Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...I agree. I wasn't so sure what, if anything, Dede's involvement was initially. I just figured there was a good shot she knew something. But her loyaltly to Terri is kind of creepy, IMO, and her pleading of the 5th, over and over and over again, convinced me there is some direct involvement and/or she is so dumb she couldn't be trusted to say anything and was coerced to just keep pleading the 5th to avoid spilling the beans. Other indicators aren't that she is that dumb, so I'm going with direct involvement.

Yes. She knows. Speculation only.
DeDe, time to cut a deal with the D.A. or get ready to face a bunch of women in prison who don't take kindly to people who harm children. Just my opinion and speculation, of course.

I just want to say that Desiree is a true hero. She, who was a victim by this horrible act, has turned the tables. The victim has now become the hunter. She is intent and well on her way to putting the fiends behind bars responsible for her son's dissapearance. She is a tribute to all women, and her relentless pursuit for justice is inspiring! God Bless Desiree, and may victory be hers!
As always, just an opinion not based on facts.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like anything new, just the same legal argument that it would put her rights at risk.

While I want answers, I believe she has a valid legal concern whether she is guilty or not.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like anything new, just the same legal argument that it would put her rights at risk.

While I want answers, I believe she has a valid legal concern whether she is guilty or not.

So, you don't think it could mean they have new evidence now and that's why the civil case is being delayed and the criminal case is moving forward? I guess I'm seeing this as a positive but am I wrong here?

This case is a cold case IMO.. they don't have enough to even name her suspect..or charge her.

IMO.. DA and Sheriff don't want Desiree to learn they have no clue.. Nothing..other than what Desiree has already been told.

I never thought you could take the 5th to cover your friends *advertiser censored*. I always thought you take the 5th only when what you answer would incriminate YOURSELF! So DeeDee is in this up to her proverbial neck! What exactly did she do?

I only hope they tell DeeDee that..too bad so sad..either answer or go straight to Jail.

He said the new "investigative avenues" are based on information collected in the early phase of the investigation that are now yielding some results.

The sheriff said it does not include cell phone data or e-mails.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Lt. Ned Walls, who oversees the investigators handling the case, said Tuesday, "We have some new leads, yes, and we have furtherance of old leads.''

Please let this be something that will lead to Kyron being found!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/11/multnomah_county_sheriff_cites.html

Something from the early phase of the investigation hmmmm....

Something from the early phase of the investigation hmmmm....

Yes, tuned in to the local news and hoping to hear a bit more, although the records seem to be sealed for now.

I know I remember a lot about the "early phase of the investigation" AND I'm glad we can refresh our memories due to all the archived material here on WS compiled by diligent members.

Why the need to stop the civil trial just cause they are investigating some leads? HMMMMMMM

The reason the civil case is being delayed (just heard delayed for 2 years on local news tonight) is due to movement in the criminal case. They also mentioned they may find out more about the motions filed by the DA and MCSO tomorrow. I'm not sure what the reporter means by that as those motions were sealed.

Judge Henry Kantor made the ruling last week following a request from Multnomah County District Attorney Michael Shrunk.

Shrunk wrote in his request that information from the civil case could jeopardize their ongoing investigation into Kyron’s disappearance.

Sources close the investigation speaking on the condition of anonymity said investigators have made recent progress on two fronts, both expanding on leads and developing new information about the case.

The sources said investigators argued that airing that information in a civil case could hurt the investigation.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Judge-agrees-to-delay-civil-suit-against-Terri-Horman-181069861.html
Go Desiree, you knew exactly what would prompt movement in the criminal investigation !!!! Be patient Mama, justice is coming.

Terri made a big mistake, they are not going to remain silent forever. Your house of cards is going to tumble. But look on the bright side Big T, maybe you can start lifting weights again ...

I wonder if the information that has opened up involves Dede. I don't think it is a coincidence that something opened up between the time she took the 5th and the hearing on Dec. 14 where the judge could compel her to testify. Maybe she cut a deal.

"
Premature disclosure of the information contained in these documents could jeopardize that ongoing investigation," said D.A. Michael Schrunk. "Sealing these documents is in the best interests of justice, will preserve the integrity of the investigation, and will promote the safety of the witnesses involved."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-Horman-civil-suit-delayed-for-criminal-case-181040821.html

Witnesses? so do the new leads mean more than one person talked?
How many people are involved in this?

The sheriff's office has a full-time detective sergeant and detective assigned to the missing child case, along with five detectives working on it part time. Investigators from the district attorney's office, and FBI are also assisting, Walls said.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...ounty_sheriff_cites.html#incart_river_default

Two full time investigators and five part timers sounds like there must be something to investigate besides, "has Kyron been found yet?" "nuh-uh." "anyone confess today?" "nope"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper