Kyle Clifford: Wanted in connection with triple murder in Bushey, 3 women murdered in home, 9th July 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kyle Clifford, who was wanted following the deaths of three women in Bushey, is in a serious condition in hospital and yet to speak to officers, Hertfordshire Police said.

No previous reports had been made to Hertfordshire Police involving suspect Kyle Clifford or the women who died in Bushey on Wednesday, the force said in a press release

A crossbow has been recovered by Hertfordshire Police as part of the investigation into the deaths of Carol, Louise and Hannah Hunt, the force added.

Regarding the practicality of shooting himself with the crossbow; I spent some years in an archery club growing up, and did interact with crossbows as well as bows. Some styles of crossbow have a sort of lever to discharge them rather than a trigger; it would be very possible to easily fire it at yourself in that instance. And only slightly more difficult if it was a standard gun-style trigger. Once the bolt is loaded, it doesn't take much for them to discharge.
This image below is a very old crossbow but you can see the lever system I mean, that is replicated on some newer ones too. Even the trigger style one below would be very easy to shoot at yourself if you wanted to.

rgd3idshq7w01.jpg
51As5vHLu1L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I agree with the other commenters that perhaps he was on the run, and then as LE closed in he tried to take the 'easy' way out, but was apprehended in the process/before the wounds caused fatality.
Stikes me that killing yourself with your own crossbow is no easy thing. It's an unwieldy looking weapon, the trigger is in the wrong place if you're pointing it at yourself, and, unlike a shotgun cartridge, the projectile doesn't spread out, so you would need to be very accurate to hit something vital enough to kill yourself instantly.

It wouldn't suprise me if all he's managed to do is pin himself to a tree.

Stikes me that killing yourself with your own crossbow is no easy thing. It's an unwieldy looking weapon, the trigger is in the wrong place if you're pointing it at yourself, and, unlike a shotgun cartridge, the projectile doesn't spread out, so you would need to be very accurate to hit something vital enough to kill yourself instantly.

It wouldn't suprise me if all he's managed to do is pin himself to a tree.
Oh I completely agree with you - I was just making the point that it is very easy to shoot yourself and seriously injure yourself with a crossbow - but to actually effectively kill yourself instantly with a single crossbow bolt is an entirely different matter.

Oh I completely agree with you - I was just making the point that it is very easy to shoot yourself and seriously injure yourself with a crossbow - but to actually effectively kill yourself instantly with a single crossbow bolt is an entirely different matter.

I'm wondering if he was angling for so called "suicide by cops".

But Police were acting professionally and, in the end, he decided to injure/kill himself.
But ineffectively.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca