Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if she told all she knows or not. What we do know is that the police who were actively searching for her missing stepson weren't done asking her questions when she clammed up. LE was still in the very early stages of an active investigation to find a missing child - her own stepson - when Terri Horman stopped cooperating. LE was still amassing new witnesses and new testimony from others at the school and on the roads the day Kyron vanished - in order to find Kyron at a stage when (if alive) he could still be saved, and (if deceased) his body had a better chance of being found - when Terri Horman chose to stop cooperating. She knew she was the most important witness, being the last family member to have seen him at the most crucial time of the day he vanished, and she backed out of the investigation, no more help for the people trying to find/save her stepson, no more searching for a missing child, no more contribution to the investigation.

How likely is it that the innocent parent of a missing, possibly kidnapped, possibly murdered little kid decide they were all done looking for him within weeks because after a few conversations with police they couldn't think of anything more they could contribute and so they were done participating in the search?

I imagine the reason she stopped cooperating was because it had become obvious that LE were busy painting a bulls eye on her back. Under those circumstances anyone who continued talking to them would basically be tying their own noose, you would have to be pretty stupid to do that.

And yes, if you were in that situation you would stop talking as well. Being innocent is not enough, once LE have decided that you are "it" you are in serious trouble, your innocence will not protect you.

She has made herself look guilty.

Somer Thompson's mother was felt by many to be guilty. She did not care. She kept on fighting for her child.

"Although Mother's involvement with Kiara should remain supervised until she is available to participate in direct assessment of her psychological functioning and parenting capacity, her access may extend to community visits if the arrangement is in Kiara's best interests,'' the settlement says."

So Terri has to have a psych test huh, before consideration for unsupervised visits? That's the way I read it and apparently she hasn't made herself available for it so far. Based on my opinion only that doesn't surprise me at all.

I imagine the reason she stopped cooperating was because it had become obvious that LE were busy painting a bulls eye on her back. Under those circumstances anyone who continued talking to them would basically be tying their own noose, you would have to be pretty stupid to do that.

And yes, if you were in that situation you would stop talking as well. Being innocent is not enough, once LE have decided that you are "it" you are in serious trouble, your innocence will not protect you.

I'm with you. But to play devil's advocate, if there was specific information LE was seeking to exonerate her, she did have the opportunity to pass that information through her lawyer. She could have been more engaged in the search, as well.

It's hard to say, not knowing what information LE has and how they interacted with her. She certainly behaved in some ways that cast doubt on her. But in other ways, it did seem like LE focused on her (rightfully or wrongly) very quickly.

I just wish Kyron would be found. It feels like, without him, this case will never be solved.

I was watching Forensic Files about a woman who had to prove herself that her husband was innocent of murder - and she did it! It reminds me of Desiree's resolve to find Kyron, even if she has to do it herself.

Desiree Young, Kyron Horman's biological mother, said her mission is to keep the pressure on Terri Horman by sharing new details about the case, and she shared these new details without the blessing of investigators.

"They might be upset with me. And you know, I would like them to sit in my shoes and walk the walk and be here four years later," she said.
In the days following the 2010 disappearance of the 7-year-old boy after a school science fair, both sets of Kyron Horman's parents took polygraph tests.

Young said her polygraph session started with these four questions:

• Do you know where Kyron Horman is?
  • Were you with Kyron after 8:45 in the morning?
  • Do you have direct involvement or any indirect knowledge of Kyron's kidnapping?
  • And again, do you know where Kyron Horman is?
Young said Terri Horman "failed a lot of questions that they asked her," and that she failed three polygraph tests, each nearly 10 hours long.

"She was saying what her response was and trying to justify what her timeline was and trying to justify why she failed that question," Young said. "That is a glaring example of someone who's guilty."

http://www.kptv.com/story/25691574/...he-still-hasnt-told-us-where-she-was-that-day

I was watching Forensic Files about a woman who had to prove herself that her husband was innocent of murder - and she did it! It reminds me of Desiree's resolve to find Kyron, even if she has to do it herself.

If anyone can do it, Desiree can. That woman has been to he!! and back, she will never give up or let the public forget about Kyron. That strikes a deep chord in me and as a parent, I identify with her frustration at LE. Is four years cold case status?

