Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I am so tired of this case and the way it is being handled and the Q&A's etc....
I so would rather not hear from the parents at all personally, than in this weird (to me) manner...it just seems creepy to me.

And it seems to me that they are also simply going off the fact that since Kyron has not been found deceased, that he is alive to them. I'm not getting that they know anything more than we do, or sadly, that LE knows anything more than we do, as far as Kyron's whereabouts or status.

I'm just on page 2 of this thread right now and I seem to remember Kaine being vague when asked about Terri's online activities (posting on facebook, etc) I think he answered in the exact same way as he responded to the doctor's appointment. Anyone else remember this?

I'm just on page 2 of this thread right now and I seem to remember Kaine being vague when asked about Terri's online activities (posting on facebook, etc) I think he answered in the exact same way as he responded to the doctor's appointment. Anyone else remember this?

As far as i remember he didnt think she had been on facebook AFTER they found out about the disappearance. However..if he started to suspect her maybe he wasnt in the same room as her much so simply wouldnt know what she was doing. Also he was being questioned etc sometimes and polygraphed so she could have gone on there then.

MOO

What has been done by Terri to make HER a suspect? I'm talking facts, not speculation, theories, or guesses. What has LE told us that makes Terri look like a suspect?

First and foremost, SHE is the LAST known person to see Kyron alive. We have no idea of Terri's whereabout from 9am to 1:45pm, when Kaine got home.

I am not even going to talk about the facebook, postings on websites, murder-for-hire, because ALL of that could be gossip.

But the fact she was the last person to see Kyron? THAT IS A FACT.

What has been done by Terri to make HER a suspect? I'm talking facts, not speculation, theories, or guesses. What has LE told us that makes Terri look like a suspect?

LE is necessarily playing this close to the vest. If we were to discuss just what THEY have told us...basically there would not be much to say here.

A child is missing.

Perhaps we should all log off till an indictment ensues.

But Terri is the last known person to be seen with the missing child. Her cell phone pings allegedly do not match her "story." Now the media tells us she has been accused by a third party of a Murder For Hire plot.

The fact that a restraining order took her child from her is a clue as well.

Yes, he has an ex-wife (Terri has two exes) and they seem at the moment to have truly bonded. We can conclude whatever the police has told the Bio-Mom SHE does not suspect. BIO-Dad. SHE is calling for Terri to "cooperate. Another "clue."

Kaine may well be seen by some as weird. That is in the eye of the beholder. His attempts to exclude certain media may seem controlling. But there are no clues about HIM as frightening as the clues about Terri.

But, as I've said, if we are ruling out clues, "speculation, therories and guesses" , none of us should be chatting at all.

Dad usually finds out after the fact.

In my experience, with our family and our friends' families, the fathers know that doctor's appointments are upcoming and are fully briefed on the results the same day. I remind my husband the night before that one of our kids has an appointment, and I call him immediately afterward to let him know what has transpired.

In fact, my husband just called me to let me know that our son is still in the chair at the dentist, so he has nothing to report yet.

My husband could not tell you the date or appointment time until the night before, and he would not remember (nor would I expect him to) when I made the appointment even though I would have told him that day.

Q: Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor’s appt.?
A: KAINE – There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain.
BBM
ITA nurseratchett! That is why this question was answered and answered this way. "unknown WHEN appointment was scheduled" IMO TH threw in the appojntment to confuse the situation w/ the teacher that day. Maybe she never made an appointment but did say directly to the teacher that Kyron would be gone for an appointment. Or maybe TH called that afternoon to make an appointment for the following week to cover for her saying it to the teacher then saying to her friend(i think) that the teacher couldnt hear. IDK but I am thankful that they did finally tighten up some questions. Especially what time Kaine saw Kyron last and what time he got home.

