Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the depo.

I want to scream.

She gave her email address in the depo and it was all I could do not to write her and tell her what I think of her but of course I would never do that.
Who could live with themselves knowing a child is involved and there are people suffering?

So...I'm looking through DeDe's depo for clues:
http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/DeDe-watermarked-1.pdf

I noticed that she first gets sensitive about the questions and takes the fifth when she's asked whether Ms. Hockensmith paid her for the gardening work she did at Ms. Hockensmith's house to get ready for Ms. Hockensmith's event (p. 12-13). So that seems to be something that she sees as "dangerous territory" for her. It isn't the work itself that's sensitive, because she talks about that for quite a while after. What could be sensitive about whether she got paid for the work? She had already said she was paid for hostessing the event but not for gardening, so this was really just a throwaway follow-up question that shouldn't have set up any red flags. Also, before she took the fifth, she answered "I don't remember" and then changed her answer to take the 5th. So we can assume that she does, indeed, remember whether she got paid but DOES NOT want to say. Why not??

ETA: Oh, I see on p. 44 she says it would have been a violation to receive her unemployment benefits and not report income received.

Oh good you're here!!

Any comments on how you think the judge will rule on compelling her to answer?

Asked about her own whereabouts on June 4, Spicher says was at a 38-acre nursery preparing for a garden tour the following day. "I never left the property that day," she says.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413527,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Can we take some hints about what DY (and by extension LE) thinks happened by a few of the questions asked in DS's deposition? It sure seems like a few were designed to say "gotcha":

Questions about weightlifting and steroids, communication with TH, TH having a boyfriend, Michael Cook (sex with him and TH!), TH financial problems, KH & TH extramarital affairs, pregnancy drugs, drinking, marijuana, bisexuality.

The most interesting is a series focusing on how DS got to her job site on 6/4/10, and whether she owned a car. Very interesting.

I think we can sort of piece together what is believed to have happened or at least what caused this to happen based on the above lines of questioning.

Can we take some hints about what DY (and by extension LE) thinks happened by a few of the questions asked in DS's deposition? It sure seems like a few were designed to say "gotcha":

Questions about weightlifting and steroids, communication with TH, TH having a boyfriend, Michael Cook (sex with him and TH!), TH financial problems, KH & TH extramarital affairs, pregnancy drugs, drinking, marijuana, bisexuality.

The most interesting is a series focusing on how DS got to her job site on 6/4/10, and whether she owned a car. Very interesting.

I think we can sort of piece together what is believed to have happened or at least what caused this to happen based on the above lines of questioning.

Just curious, what do you think happened that morning and what is Dede's role?

Any guesses for how long it will be until a verdict is made?

Gosh, no way to tell. It could be more than a year before it ever even goes to trial. It could be lost on summary judgment beforehand. We will just have to wait and see.

Gosh, no way to tell. It could be more than a year before it ever even goes to trial. It could be lost on summary judgment beforehand. We will just have to wait and see.

Wait....it hasn't gone to trial yet? :waitasec: I thought that DS pleading the 5th happened during the trial. Also, what does "It could be lost on summary judgment beforehand" mean?

I'm late to this re: the DedeS deposition, but I'm wondering if you can assert your 5th amendment privileges to guard against perjury as well. So could Dede legitimately plead the 5th to avoid perjuring her previous statements? Or future ones if it should come to a trial?

It enrages me to read the last batch of questions. All I can picture is a mother asking a woman who either has information or could be eliminated as someone who doesn't have information the most basic question: is my son alive? and dede declines to answer. So enraging.

I'm late to this re: the DedeS deposition, but I'm wondering if you can assert your 5th amendment privileges to guard against perjury as well. So could Dede legitimately plead the 5th to avoid perjuring her previous statements? Or future ones if it should come to a trial?

It enrages me to read the last batch of questions. All I can picture is a mother asking a woman who either has information or could be eliminated as someone who doesn't have information the most basic question: is my son alive? and dede declines to answer. So enraging.

Above BBM:

Excellent question.
Can't wait for one of our legal friends to weigh in. :waiting:

Wait....it hasn't gone to trial yet? :waitasec: I thought that DS pleading the 5th happened during the trial. Also, what does "It could be lost on summary judgment beforehand" mean?

Nope, this is still in pretrial mode, currently taking depositions. DDS plead the 5th during her deposition. The judge has not even decided if it's GOING to trial yet.

