Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the deal. I wanted to be a nurse so I went to nursing school and got my degree. IF there was a chance I'd spend all of that money on a degree that I couldn't use due to the area I was living in and planning on staying in, I'd change my degree to something where I could get a job and not be dependent on anyone else. Of course, that's just me, though.
She's screwed herself in more ways than one, IMO.

I wouldn't, as hard as I worked for my nursing degree I would have moved to an area where nurses were being hired. There's never been a shortage of nursing jobs where I live.

She divorced Ecker in January 2002.

Is there any proof that Terri filed a lawsuit because of the crash and that she won a settlement from it?

<snip>

I'll trade ya. Proof of a lawsuit/settlement for proof of arrests "much more" than DUI and "burning leaves".

20:37

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

Reporter: Why was J sent to Roseburg?

Kaine: Well, he - he spends the summer with his Dad. And so he was up because of what was happening and --- he was here for a week and then he went back down; it was thought with the media frenzy at the time it was decided that it was best if he wasn't here just to get him out of that --- out of that environment.

(before anyone says he didn't understand the question, the reporter talks about the report of Kaine and J "butting heads" and Kaine then describes his history with J in the home stating, "I know what they're saying, but..." and "I know they have their opinion" clearly indicating that he knew the reporter was referring to J being sent to live with his Dad)

VS.

In February, Terri sent J to Roseburg to live with his maternal grandparents.

"I was on a business trip when she made that decision," Kaine said. "She called me on my first day (in California) and said they had gotten into a fight. She couldn't handle it anymore. She was going to call his dad to talk about other options."

Kaine said he didn't want J to move out, but it wasn't his decision.

:waitasec:

I am not a doctor, but, it seems like bodybuilding would be the wrong hobby for someone with pinched nerves and migraines.

Why? PT includes use of weights and progressive workouts. Maybe that's what got her "obsessed" with "hitting the gym".

I saw that in an interview, too. I think it was from Kaine on Dateline -- hope there's a transcript, because I get tired of having to listen to these things to find the quote!
I do remember for sure that J was one of the kids who were in the group parental-visit exchanges. That was in the Profile in Contradictions article.

bbm

Lord, I know that's right LOL

[QUOTE=pufnstuf;5545164]She divorced Ecker in January 2002.

Is there any proof that Terri filed a lawsuit because of the crash and that she won a settlement from it?

Timeline of Terri and Kaine's Relationship:

The bodybuilding began in earnest in the spring of 2002.

Terri met Kaine at a restaurant in June 2002 and they started dating.

Kyron was born September 2002.

Terri and Kaine moved in together in December 2002.

Terri earned her master's of art ed in 2003.

Terri competed in the Emerald Cup BB competition in April 2005.

She got her DUI in July 2005.

She and Kaine got married in March 2007.

About the wedding:

Someone (me, maybe?) brought up the extravagant price of a Hawaii wedding in response to you saying that their wedding couldn't have cost that much, since they got married in their bathing suits.[/QUOTE]

Thanks pufnstuf for the TH and KH timeline. I'm trying to figure out the time frame she was working on her masters. Lynne Terry's reports in The Oregonian, state two different times:

In 2003, Terri earned a master's of art education from Pacific University in Forest Grove http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ri_horman.html

and

In about 2004, she earned a master's in education from Pacific University in Forest Grove. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._family_f.html

But I've also seen the year she earned her M of Ed reported as 2005. It's not in MSM that I know of, but I can't link to the source because it is private now... Which is why I was hoping someone else might know or be able to dig up the actual date.

I'm trying to figure this out for two reasons:

1) How did she pay for grad school? RE states he paid for her to go to school for her bachelor's which she obtained in 2000. Did Kaine pay for her grad degree? He talks about her being all about kids when he first met her. I'm just wondering if he paid for grad school since she was living with him at the time and this could show a pattern of behavior...

2) What else was going on in her life at that time? Was she working on master's and preparing for body building competition at the same time? If so why pile so much on at the same time.Then there's the DUI in April '05. Was the alcohol abuse (as evident in the DUI and child endangerment) a symptom of another deeper MH issue?

I have stumped by that Master's degree business as well. How did she pull that off with all that she was doing?

I'll trade ya. Proof of a lawsuit/settlement for proof of arrests "much more" than DUI and "burning leaves".

I have seen more arrests as well, but I'll have to go scout them up somehow. Might take awhile.

I wouldn't, as hard as I worked for my nursing degree I would have moved to an area where nurses were being hired. There's never been a shortage of nursing jobs where I live.

God, yes.

It cycles. Glut, shortage, leading to a glut again. I just try to go with the flow lol.

Terri did not, nee, COULD NOT have J's birth father's parental rights terminated. That is a decision he alone can make. And it was made.

And not one of us knows whether Terri has been sending funds for J's support to first her parents, then to J at his birth father's home. None of us. Get the answer, then I think we can discuss how what should have been done with the support funds.

Frankly, I have to wonder if she WAS sending those funds and that fed into Kaine's assertion that Terri was going through THEIR money like water. Since well, of course he was controlling about HIS money.

she could have his parental rights terminated. It's done where I live.

You petition the court. He has to answer. But he may have chosen not to answer. The case goes forward anyway.

I swear in one of the interviews it was said he was there "within hours" of Kyron going missing ... or something to that effect, leading me to believe (or certainly making it sound as if) he was there on Friday. I still don't understand the reasoning behind a pre-arranged weeklong visit when school was still in session and camping overnight on a Friday only to return early enough to be in Portland Saturday morning. Was he one of the kids switched in the big meetups at the restaurant (I've lost track by now ... )

I can guarantee you're correct in having read that, since I recall quoting that, and spending about 7 days in my flower gardens instead of on this case.

I can guarantee you're correct in having read that, since I recall quoting that, and spending about 7 days in my flower gardens instead of on this case.

I just can't figure out which interview; I didn't spend a week in the garden, but it sure as hell set me back on my heels.

I have stumped by that Master's degree business as well. How did she pull that off with all that she was doing?

I'll go you one better and ask how she managed to complete a 4 year degree in two years. I believe it was her former MIL who discussed the timeline.

Methinks all things on that timeline as given by so many people aren't quite accurate, and not necessarily Terri's fault that they aren't.

she could have his parental rights terminated. It's done where I live.

You petition the court. He has to answer. But he may have chosen not to answer. The case goes forward anyway.

Except:

Tarver, who struggled financially, agreed to give up his parental rights.

I'll go you one better and ask how she managed to complete a 4 year degree in two years. I believe it was her former MIL who discussed the timeline.

Methinks all things on that timeline as given by so many people aren't quite accurate, and not necessarily Terri's fault that they aren't.

I wondered about that too until I re-read this from (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html)

Terri was born March 14, 1970 and grew up in Roseburg, the daughter of two teachers, Carol and Larry Moulton. She graduated from Roseburg High School in 1988 and went to Umpqua Community College[/B], where she met her first husband, Ron Tarver. They married in 1991 in Roseburg.

She probably transferred some credits from Umpqua Community College to NW Christain.

I agree. There's never been a shortage of nursing jobs here, either. My husband might not have wanted to transfer, though, for me to be able to get a job, and possibly him not get one. Same with Terri, IMO. She was in the Oregon area where she surely knew that there was a shortage of teacher openings, and I doubt she planned on moving to an area for a job, leaving behind her husband and family. That's the point I was trying to make.

I agree. There's never been a shortage of nursing jobs here, either. My husband might not have wanted to transfer, though, for me to be able to get a job, and possibly him not get one. Same with Terri, IMO. She was in the Oregon area where she surely knew that there was a shortage of teacher openings, and I doubt she planned on moving to an area for a job, leaving behind her husband and family. That's the point I was trying to make.

I've been doing this for 27 years. For the first time ever (over the last several years), I've been seriously afraid of what would happen if I lost my job. It's scary as hell. In spite of the glut/shortage cycle I alluded to above --- which does exist --- this has a different feel. And it's not a pleasant one. /ot

I've been doing this for 27 years. For the first time ever (over the last several years), I've been seriously afraid of what would happen if I lost my job. It's scary as hell. In spite of the glut/shortage cycle I alluded to above --- which does exist --- this has a different feel. And it's not a pleasant one. /ot
Sorry OT
There's been a shortage of nurses where I live, but not nursing jobs. There is definitely a different feel going on here, too, though.

I wondered about that too until I re-read this from (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html)

Terri was born March 14, 1970 and grew up in Roseburg, the daughter of two teachers, Carol and Larry Moulton. She graduated from Roseburg High School in 1988 and went to Umpqua Community College[/b], where she met her first husband, Ron Tarver. They married in 1991 in Roseburg.

She probably transferred some credits from Umpqua Community College to NW Christain.

having worked in higher ed for more than 20 years, I can tell you that most universities and colleges will only accept a portion of transfer credits, feeling as they do that their curriculum prepares a student much better than any other institution. The only way she could have done it in 2 years is if she'd first obtained a "terminal" degree (associates) from the first college, which could then be applied in total toward a bachelor's degree. Otherwise, she was only going to be allowed to transfer about 16 credits, which is about 1 semester's worth of credits, for a full-time student.

having worked in higher ed for more than 20 years, I can tell you that most universities and colleges will only accept a portion of transfer credits, feeling as they do that their curriculum prepares a student much better than any other institution. The only way she could have done it in 2 years is if she'd first obtained a "terminal" degree (associates) from the first college, which could then be applied in total toward a bachelor's degree. Otherwise, she was only going to be allowed to transfer about 16 credits, which is about 1 semester's worth of credits, for a full-time student.

Thanks debs! I looked at NW Christain web site to see if it stated how many credits could be transferred and found that they do have an articulation agreement with Umpqua Community College. Don't know how many of her credits they accepted but I think it makes since that she transferred some of the credits in order to get her BA.

On a side note- Its been stated that she had wanted to be a teacher since she was 7. Both her parents are teachers and I imagine they would of done everything they could to help her get her degree (they gave her money for the Chubby's restaurant franchise), yet she didn't complete it until 12 years after she graduated from HS. I wonder if she had stayed focused and true to her dream if she would of been more successful in getting her desired job. Was the job market for teachers in Portland better in '92, 2000, 2005? Or getting worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez