GUILTY KY - Sheena Baxter, 32, Scott Co, 14 Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Posted: Mon 11:35 AM, Mar 02, 2020 | Updated: Mon 3:31 PM, Mar 02, 2020
Man accused of killing Sheena Baxter appears in court
[...]

As standard procedure in cases involving felony charges, a not guilty plea was entered on Hicks' behalf.

[...]

Before police found Baxter's body, Joseph Hicks had a $100,000 bond. After her body was found, his bond was raised to $1 million cash. The judge decided Monday to keep the bond the same.

Hicks is due back in court in June for a status hearing.

Last edited:
Do we know the cause of death yet? I googled but found nothing myself, however, that could just be my sleuthing skills. :confused:
We can’t discuss COD, News not reporting on COD at this time. JH returns to court in June for a status hearing, so he might as well settle in & get comfie. They are not even saying her date oF death with certainty.

Hicks enters not guilty plea in murder of Sheena Baxter
Hicks enters not guilty plea in murder of Sheena Baxter

Last edited:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courier-journal.com/amp/488994400

Police: Missing Kentucky woman's ex-boyfriend indicted, remains a...

Body found at storage unit is missing Kentucky woman, police confirm

ASSOCIATED PRESS | COURIER JOURNAL | 6:57 am EST February 27, 2020

90965eb9-f226-40c8-9767-abaca7ea2b96-AJ4T9921.jpg

Let us answer your questions about Crime Stoppers, the citizen-driven crime reporting program.
NIKKI BOLIAUX, LOUISVILLE COURIER JOURNAL

GEORGETOWN, Ky. (AP) — A body found at a Kentucky storage facility was that of a missing woman whose boyfriend was charged with her murder, authorities confirmed Wednesday.

An autopsy at the Frankfort Medical Examiners office confirmed 32-year-old Sheena Baxter’s remains were found at a storage unit in Richmond Tuesday, news outlets reported. A cause of death wasn’t immediately released.

A Scott County grand jury indicted Baxter’s ex-boyfriend Joseph Hicks on robbery and murder charges in her death Tuesday.

Baxter was last seen on Valentine’s Day at her sister’s home

——
We need to move her Missing media thread to the Located media ...

All that links is what I posted above. I guess because I don’t have online subscription. Idk. If you click on “news”, you will get to News Graphic.
I can’t even read the online, I read my print edition.

Her birthday is Friday :( I will donate money to a domestic abuse charity in her honor. This site gets me so darn sad and helpless sometimes. I have decided every time a case I follow ends in death I will donate to a charity that seems fitting....

Not guilty...what a pig to put the family through that. Not just take away their loved ones life but then to put this bologna story out there?? Ugh!!

Her birthday is Friday :( I will donate money to a domestic abuse charity in her honor. This site gets me so darn sad and helpless sometimes. I have decided every time a case I follow ends in death I will donate to a charity that seems fitting....

Not guilty...what a pig to put the family through that. Not just take away their loved ones life but then to put this bologna story out there?? Ugh!!
What a kind and generous thing to do, bless you!
t4518.gif

This is so heartbreaking. Another young woman murdered by ex-boyfriend, current boyfriend, husband, ex-husband and on and on. I'll never understand this.

From all these cases, it appears, once the relationship has snags, women should consider leaving.
Also, often, the leaving may cause further problems.
Forgiving, 'things will improve', and trying to make it work through problems, may have a horrid outcome.
Many may state their relationship improved over time, and certainly feelings are involved, BUT look at these ugly cases.
I guess, women don't think they will be another statistic.

Domestic violence is a major issue.
MOO.

To be honest, it was too soon for any type of a deal, so it was expected he’d plead NG. Seems to be a snarl or two, also. Reports claim Sheena died on or about Vday, where & how?
Of course JH has now realized his new life is quite dif’ than the freedom he enjoyed.....which is a good thing! He’ll enjoy a long hot summer, if not two, in an overcrowded county jail.

From all these cases, it appears, once the relationship has snags, women should consider leaving.
Also, often, the leaving may cause further problems.
Forgiving, 'things will improve', and trying to make it work through problems, may have a horrid outcome.
Many may state their relationship improved over time, and certainly feelings are involved, BUT look at these ugly cases.
I guess, women don't think they will be another statistic.

Domestic violence is a major issue.
MOO.
If only......but so often they (women) won’t, they stay involved for a host of reasons.

APR 10, 2020
Accused murderer cites COVID-19 concern as reason to leave jail
[...]

Joseph Hicks' attorney filed a motion for an emergency bond reduction. In the motion, it stated Hicks could be at risk of infection from COVID-19 since he is in jail where the virus could spread. He asked if Hicks could be released on home incarceration with an ankle monitor.

Scott County Circuit Judge Jeremy Mattox denied the request.

[...]

KYeCourts - Login
HICKS, JOSEPH E (D)

• SCOTT : 20-CR-00076
COMMONWEALTH VS. HICKS, JOSEPH E
Next STATUS HEARING is scheduled for 06/28/2021 at 1:00 PM in room C

Typical...Only values human life so far as its his own. He killed someone, but we should take his fears seriously that he might die in jail.
Hasn't he been incarcerated since March? Why just ask now? Are these concerns new? If he is at-risk, he was at-risk in March. I'm guessing that a good chunk of people incarcerated right now are at-risk for COVID, not everyone can be put on house arrest. Murderers can't be put on house arrest, deal with it, wear a mask.

Hasn't he been incarcerated since March? Why just ask now? Are these concerns new? If he is at-risk, he was at-risk in March. I'm guessing that a good chunk of people incarcerated right now are at-risk for COVID, not everyone can be put on house arrest. Murderers can't be put on house arrest, deal with it, wear a mask.
Yes, and the bond reduction was requested in April.
Yup it sucks there in the county facility !! Probably really close quarters...waaaahhhh MOO
LOL. :p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back