Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much could she have made working at that garden? Let's go crazy and say they paid her $20/hr. One week. $800. 2 weeks? $1600. What kind of penalty could she incur for that? Hardly something for which one would have immunity.

I gave the reference earlier about unemployment. Not much of a penalty. And not paying taxes on $1600? That certainlu would not be much of a big deal.

For what would she get immunity?

snipped by me.

IMO? a few things. Maybe she helped dispose of the body (sorry Ky) or maybe she disposed of items. Maybe she appeared in a white pickup at certain places and from a distance/camera looked like TH so that TH could be seeing to covering tracks or doing whatever she did to Kyron. If she provided evidence as to what happened or was able to direct LE to Kyron or the direction of something of interest, she would be able to bargain immunity.

All my opinion of course, not saying she did any of this, just what perhaps a person may do to receive immunity. :twocents:

So what if Terri was doing something that day to get her son out of trouble somehow and doesn't want to implicate him? Really guessing but What If he owed money, was dealing in illegal something and she was covering for him? A pay off, delivery...?? I know, huge guessing here but it would explain her abandoment of her daughter at least a bit. J turns? 18; wonder if they will send him before the gj? Taking it further what if DD took TH a package at that missing time from work. She might have no idea what was in it, met with TH and thats what she is afraid of now.
This is all assuming that TH had nothing to do with Kyron and it was rotten luck that she was not accountable for her time that day. She shut up and shut down quickly in this case; even her first tv appearance she was "off". Just occurs to me she was in protecting mode somehow.
I still lean towards a stranger abduction. And until I know different I will believe he is alive and will come home. May the Angels hold his hand.

How much could she have made working at that garden? Let's go crazy and say they paid her $20/hr. One week. $800. 2 weeks? $1600. What kind of penalty could she incur for that? Hardly something for which one would have immunity.

I gave the reference earlier about unemployment. Not much of a penalty. And not paying taxes on $1600? That certainlu would not be much of a big deal.

Yep, pretty much for that - the penalty for working for money under the table while collecting unemployment. I'm not sure how much we're allowed to relate from the other source, but it's my understanding that Dede claims to also be a victim in this as well, as her employer forced payment on her over her protests, thereby forcing her to accept money for work while collecting unemployment (I don't know if her employer also forced her to refrain from reporting that income once she was paid.. that part was naturally glossed over). And that the immunity would then be for that "small misunderstanding" of tax and unemployment fraud. And in return for that immunity, DDS apparently repeated the same story she had told a thousand times before. etc etc etc.

You know, reading back through the archives, DDS's People story, the gross aggressive sexts between TMH and that guy (that mentions DDS), the other stuff.... my take home message about DDS is that she's got a very dim intellect, a simple sort of mind, and is very easily led and was thrilled to rush in and become part of a dramatic situation. She comes across as "that friend" that smarter bullies seem to always have - the one that is so grateful for their attention that she'll do pretty much anything, thoughtlessly, to be part of the group. The smarter person usually has someone like that to unquestioningly stick with them, do the drudge work, buy the burner phones, be their yes-man. I feel like DDS was Terri's toady. I don't get the sense that she's evil - just kind of dimwitted and easily led.

Like how when Terri was doing something truly questionable (legally or morally) like lying about being "upset about the baby" as a cover story for driving to a booty call, she certainly didn't tell DDS. She needed DDS to be in crisis mode on Terri's behalf, ready and willing to do anything to defend her new best friend. It wasn't (IMO) a friendship of equals, but Terri manipulating DDS around to suit her needs. And I think for that to work, DDS had to think she was on a dramatic conquest to protect a wrongly-accused woman.

Look how openly and in a sort of thrilled tone DDS told People magazine that she and Terri thought the police were listening in to their conversations so they would sneak outside to talk and only ever talk about "family and kids" inside the house when they believed they were overheard. Or the disposable phones. Or sleeping by the front door clutching a fire extinguisher to "protect Terri" in case the bad guys who took Kyron came back for Terri! Would any thinking person really believe something like that would happen in real life? A kidnapper takes Kyron, then a week later when the case is on the front page and police are bugging and staking out Terri's home, the kidnapper would come back through the front door to kill the person who was, essentially, his scapegoat? Seriously DDS believed this? And believed that she would shoot him with the fire extinguisher like on Home Alone and save her friend and solve the case?

I mean the only options are that DDS is so naive that she actually believed that, actually believed that was what she was involved in - that romantic, exciting, "scary" but cartoonesque caper - or she is so naive as to think that it made for a convincing cover story. Any way I look at it, DDS to me seems like someone who was used for her dimwittedness. Like she was manipulated to become an alibi, or a defender, or an unwitting accomplice, or maybe to even take the fall for some part of the crime.

I don't know if that's true, but it's interesting to me to look at TMH's actions from that standpoint and see if any part of that holds up.

If DeDe hadn't even communicated with Terri since March of 2010, why did LE make any connection between her and Terri in this case at all? Where did her name come from in the first place? I wouldn't expect any of my friends whom I didn't speak to for 4 months to pop up suddenly in a criminal case I was being investigated for if there wasn't some tangible sort of link tying my friend to me. I do remember her on facebook near the beginning but why her in particular? Any of her friends could have been at home near the school that day too. JMO

Matou, where does it say DS hadn't seen TH since March 2010? Is that from the site we couldn't reference here? The article about DS linked a few pages back in this thread said she said she hadn't seen her in 3 years...

We know TH referenced seeing her after that and I didn't know she had denied it so I'm confused...didn't DS even move in with her for a bit? TIA.

You know, reading back through the archives, DDS's People story, the gross aggressive sexts between TMH and that guy (that mentions DDS), the other stuff.... my take home message about DDS is that she's got a very dim intellect, a simple sort of mind, and is very easily led and was thrilled to rush in and become part of a dramatic situation. She comes across as "that friend" that smarter bullies seem to always have - the one that is so grateful for their attention that she'll do pretty much anything, thoughtlessly, to be part of the group. The smarter person usually has someone like that to unquestioningly stick with them, do the drudge work, buy the burner phones, be their yes-man. I feel like DDS was Terri's toady. I don't get the sense that she's evil - just kind of dimwitted and easily led.

Any way I look at it, DDS to me seems like someone who was used...Like she was manipulated to become an alibi, or a defender, or an unwitting accomplice, or maybe to even take the fall for some part of the crime.

I don't know if that's true, but it's interesting to me to look at TMH's actions from that standpoint and see if any part of that holds up.

Above respectfully snipped for space and BBM:

I agree so much with how you are characterizing their relationship. And when TH didn't need her anymore the relationship probably ended. Which may be why Dede is agreeing to open up. I suspect she knows things that she hasn't pieced together herself because of her denial wanting to believe the "cool kid" is really her friend and would never use her or throw her under the bus.

Maybe TH's fatal miscalculation will be that she stopped keeping DS under her control :praying:

You can work while on unemployment. There is a dollar amount you can make, and after that ,you cannot get it for that week. If you work for a couple of weeks, you just do not claim unemployment for that time. No biggie. So Dede must not have claimed that she worked.

Exactly how long did she work there? Does anyone know?

I find it really curious that she was unemployed and had a chance for really great networking.

But of all days when she is going to be invited for lunch, she has neither phone nor watch.

I would think if one is unemployed, she would want to make the most of the situation. Meet people. Network. She was working at the home of a very well to do person. It would seem that there may be opportunities

Matou, where does it say DS hadn't seen TH since March 2010? Is that from the site we couldn't reference here? The article about DS linked a few pages back in this thread said she said she hadn't seen her in 3 years...

We know TH referenced seeing her after that and I didn't know she had denied it so I'm confused...didn't DS even move in with her for a bit? TIA.

Yes, in that interview she states that she went to her birthday party in March 2010 and there was no communication between her and Terri since then and what I'm assuming is just after June 4th 2010, when Kyron disappeared. I don't think she can deny that she was with Terri afterwards since she was living with Terri for a bit, during the sexting fiasco. I'll reread the MSM articles.

Yes, in that interview she states that she went to her birthday party in March 2010 and there was no communication between her and Terri since then and what I'm assuming is just after June 4th 2010, when Kyron disappeared. I don't think she can deny that she was with Terri afterwards since she was living with Terri for a bit, during the sexting fiasco. I'll reread the MSM articles.

Oh, I misunderstood :blushing:. I see what you mean now. She was saying they were out of touch for several months and only reconnected after Kyron's disappearance.

I guess she thought she had to come to poor sweet Terry's rescue at that point. Or Terry called her on because she needed someone naive and loyal to support her.

It's probably in front of my nose, but I can't seems to find it, could someone kindly tell me how tall was Kyron, and how much did he weigh when he went missing?
TIA

kyron+Horman+missing.jpg

http://www.kgw.com/news/Flier-for-missing-boy-Kyron-Horman-95864144.html

Sigh. It's Kyron's birthday tomorrow.

ah thank you matou, I am rather fatigued and wasn't seeing it ...

my grand turned 8 yesterday...she is a tad under that weight but over 4 ft tall...close enough to compare carrying a little one that size...heavy but not too much so...especially if one has some upper body strength I suppose...
just thinking

Thanks again...
yes his birthday is tomorrow, would be happy if only if he could celebrate it with those that love him.

Happy birthday Kyron.

Every time I hear about red eyed tree frogs I think of you buddy.

Happy happy birthday Kyron! i hope you know how many people want to bring you home. Your big smile is the sweetest smile I have ever seen. God bless you Kyron. Prayers for Kaine and Desiree today and everyday as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3