Desiree says the MCSO has refused outside help, MCSO says that is not true? I'd like to know the details behind the "she said, he said".

I'm glad to hear that. But I am always working on my ability to communicate and explain. It's a necessity in my business! And I know I can improve.

Just catching up on this thread. Your explanation worked just fine for me. Excellent as always!!

To resolve this case, they need to put the spotlight on Dede Spicher.
she will eventually tell,IMO.

opinion only.

To resolve this case, they need to put the spotlight on Dede Spicher.
she will eventually tell,IMO.
opinion only.

Dede says she's got immunity, so it's possible that she will finally shed some more light on this case.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Dede-Spicher-terri-horman-kyron-immunity-222430021.html

http://www.kptv.com/story/23343156/dede-spicher-breaks-silence-with-interview-on-crime-blog

At least she might answer more questions than she did in 2012 when she invoked her 5th Amendment rights 142 times in a civil lawsuit.

http://search.kval.com/default.aspx?ct=r&q="Kyron+Horman"

For instance, when asked if she knew that Kyron had disappeared, Dede invoked her rights. "Spicher even declined to identify a photo of Terri Horman, or whether she knew Terri Horman's husband, Kaine Horman, Young, or had ever met Kyron."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/10/terri_hormans_friend_dede_spic.html

Perhaps now that she has immunity, she'll no longer have an excuse not to say in open court what she is quoted as saying in the 08/18/2010 edition of People Magazine.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413793,00.html

And, hopefully, much more.

Desiree Young, Kyron Horman's biological mother, said her mission is to keep the pressure on Terri Horman by sharing new details about the case, and she shared these new details without the blessing of investigators.

"They might be upset with me. And you know, I would like them to sit in my shoes and walk the walk and be here four years later," she said.
In the days following the 2010 disappearance of the 7-year-old boy after a school science fair, both sets of Kyron Horman's parents took polygraph tests.

Young said her polygraph session started with these four questions:

• Do you know where Kyron Horman is?
  • Were you with Kyron after 8:45 in the morning?
  • Do you have direct involvement or any indirect knowledge of Kyron's kidnapping?
  • And again, do you know where Kyron Horman is?
Young said Terri Horman "failed a lot of questions that they asked her," and that she failed three polygraph tests, each nearly 10 hours long.

"She was saying what her response was and trying to justify what her timeline was and trying to justify why she failed that question," Young said. "That is a glaring example of someone who's guilty."

http://www.kptv.com/story/25691574/...he-still-hasnt-told-us-where-she-was-that-day

LE don't disclose the results of polygraphs with other people, so how would she know?

Doubtful any LDT would last ten hours,let alone three.

Yeah, I'm skeptical of this new information about the polygraphs. They seem inordinately long, and I'm surprised LE would detail this information with Desiree. Even LE know that polygraphs can be passed/failed to a certain margin of error, and that's why they're not admissible in court. I'm assuming here, but I'd think LE wouldn't share such detailed info, because so many people assume that polygraphs are 100% accurate and could raise false hopes or suspicions.

Very odd, particularly if LE did tell Desiree and asked her not to share. Her husband is LE - I would think she'd realize that sometimes these things need to be kept quiet to preserve the integrity of the investigation.

"Although Mother's involvement with Kiara should remain supervised until she is available to participate in direct assessment of her psychological functioning and parenting capacity, her access may extend to community visits if the arrangement is in Kiara's best interests,'' the settlement says."

So Terri has to have a psych test huh, before consideration for unsupervised visits? That's the way I read it and apparently she hasn't made herself available for it so far. Based on my opinion only that doesn't surprise me at all.

That's correct. The court has said from the beginning that unless she cooperates with the psyc testing she won't be allowed unsupervised visits. It was TH's choice to have such little contact with her daughter, which is baffling to me as a mother. It implies she thinks a psychiatric evaluation might incriminate her somehow.

LE don't disclose the results of polygraphs with other people, so how would she know?

Didn't Terri say so herself right from the start? IIRC we were told early on that she was venting about failing her polygraphs to the family for some time until the communication lines broke down.

Edit: Yes.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_describes_how_ter.html
From 2010:

Q: Can you describe how Terri Horman handled the polygraph requests? I believe you have said to others that Terri walked out of a second polygraph, and then waited about 10 days before taking a third? Can you clarify this for us?

A: She fully cooperated and took the first polygraph then subsequently vented her failed results to all family, friends, and law enforcement at the house. A few days later she cooperated and went to take a second polygraph test but got up and walked out before the machine portion of the test could be administered... again by her own statement to family, friends, and law enforcement at the house ...She continually pushed back and refused to repeat the second test for several days (approx. 8-10) before going to take the test and then once again coming back to the house and venting to all listeners.

Doubtful any LDT would last ten hours,let alone three.

I don't think a polygraph examination would take ten hours either but no doubt LE wanted to talk to her a lot at the time. Maybe the figure includes other questioning that took place the same day?

I don't think a polygraph examination would take ten hours either but no doubt LE wanted to talk to her a lot at the time. Maybe the figure includes other questioning that took place the same day?

Agreed, or, possibly, that figure could be based on what TH said while she was venting. Maybe TH was exaggerating and making a play for to gain sympathy from people who were viewing her with suspicion. Perhaps she trying to show how them how much she was trying to be helpful in the search.

Or maybe TH had been gone from home for that long and, in a preemptive move, was offering an explanation for why her absence had been so lengthy and where she had been before anyone could ask her. TH could have gone to someone to help prepare her for the questioning, and/or could have gone to someone to debrief after her experience. Or, she could have gone over her route the day of the disappearance to make sure she had all the details in her mind for the next polygraph appointment. At any rate, saying she was being questioned for ten hours might ward off anyone digging into where she had actually been during that time.

And, of course, there's the possibility that Desiree was remembering incorrectly or was exaggerating herself. It might be her hope that by putting out that information regarding TH, that conversations like this might take place, memories would be jogged and someone would remember a detail that could lead to finding her son.

Desiree might see her job now as keeping the spotlight on TH and her associates, and making statements like this to the press will certainly ramp up public interest. IMO

Obviously this is all just speculation on my part.

God bless dear Desiree, and keep her strong for the home stretch.

You'd have to be "stupid" to contribute to an investigation to save the life or recover the body of a young missing child? Well thank god 99% of the parents of missing children are "stupid" enough to value their children enough to contribute to the investigations.

And nope, if I were innocent I most certainly would not value my own very hypothetical and vaguely projected legal neck (since, you know, there haven't been charges, all "threats" are completely hypothetical) more than I valued the life and/or discovery of the fate of a child. I'd assume that as one of the KEY witnesses, my information could do nothing more than contribute to proof of my innocence. The more information I could give, the more proof LE would have of both my innocence and the possible identity of the guilty person. After all, if I were innocent I would assume there was evidence out there that there is a crazed child snatcher in the small community. I would be terrified for my daughter - who would be about to start school. Surely I'd want to protect my daughter from the kidnapper/killer on the loose? Surely I would be desperate to let someone know that there is a kidnapper preying on young children who has not yet been caught?

Surely, if Terri were innocent, she would know that the bullseye on her small daughter's back for the lurking, un-caught child predator who snatched her stepson is more real than the hypothetical legal bullseye on her own back, right? I mean the legal threats against Terri have never come to pass, 4 years later. Whereas the child predator has struck once and that kind of predator doesn't just stop - they reoffend. And now her vulnerable daughter is walking around unprotected. Kaine believes Terri is the predator and she's not allowed to come near her daughter, so how watchful would he be of their 5 year old, thinking the only predator around has been contained? So innocent-Terri must want to scream from the rooftops to protect her child from the predator she knows must be lurking in the shadows, right?

See - the problem with innocent-Terri scenario is that an innocent Terri would be one of the few people who "know" that there's a child predator on the loose, and yet she doesn't really seem to be doing anything - even through back-channels as far as we know - to warn the community or help steer the investigation. 4 years later, and no legal action has taken place. She's even going to get to write letters to her daughter. The danger to Terri seems to have passed. So an innocent-Terri will surely now step up to the plate to clear her name and help find the predator lurking in their small community. Any time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viclime23