Gwen will have to explain the Summary Judgement comment! ;)

Wanted to also ask Gwen about the calendar again. I hate to keep bugging you but thought I saw something on another website about a Dec 15th date for case review or something? I might have the day wrong but thought there was something about Dec. Also, anything look interesting on the docket that might be related to the divorce hearing (should be November right?)

You gotta have a heart of stone to keep pleading the fifth to those questions.

Questions like if she knows who Kyron is, and if she knows he's missing. But she'll answer questions about her weight?!! I'd SO TOTALLY take the fifth on that one. *lol*

At least Desiree will have it on record forever. The heartlessness of those who have been implicated.

I have removed the Sanchez discussion. I am not seeing him named in any MSM or LE reports. Can anyone link him up for me? If so, I can reapprove the discussion.

I'm not familar with this case, so I will alert for the Kyron mods to review.

Thanks,

Salem

I have removed the Sanchez discussion. I am not seeing him named in any MSM or LE reports. Can anyone link him up for me? If so, I can reapprove the discussion.

I'm not familar with this case, so I will alert for the Kyron mods to review.

Thanks,

Salem

He's been mentioned in the media but I missed the discussion so I'm not sure if this is the context he was discussed in

Judge delays Horman divorce ruling until January
By Dan Tilkin, Thom Jensen KATU News and KATU.com Staff Published: Oct 7, 2010 at 10:20 AM PST Last Updated: Oct 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM PST

Peter Bunch said he's asked for Terri Horman calls to 9-1-1, back to Dec 26th [Note: the Decemeber request my have been mispoken]. But was denied by Sheriff's office saying it's part of "ongoing Investigation." He's tried to serve the landscaper, Rudy Sanchez with subpoena for deposition, but prosecutors wouldn't give him contact information because of the "ongoing investigation." Bunch said Terri called 911 when Sanchez showed up at her house wired "trying to talk to about something". He also said Rudy Sanchez is an AKA (alias).
http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

The discussion you missed was theorizing that Mr. RS was involved in the drug cartel and that Terri and DeDe had turned Kyron over to this individual. There was also something about murdering someone and generally painted this guy as one serious bad guy.

yes, his name was mentioned in MSM but I hope people will realize that when they type out his name along with wild speculation about his theorized serious criminal activity, there are consequences. That stuff is out there now. This man, while a periphery player in this case, is not a named POI. So to speculate that he is a member of a drug cartel who murders and assists in kidnappings is pretty serious stuff IMO.

Stick with the MSM when it comes to RS. I mean it.

Nope, this is still in pretrial mode, currently taking depositions. DDS plead the 5th during her deposition. The judge has not even decided if it's GOING to trial yet.

Gwen will have to explain the Summary Judgement comment! ;)

Wanted to also ask Gwen about the calendar again. I hate to keep bugging you but thought I saw something on another website about a Dec 15th date for case review or something? I might have the day wrong but thought there was something about Dec. Also, anything look interesting on the docket that might be related to the divorce hearing (should be November right?)

OK, I looked at the dockets. The divorce case is abated until 11/23/12. At that time the parties will decide if they want to continue the abatement (I suspect they will file a stipulation to continue for another 6 months) or if they want to go forward with it.

For the Young/Moulton civil case, the next thing is a hearing on the motion to compel testimony from Dede which is scheduled for 12/14/12.

As far as the summary judgment, that is a motion that is filed usually after all discovery and depositions are completed. If one side feels they can prove their case to a judge without a trial, they can file a motion for summary judgment for their side, either to win the case in full or in partial, or to declare the other side has no case and it should not go forward to trial.

Once the attorneys have done all their discovery and depos, they can decide if they want to file such a motion. It is way too early to tell if this will happen. But it is possible, I guess, that defendants could try a motion like this to get out of the case. We'll see in a few months (or years!)

So they are going to try and make DeDe testify or else go to jail?

...For the Young/Moulton civil case, the next thing is a hearing on the motion to compel testimony from Dede which is scheduled for 12/14/12...

Respectfully <snipped>

In the meantime, are other depositions continuing or has any further action in the case been postponed?

Casey Anthony was charged in October 2008 with murder, and the verdict arrived in July 2011. That's 32 months. Kaine Horman filed for divorce in June 2010. It will be 32 months in February 2013, and I highly doubt the divorce trial/case will even start by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper