Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am truly mystified why Chad Stavely is her attorney.

Just because someone is an attorney does not mean s/he knows diidley about criminal defense , for instance.

http://www.oregonaccidentattorney.com/

Publicity? Maybe she couldn't afford a top-notch attorney and he offered to take her case for really cheap, simply because his name would get out there a lot more. (to a lawyer, there's no such thing as 'bad' publicity, imho and experience). If she actually got charged with something, he'd probably bring in someone else to "co-counsel" (read: take over).

jmho o'course.

The case has been pretty active the last month or so. There's been:

-Desiree dropping the civil suit
-Dede talking to the GJ
-Dede giving an interview claiming she got immunity
-Terri Horman agreeing to evaulation to possibly see her daughter
-New search for Kyron, which Desiree said was a sucess

This has to be the most activity on this case since '10. When there's smoke, there's fire?

So DeDe says she hadn't communicated with Terri since March 2010, three months before Kyron disappeared. Shouldn't that be easy to prove? If she wasn't best buds with Terri, she was there when Terri was sexting Kaine's friend after he left her. Why does she need immunity for if she's innocent? I don't get it. JMO

I agree that there has been a lot of activity of late. But I am beginning to think that this means that the case against TH is abating.

I never wavered in my assumption that she was the guilty party. But the dropping of the civil suit, DS opening up, TH appealing for custody, and the new search without LE help, all suggest that LE has no real evidence and that everyone finally realizes it.

Just because they have no evidence, doesn't mean that TH isn't guilty. But I no longer think she will ever be tried for this crime. If she is guilty, this may mean that we never learn what happened to Kyron.

I do not understand why people feel TH is not enough of a criminal mastermind to pull this off.

She may have a Master's degree(sleuthing revealed that she may not even though she said that she does), teaching associates said that she was strict and highly organized, she volunteered at the school so she knows how it works, she used the truck when there was no reason to use it, and she was trusted by Kyron.

Sounds like an excellent candidate to me

Human, I don't think she is a dummy as much as a narcissist. This, in my opinion, interfered with her thought pattern, as narcissists think the world revolves around them, and can never really see how they are truly viewed by others. If forced to note that others don't like them, it can be quite shocking to them as they think they are so wonderful, and entertaining, and important, it is beyond their comprehension that everyone else can't see this. All that to say, I don't think she's a dummy, I just don't think she's nearly as smart as she thinks she is. And I think she looks with disdain at those who don't "get her". I also think her need for validation and gratification can be consuming and causes her to act out impulsively.

Also, I'm not so sure she was trusted so much by Kyron as feared. I think he feared her disapproval, feared her style of discipline, and feared she would alienate him from his father and keep him from his mother. But, this is all MOO, based what I have observed and inferred from the reports of others throughout the case.

Human, I don't think she is a dummy as much as a narcissist. This, in my opinion, interfered with her thought pattern, as narcissists think the world revolves around them, and can never really see how they are truly viewed by others. If forced to note that others don't like them, it can be quite shocking to them as they think they are so wonderful, and entertaining, and important, it is beyond their comprehension that everyone else can't see this. All that to say, I don't think she's a dummy, I just don't think she's nearly as smart as she thinks she is. And I think she looks with disdain at those who don't "get her". I also think her need for validation and gratification can be consuming and causes her to act out impulsively.

Also, I'm not so sure she was trusted so much by Kyron as feared. I think he feared her disapproval, feared her style of discipline, and feared she would alienate him from his father and keep him from his mother. But, this is all MOO, based what I have observed and inferred from the reports of others throughout the case.

From all accounts (including email snippets we've read, Kaine, Desiree) - she really disliked Kyron, was resentful of him, and perhaps even hated him. Kids feel that. He knew she couldn't stand him - and what a horrible thing for a child to feel on a daily basis. I don't think he trusted her in an emotional son/mother sense, but I think as a child loved by his dad, his mother and his stepdad, he probably trusted TMH as an adult - enough to go along with things on a daily basis.

I can't get the image out of my mind of the look Desiree had on her face when she described reading the unreleased emails from TMH's account, and the moment she realized that Terri actively hated him. So horrible.

I do not understand why people feel TH is not enough of a criminal mastermind to pull this off.

She may have a Master's degree(sleuthing revealed that she may not even though she said that she does), teaching associates said that she was strict and highly organized, she volunteered at the school so she knows how it works, she used the truck when there was no reason to use it, and she was trusted by Kyron.

Sounds like an excellent candidate to me

it's also possible that someone else took Kyron out of the school. I'm not sure how we can judge that TMH had no reason to use the truck.

Ami, I don't think he feared that she would harm him by killing him, or making him literally disappear. Otoh, I don't think he trusted that she wanted what was best for him, would make his interests a priority, would give him unconditionlal love, or even that she would protect him as any real mother, whether step, biological or adoptive would. None of the trust that any child is entitled to share with people who are supposed to love them and put them first. I think I would throw up if I read something like that about my child from the person who was his first line caregiver for years. Then, I would make it my life's mission to "even the score" (even if he wasn't missing).

What I mean about the trust is that if she told him to do something, he would do it. There would be no stranger danger questions, for instance.

If she told him to wait in a closet, he would do it. If she told him to go to the truck,and wait for her, he would do it.

If she told him to wait in a closet, he would do it. If she told him to go to the truck,and wait for her, he would do it.

Agreed. Like if she told him to eat the meals she made for him, wear the clothes she bought for him, sleep in the bed she made for him, tell her about his day at school, etc - he would probably do those things too. You know, stuff you need to be in the same town as your child for. Or not. Whomever you believe.

I am curious about the emails re:Kyron. I know some women who actively dislike their step children...and might say as much to close friends (obviously, since I know) but would hardly do anything to harm them. They might actively campaign on the side of the ex-wife to regain custody. And if one of the children vanished, everything they had said would become evidence. But I would not assume they "got rid of" the child.

I wonder if DS has info about things TH may have said and is conflicted about adding fuel to the blazing flames.

Anyway, I am just not 100% sold on TH being guilty, without knowing much more. But I fear we may never see this case solved, no matter who did it.

JMO

I am curious about the emails re:Kyron. I know some women who actively dislike their step children...and might say as much to close friends (obviously, since I know) but would hardly do anything to harm them. They might actively campaign on the side of the ex-wife to regain custody. And if one of the children vanished, everything they had said would become evidence. But I would not assume they "got rid of" the child.

I wonder if DS has info about things TH may have said and is conflicted about adding fuel to the blazing flames.

Anyway, I am just not 100% sold on TH being guilty, without knowing much more. But I fear we may never see this case solved, no matter who did it.

JMO

I'm not 100% sure either although I've always clearly leaned toward her guilt and feel more so lately with the recent circumstances and the years of her being in hiding and not fighting for her daughter.

I, too, really wish we knew what was in those letters, too. As a mother, obviously you are going to be much more sensitive to negative statements about your child. However, I got the feeling from her reaction that it was deeper than that.

There is one thing to saying something like "Omg, this kid gets on my last nerve. I can't even stand to be around him" or "I would give anything for him to go live with his mother". But would LE really have let her in on the messages if it was something like that? They're not dummies. They certainly are aware of statements like that being made all the time. I just got the impression they were deeper and darker than that. But, maybe not...cause putting that out there, where it could be intercepted by anyone, would really be a stupid and dangerous idea. And friends are only going to put up with so much bitter acrimony when it comes to children, before they protest (I would hope).

I am kind of firm in the belief that if DDS is cooperating, finally, with the GJ then there is something going on which is propelling the case against TH forward. I understand why Desiree would drop the lawsuit-the discovery process would give TH access to the investigation, possibly at a critical time. The equation is a simple one and if I were Desiree, I would drop it too. She can file a wrongful death (God help her...) in a few years and make her pay ala OJ I think. If there hasnt been any justice by this time.

I am optimistic-this case is solveable imvho. I think Kyron can be found as well. I dont think the time line prohibits him being found. It is just going to take very very meticulous extensive continued searching in an area that has very difficult undergrowth etc. At least that is my vho.

Kyron baby-where are you??

What I mean about the trust is that if she told him to do something, he would do it. There would be no stranger danger questions, for instance.

Exactly. I agree.

Agreed. Like if she told him to eat the meals she made for him, wear the clothes she bought for him, sleep in the bed she made for him, tell her about his day at school, etc - he would probably do those things too. You know, stuff you need to be in the same town as your child for. Or not. Whomever you believe.

Well no one is accusing her of starving him in front of Kaine, or depriving him of sleep. By all accounts she seriously disliked him, but that doesn't preclude doing the bare minimum day to day maintenance of the home he lived in. Heck, she even uncharacteristically shoved a picture of him in the face of someone she ran into in the store. I'm sure she did make an effort to appear to be a responsible guardian for him (outside of the heavy drinking and sexting and email bashing him, that is).

Ami, you forgot about the punishing him for misbehavior at school.

if she really resented Kyron as much as we've been told, having to do all that for him might have been part of the reason why. JMO

One additional point-she asserts the 5th on the questions as to whether or not she was given a poly, but then discusses it in the interview with BOC?

Maybe BOC is working with Desiree and the Sheriff's office. ;)

Oh, yes. She'll gladly blab about the missing and perhaps murdered child case to People magazine and uneducated conspiracy loons (while painting herself as the victim of the missing child case, no less!! Forget Kyron, SHE has been victimized, she claims) but if police searching for a missing child want that information they have to PAY her for it, in immunity. Actually... come to think of it I wonder if she didn't talk to reputable news sources because they wouldn't pay her.

Oh, yes. She'll gladly blab about the missing and perhaps murdered child case to People magazine and uneducated conspiracy loons (while painting herself as the victim of the missing child case, no less!! Forget Kyron, SHE has been victimized, she claims) but if police searching for a missing child want that information they have to PAY her for it, in immunity. Actually... come to think of it I wonder if she didn't talk to reputable news sources because they wouldn't pay her.

Dede says that she does not know why Kaine would call her for Terri's birthday. Here is what Dede herself said about Terri

"If I thought for a second that she was capable of [foul play], I would not have been there. She would not have been my friend in the first place."
Spicher, 43, said she does not think Moulton Horman was involved in Kyron's disappearance.

"I just really don't. In my heart, I really don't. In all of these years [as her friend], I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that she is capable or motivated in any way to do something like this."

she better keep her story straight. Which is it? Friends for years or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member