Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that Kyron's friend tanner had said that he saw Kyron after TH left and that he was excited and was going outside to see "the electric one"...meaning someone had some kind of display that was electric. It sounded to me as if he were lured outside...and taken. But the media; the public and mostly online...made TH their henchman early on. So much so that Tanner's sighting of Kyron and his very detailed info on the "electric one"...was buried practically. That fair was advertised for days by the school itself. That gave a predator an invitation imo.[modsnip]

Could not remember who the real murderer was but I think it was based on Jeffrey McDonald who said hippies killed his family or was it someone else?

Anyway, nice try of deflection by TH but a little late, no?

It was based on the Sam Sheppard trial for the murder of his wife, Marilyn. Turned out Dr. Sheppard was innocent, but spent many years in prison and his life was pretty much destroyed.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/sheppard/index_1.html

We all know that Kyron's friend tanner had said that he saw Kyron after TH left and that he was excited and was going outside to see "the electric one"...meaning someone had some kind of display that was electric. It sounded to me as if he were lured outside...and taken. But the media; the public and mostly online...made TH their henchman early on. So much so that Tanner's sighting of Kyron and his very detailed info on the "electric one"...was buried practically. That fair was advertised for days by the school itself. That gave a predator an invitation imo. [modsnip].

Cherry:

Kyron's friend T's narrative did not fit any kind of timeline and investigators pretty much said it could not have happened the way T said. T was confused about his days.

Also, Kyron *never* said he was going *outside* to see the electric exhibit. And it is not clear when that happened. The students at the school toured the exhibits the afternoon before Kyron disappeared. T may have been confused about the day. He was only 6 or 7 years old. That happens.

[modsnip]

I've always felt sorry for Terri Horman. She is trapped and there is no proof that she has ever done anything criminal. She has no way to protect herself.
So many things could have happened to that poor boy. This one haunts me...

This was a triumphant day for him, a science fair! Yet nobody bothered to go except his stepmom. That had to hurt. He's hurt and angry, like little kids get. He thinks thats it, and he walks down that hall and just leaves the school. To punish his birth parents. However, this show is a pedophile's shopping center, open school doors to anyone who wants to wander in. He sees the little boy......I don't want to think anything more about it. It's horrible.
It's just my opinion, but so much time has passed. I don't see anything good coming from this.

I've always felt sorry for Terri Horman. She is trapped and there is no proof that she has ever done anything criminal. She has no way to protect herself.

This was a triumphant day for him, a science fair! Yet nobody bothered to go except his stepmom. That had to hurt. He's hurt and angry, like little kids get. He thinks thats it, and he walks down that hall and just leaves the school. To punish his birth parents. However, this show is a pedophile's shopping center, open school doors to anyone who wants to wander in. He sees the little boy......I don't want to think anything more about it. It's horrible.
It's just my opinion, but so much time has passed. I don't see anything good coming from this.

Not so sure about that.

It is obvious that Kyron did not make that display.

i remember a couple of different times when adults made things that I was supposedly making. One example was in Girl Scouts. We were making Christmas ornaments that were sewn by an adult. All we had to do was glue it onto something. I never felt any good about thar ornament.

But then again, maybe others are different than I am and don't mind if adults do all of their work for them

Not so sure about that.

It is obvious that Kyron did not make that display.

i remember a couple of different times when adults made things that I was supposedly making. One example was in Girl Scouts. We were making Christmas ornaments that were sewn by an adult. All we had to do was glue it onto something. I never felt any good about thar ornament.

But then again, maybe others are different than I am and don't mind if adults do all of their work for them

When our son became involved in scouting, my husband was very impressed by the quality of work on some of the Pinewood Derby cars. He said, "I don't think Junior (not his real name) can build anything like that." The other scout dad said, "The DADS build the cars." Dirty little secret, apparently!

Off topic.

I think parents should have their own science fairs, Pinewood derbies, Little League games, etc etc, etc.

Let the kids do their thing and the parents can compete in their own arena

As the parent who always goes to the science fairs at school, I can tell you that it's the norm to only have one parent (if any) show up for a working-hours, week-day school activity. Most children have at least one working parent, and even in two working-parent household, both usually don't take off for a mid-morning activity like a science fair. Parents see their child's project at home, and as they are working on it, so it's not as if they are not "bothering" with the process or the activity. Also as I recall he was going to get ice cream after school with Kaine & Terri. And I can't even imagine where you'd get that he was angry and hurt that his "birth parents" didn't come to a daytime event - no one who saw him indicated that was his state of mind.

Also if Terri Horman was innocent, she was the last family member to see Kyron that day and therefore would have been a key witness and source of information for finding Kyron, yet she clammed up. IMO an innocent person who could be a link to finding a missing child but refuses to do so is no one to feel sorry for.

As the parent who always goes to the science fairs at school, I can tell you that it's the norm to only have one parent (if any) show up for a working-hours, week-day school activity. Most children have at least one working parent, and even in two working-parent household, both usually don't take off for a mid-morning activity like a science fair. Parents see their child's project at home, and as they are working on it, so it's not as if they are not "bothering" with the process or the activity. Also as I recall he was going to get ice cream after school with Kaine & Terri. And I can't even imagine where you'd get that he was angry and hurt that his "birth parents" didn't come to a daytime event - no one who saw him indicated that was his state of mind.

Also if Terri Horman was innocent, she was the last family member to see Kyron that day and therefore would have been a key witness and source of information for finding Kyron, yet she clammed up. IMO an innocent person who could be a link to finding a missing child but refuses to do so is no one to feel sorry for.

Sounds like she told all she knew. You can't do more than that. Think about it. You tell everything you know about those last minutes, and then everyone accuses you of lying and "clamming up". At that point, the only thing you can do is seek legal help.
What a terrible position to be in.

Sounds like she told all she knew. You can't do more than that. Think about it. You tell everything you know about those last minutes, and then everyone accuses you of lying and "clamming up". At that point, the only thing you can do is seek legal help.

If she loved Kyron like she said she did, she would do everything she could to help.

What about those horrifying emails about him that we have not seen but Desiree has?

ITA. After you have told LE everything you know and they accuse you of lying, what else can you do? You get an attorney and he tells you to stop talking to them. You can't get blood from a turnip.:moo:

Don't have time to go find links, but I seem to remember that Terry was trying to convince Kaine to relinquish custody of Kyron to Desiree in the months prior to his disappearance. Her son "J" was gone, she sent him to live with his Father, now she wanted Kyron to go live with his Mom.

As for the emails, of course we have not seen them. However, Desiree has told us of their existence and intimated that the content was shocking. Was Terri just blowing off steam, perhaps. But when taken cumulatively, her actions before, during, and after Kyron's disappearance certainly are suspicious to say the least.

IMO, to say Terri told all she knew and had no other choice but to quit talking on the advice of her attorney, is a gross oversimplification.

<modsnip>

I think the child was taken by a predator who was attracted by the "open house" at the school. I bet there were quite a few there hoping to be able to snatch a child.
Just my opinion.

No, a terrible position to be in is to be a child kidnapped and/or killed on a random day at school. Another terrible position to be in is to be the parent of a missing or murdered child as the last family member to see him clams up and refuses to help the investigation. Terri is alive and living in her parents' basement and is allowed to make choices. To know that the stepparent could have information that can lead to the recovery of the child, or the child's body - but is choosing not to share it because even though they're not a trained professional, they've arbitrarily decided that they've given enough information and now their own legal safety comes before the need to find the child. Terri's not in a terrible position - she's sitting pretty.

If she's innocent, then she doesn't know which piece of info, which memory, which small snippet of info could lead to finding the missing child. It doesn't have to be the "last minutes" - it could have been a clue from weeks before, something she didn't recall in the heat of the moment that comes back to her. It could have been questions about a friend, family member, janitor at the gym - how would Terri know where the investigation would lead and which new questions would become important? She clams up knowing that (if innocent) she would be the most valuable witness.

Just like countless parents of missing children before her have given their all to find their missing child, enduring questioning and disbelief and accusations - why? because (as they've said and written about at length) they believe finding the child is more important than their own feelings of anger or offense at having their story questioned.

But in any case, how do you know that she told all she knew? The police - trained professionals - certainly weren't done exploring investigative questions with her. Do you know more about that day, Terri's thoughts and actions, and the police investigation than Terri and the investigators do? Clearly not, and so you have no way of knowing what proportion of what "she knew" she has told investigators.

<modsnip>

I think the child was taken by a predator who was attracted by the "open house" at the school. I bet there were quite a few there hoping to be able to snatch a child.
Just my opinion.

"Quite a few" child predators all attracted to the same small science fair on the same day, all showing up to stand in the child snatching line?

Sounds legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member