GUILTY KY - Trey Zwicker, 14, beaten to death, Louisville, 11 May 2011 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what to think but I can't see JG pleading guilty to help his son. He is not that kind of man. JMO

Don't know what to think but I can't see JG pleading guilty to help his son. He is not that kind of man. JMO

I agree. I did notice that he ran his mouth enough in prison that he would be going up for complicity in the murder no matter what, though. He knew he was going down. I think it's easy to be 'gracious' if all other things remain the same and you get to look good/help your son.

I wouldn't put it past him to think they could pull a confession switcheroo thing like some of y'all have suggested, either. He may think he's being very clever.

Every time I read this article it still blows my mind how people can be so downright evil. It is shocking how someone can be capable of such cruel and sadistic acts against defenseless animals. But the thought of someone actually filming it while it was happening and laughing about it seems just as evil.

His sentence included two counts of animal torture for beating a dog to death with a bat and throwing a cat out of a second-story window. Gouker beat the puppy while Joshua Young filmed it, laughing, said Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Elizabeth Jones Brown.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...1/Joshua-Gouker-sentenced-life-murder-stepson

I have been looking around for more articles and ran across this one.

I wonder who this person could be that is mentioned in this article? Do you think they will testify and the recording will be introduced?

A month after the interview, Gouker took Young to Alabama. After ending up in an Alabama jail, Gouker's phone conversations about Zwicker's murder and his son Josh's possible involvement, were recorded.

Gouker told a caller of his son Josh's hatred of Zwicker, " He just hated him and he was just jealous of him, so he killed him.

A female caller says, "That doesn't sound like Josh." Gouker answers, "You won't imagine how he did it." The woman replies, " I thought I heard your mom say something about a bat but, I'm not sure, was it a bat?" Gouker answers, " Yeah, whack after whack."

http://www.wave3.com/story/18404488/new-discovery-released-in-trey-zwicker-murder

http://www.wave3.com/story/18404488/new-discovery-released-in-trey-zwicker-murder

I have been looking around for more articles and ran across this one.

I wonder who this person could be that is mentioned in this article? Do you think they will testify and the recording will be introduced?

A month after the interview, Gouker took Young to Alabama. After ending up in an Alabama jail, Gouker's phone conversations about Zwicker's murder and his son Josh's possible involvement, were recorded.

Gouker told a caller of his son Josh's hatred of Zwicker, " He just hated him and he was just jealous of him, so he killed him.

A female caller says, "That doesn't sound like Josh." Gouker answers, "You won't imagine how he did it." The woman replies, " I thought I heard your mom say something about a bat but, I'm not sure, was it a bat?" Gouker answers, " Yeah, whack after whack."

Nice find! I haven't seen this before. I hope it is introduced and hope they testify! Wonder when Daddy will take the stand?

I'm like most others on here on this case - confused.

Here's my thoughts: So far it's been all Gouker, Gouker, Gouker...are they ever going to get to Josh Young...or is the jury gonna forget why they are there in the first place??

If Amanda is telling the truth, Gouker seemed to be fast asleep (snoring) at 1 or 1:30...if he had a plan to kill Trey, why would he fall asleep? Wouldn't he just pretend and wait until Amanda was asleep to go through with his plan?

I'm worried the jury won't find Amanda completely believable and will think she had a part in all this and become so confused with family dysfunction a la the Anthony's. I think it's just her personality, but sometimes she seemed to be deliberately not saying something when she would say "I don't recall."

I think Josh killed Trey by himself to get revenge for his Dad for Amanda's abortion. He knew his Dad was upset about the abortion, and this was his way of "supporting" his dad or impressing him. Also, everyone says Gouker didn't like Trey, probably didn't like the attention Amanda gave him. Josh Young knew this.

I think Josh Young killed him, panicked, and came home and woke up his Dad, and Dad hatched a cover-up plan. I think Gouker really is covering for Josh.

I'm afraid Gouker's confession and all the family dysfunction is gonna put reasonable doubt about Josh Young, and he will get off.

Nice find! I haven't seen this before. I hope it is introduced and hope they testify! Wonder when Daddy will take the stand?

Thank you.

I also found this part compelling.

" I thought I heard your mom say something about a bat but, I'm not sure, was it a bat?" Gouker answers, " Yeah, whack after whack."

It seems to imply that JGs mom already knew about JY murdering Trey with a bat. Is the mom still alive?

I wonder how many of them knew this before the arrest and just stayed quiet.

imo

Good morning peoples!

I am still wondering about motives. I don't believe that 'now we're even' talk from JG. If he was that incensed about the abortion and revenge I would think he would have planned something from the moment he was released from jail unless he planned on using his son, JY, to kill Trey.

Is there anything like the 3 strikes you're out in this State? Maybe JG thought he was going to be incarcerated for a long time and decided to take the rap for his son? Maybe JG isn't as tough as he wants the world to think he is. Why didn't he get rid of the kidnapped woman? He had just killed a 14 year old kid right? What did he have to lose?

I've heard some awful things about joining a gang. One being you had to kill someone to become a real member of the gang. JY disliked Trey anyhow, maybe he wanted to impress his dad and become a gang member, just like him, so he lured and ambushed Trey.

The more I understand about the dynamics of this father and son relationship the more I lean towards believing that the 'real' Josh Young is the one who beat his stepbrother to death and drove out of State with his dad just like a pair of outlaw fugitives.

The State hasn't presented it's entire case. I think the 'real' Josh Young will become more fully fleshed out when they do.

Is Josh Young's chair about four inches lower than his legal teams ala Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias?

Is the kidnapped woman? Going to talk about what JY said about killing Trey.

Just logged on to live stream and everyone is just sitting there. What's going on?

(Good Monday morning, friends!)

Come one court get it together these ear shattering side bars are for the birds.

Court forgot the witness. hahahahahaha

The sound is really bad for me today so I will just be following along here. Thanks in advance for any and all updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot