KY - Tommy Ballard, 54, shot to death, Nelson County, 19 Nov 2016

• Thread starter Deleted member 158085
  • Start date
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brooks Houck's grandmothers home was searched and one of the items they took was a reloader. Since they haven't found Crystal it's assumed it's related to Tommys case. Also Brooks new girlfriend, also named Crystal, was arrested for tearing down the Prayers for Crystal signs.

Computer is broken and I'm not good at using the net, let alone providing links, from my crappy phone.

There's going to be a series of several shows about the Nelson Co unsolved murders on NBC or MSNBC sometime in the future. Either a mini-series type thing or a few episodes of Dateline or something like that.
I saw it in the local paper (KY Standard) in the past couple weeks. They want you to subscribe to read their stories, but I'm sure there are other websites that have something about it.

Reactions: Emi
The Bardstown Police Department has made an arrest in a 3-year-old murder case.

In June 2016, officials found Michael Unseld, 61, suffering from gunshot wounds inside his home in the 700 block of West Stephen Foster Avenue.

Unseld was transported to the hospital, where he later died.

Police arrested Robert Tate on Friday on a first-degree murder charge.

Unseld's daughter said she was in Walmart when detectives called to inform her of the arrest. She said that she stopped and started crying in the store.

Unseld's son, Michael, said he found out about the arrest via Facebook, as friends were messaging him the news that was posted on the police department's page.

"My world stopped. Everything just froze in time. It was like almost a dream. I had to pinch myself to make sure it was true," he said.

The family said they plan on being in the courtroom every day when the case goes to trial.
Police charge man in connection with 3-year-old Bardstown murder case

The Bardstown Police Department has made an arrest in a 3-year-old murder case.

In June 2016, officials found Michael Unseld, 61, suffering from gunshot wounds inside his home in the 700 block of West Stephen Foster Avenue.

Unseld was transported to the hospital, where he later died.

Police arrested Robert Tate on Friday on a first-degree murder charge.

Unseld's daughter said she was in Walmart when detectives called to inform her of the arrest. She said that she stopped and started crying in the store.

Unseld's son, Michael, said he found out about the arrest via Facebook, as friends were messaging him the news that was posted on the police department's page.

"My world stopped. Everything just froze in time. It was like almost a dream. I had to pinch myself to make sure it was true," he said.

The family said they plan on being in the courtroom every day when the case goes to trial.
Police charge man in connection with 3-year-old Bardstown murder case
I’m lost. What does this have to do with Tommy Ballard?

Being this is the first post I've made I sure hope this is in line with the discussion. I grew up on Pottershop Road and know the area, and that field quite well as my grandfather had leased it for many years in the 90's.

Growing up I have hunted in that exact field and woods many, many times. What I can say from knowing that field and area is that it would be highly unlikely that was a stray bullet. That field sits quite a bit lower than the Bluegrass Parkway and to me rules out anything coming from adjacent fields on Ed Brent road, or around the other side of the parkway. Those woods have open fields before going into the treeline which doesn't take long before it drops off into a steeper valley like area. Being that dropoff doesn't take long I can't imagine a hunter was coming from out of the woods and would have shot into that backdrop of that field. Especially if they know the area because everyone knows houses surround the field if you are coming out of it if that makes sense.

I just know being in those woods for years hunting squirrel and deer I have never shot from the woods into the field because I knew people lived around the area, and as a hunter its hard to think someone would be so careless.

What is also crazy to think about is that someone is so bold they would just assassinate someone with a high profile like Tommy knowing this would receive a high degree of public attention. To me, this would have to be someone who either truly wanted to stop Tommy or someone who may have been motivated by money to stop Tommy from pursuing this case any further. Both are hard to imagine and it is truly a hard crime to solve. I don't know if we will ever see justice just based on the track record of hard to solve crimes in our town. Of all the cases believed to have been connected, I think Tommy and Crystal are the only ones that I would speculate are connected. I just can't seem to draw lines between the Ellis and Netherland murders and these two cases of Tommy and Crystal.

I hope my thoughts were coherent and made sense but I felt compelled to post as I know those woods and those fields well since I grew up on Cliffwood Drive literally right beside that field. If you know those fields you are not shooting from the woods into that field.

This is a must read for anyone interested in the 5 unsolved murders in Bardstown; Jason Ellis, Kathy Netherland, Samantha Netherland, Crystal Rogers and Tommy Ballard. Get a drink and settle in as it is a long read but very interesting and contains a lot a good pictures and court records.

CHAPTER ONE
The Most Beautiful Small Town in America
Bardstown is like a lot of small, tight-knit communities all across the country. It’s beautiful and bucolic. It is about family. It’s home.

This is a southern story.

It is also a tale of a community crippled by fear and violence and one with buried secrets - where towns folk sometimes whisper about who might be to blame.

Who’s responsible for killing a cop, a mother and daughter, a young mother and then her father? Could the cases be connected? Should the residents in the most beautiful small town be afraid? And if so, of what?

What’s going on in Bardstown?

Bardstown Podcast | bardstownpodcast.com

This is a must read for anyone interested in the 5 unsolved murders in Bardstown; Jason Ellis, Kathy Netherland, Samantha Netherland, Crystal Rogers and Tommy Ballard. Get a drink and settle in as it is a long read but very interesting and contains a lot a good pictures and court records.

CHAPTER ONE
The Most Beautiful Small Town in America
Bardstown is like a lot of small, tight-knit communities all across the country. It’s beautiful and bucolic. It is about family. It’s home.

This is a southern story.

It is also a tale of a community crippled by fear and violence and one with buried secrets - where towns folk sometimes whisper about who might be to blame.

Who’s responsible for killing a cop, a mother and daughter, a young mother and then her father? Could the cases be connected? Should the residents in the most beautiful small town be afraid? And if so, of what?

What’s going on in Bardstown?

Bardstown Podcast | bardstownpodcast.com

Thank you, that was an excellent read!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member