Kyle Clifford: Wanted in connection with triple murder in Bushey, 3 women murdered in home, 9th July 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully the sentence will be so high that the small reduction given for a guilty plea will not overly affect the length of prison time.
I would say a whole of life might be considered here, but sadly, as most of us know, it will not be allowed.
There will be the usual, no prior convictions, mitigation.

"In cases such as a carefully planned murder of two or more people, or a murder committed by an offender who
had already been convicted of murder the starting point for an offender aged 21 or over is a whole life tariff."

I think there will probably be aggravating factors here as well - mental/physical suffering before death and premeditation.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-Murder-sentencing-leaflet-for-web1.pdf

It was a well planned and exceptionally cruel (and from the sounds of it, prolonged) attack that ended the lives of 3 women. I will be shocked if he doesn't get a whole life order. I think there would be uproar if he didn't.

"In cases such as a carefully planned murder of two or more people, or a murder committed by an offender who
had already been convicted of murder the starting point for an offender aged 21 or over is a whole life tariff."

I think there will probably be aggravating factors here as well - mental/physical suffering before death and premeditation.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-Murder-sentencing-leaflet-for-web1.pdf
Agreed, whoever is found guilty of this crime will almost certainly be spending the rest of their lives behind bars. In the extremely unlikely event they don't, they would certainly not qualify for release after only 40% time served.

Agreed, whoever is found guilty of this crime will almost certainly be spending the rest of their lives behind bars. In the extremely unlikely event they don't, they would certainly not qualify for release after only 40% time served.

They might try to go down the mental disorder route?

Clearly, this crime falls well within the scope of a whole life tariff, with precious little by way of mitigating factors to take it any lower that we know of. Perhaps his defence barrister will advise him that the only way to avoid dying in jail will be a guilty plea.

That, or they try to argue insanity.

I think it's going to be very hard to plead mental health or insanity here. The murders were clearly premeditated and it's been suggested there was torture involved. Obviously we won't know the details until the trial, unless he pleads guilty of course. I really can't see any mitigating circumstances having much of an impact on sentencing. All moo.

Clearly, this crime falls well within the scope of a whole life tariff, with precious little by way of mitigating factors to take it any lower that we know of. Perhaps his defence barrister will advise him that the only way to avoid dying in jail will be a guilty plea.

That, or they try to argue insanity.

Re Insanity

- What was his job?

- Was he able to hold the job/s for long periods of time?

- Was he undergoing some psychiatric /psychological treatments?

- What is his psychological profile?

- Was he involved in Domestic Abuse before?

- Did he suffer from confusion and disorientation before?

- Did he suffer from bizarre or unusual thinking?

- Did he withdraw from family, friends and others?

- Did he engage in destructive or high-risk behaviour?

- Did he suffer from hallucinations?

Etc., etc.

And so on...
And so forth...

Insanity symptoms must be documented.

It is not Eureka moment,
"Your Honour
My client is...umm...
Insane!"
:rolleyes:

JMO

Last edited: