for duty on Sept. 6.

U.S. Army Private First Class Shadow Branice McClaine, 25, was reported missing on September 6 when she did not show up for duty at Fort Campbell military base in Kentucky.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-McClaine-s-car-Nashville.html#ixzz4NfglItvh

Shadow McClaine has been missing since September 2.

Authorities were notified four days later when she didn’t show up for duty.
http://wkrn.com/2016/09/16/vigil-planned-for-missing-fort-campbell-soldier/

Master Sgt. Kevin Doheny, spokesman for the 101st Airborne Division, said McClaine is considered AWOL
http://www.abc10.com/news/local/cal...om-yuba-city-faces-stalking-charges/318919827

McCliane was supposed to house sit for a friend in Clarksville, KY for the weekend but never showed up. She also never reported for duty after the weekend ended.
http://popularmilitary.com/army-cid-investigating-disappearance-101st-airborne-soldier/

I tend to wonder, that Shadow had enough leave time, that perhaps she did take a four day "leave". So I am thinking "Leave" might be what she did have after all...

Just My Opinion.

I've read articles that say Shadow never showed up to house sit. Then I've read that there were signs she had been to the house, including her stating she stepped in dog poo.

Which is it?

I've read articles that say Shadow never showed up to house sit. Then I've read that there were signs she had been to the house, including her stating she stepped in dog poo.

Which is it?

The dog poo comment was from one of her social media posts. The house sitting was not mentioned in very many articles. I'll see if I can dig up the exact quotes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back