For the record, I DO think that TH is connected to Kyron's disappearance. However, regarding the mention of Kyron's future doctor's appointment - I do not think it has to mean the statement was made to confuse the teacher. I have gone back and forth (mostly by email) with my 7 year old son's teacher this year regarding concerns over listening skills (concerns of ADDish behavior or possible central auditory processing disorder). If I had been in TH's situation on the morning of the Science Fair, I could easily see mentioning to the teacher about the upcoming appt. Not to be giving specific appt. times to the teacher (because obviously in the chaos she could forget), but just to let her know the status of my pursuit to get answers to any possible learning disability he might have. I'm just not sure if TH would be savvy enough to "create confusion" over an appt. time. MOO

First and foremost, SHE is the LAST known person to see Kyron alive. We have no idea of Terri's whereabout from 9am to 1:45pm, when Kaine got home.

I am not even going to talk about the facebook, postings on websites, murder-for-hire, because ALL of that could be gossip.

But the fact she was the last person to see Kyron? THAT IS A FACT.

It has been confirmed by LE that she was the last person to see him? I thought that part was still unclear? (He was seen by someone else @ 9am after Terri left?) I'll have to go look for the link but that's the last thing I saw confirmed about him being seen.

LE is necessarily playing this close to the vest. If we were to discuss just what THEY have told us...basically there would not be much to say here.

A child is missing.

Perhaps we should all log off till an indictment ensues.

But Terri is the last known person to be seen with the missing child. Her cell phone pings allegedly do not match her "story." Now the media tells us she has been accused by a third party of a Murder For Hire plot.

The fact that a restraining order took her child from her is a clue as well.

Yes, he has an ex-wife (Terri has two exes) and they seem at the moment to have truly bonded. We can conclude whatever the police has told the Bio-Mom SHE does not suspect. BIO-Dad. SHE is calling for Terri to "cooperate. Another "clue."

Kaine may well be seen by some as weird. That is in the eye of the beholder. His attempts to exclude certain media may seem controlling. But there are no clues about HIM as frightening as the clues about Terri.

But, as I've said, if we are ruling out clues, "speculation, therories and guesses" , none of us should be chatting at all.

The cell phone pings are also confirmed by LE now? I thought it was still from an unnamed source. Guess I missed a lot over the weekend.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kaine say in the sit down interview he and D did on television about a week ago that he was home from noon on? I'm going to see if I can find it, but I think that is what he said last week.

Yes, I thought that too.

JMO

I don't know many men who know when their kids have a doc or dentist appt. The wife makes the appts and she takes the child to it. Dad usually finds out after the fact. He could know ahead of time if the child brings the appt to his attention. Most dads don't concern themselves with the children's reg appts though. It's a job that mom takes care of.

Having worked in a Dr's. office for many years, I feel that I should offer a factual perspective on this issue. Not only do MANY dads know about the appointments, they often MAKE the appointments, and many of them either bring the child to the appointment or attend with the mom. For at least 50% to 70% of all appointments at least one of these actions involving a dad occurs. This may not have been the case 30 years ago, but it is definitely so in current times. In a case where some kind of a special assessment is being done (where a teacher might have a question form to fill out) the percentage of dad's involved would be even higher. In a case where a step mom would be the child's primary caregiver such as this one, it might even be required that the dad be there, in case any forms for specialized testing needed to be signed. It would need to be a CUSTODIAL parent who gave permission for such things to avoid repercussions if the non-custodial biological parent disagreed.

I hope I make sense.
I see alot of people discussing that their husbands don't necessarily know about doctor's appointments, especially because the Mother usually makes them. I understand all this.
Let me ask you this, this way.
If your child were to go missing, and there was a doctor's appointment made, and it was important in the investigation. Would your husband's be interested in knowing at this point about that doctor's appointment? Would they question you about it ? Would they want to know the answer to it ? If not , why not ?

It has been confirmed by LE that she was the last person to see him? I thought that part was still unclear? (He was seen by someone else @ 9am after Terri left?) I'll have to go look for the link but that's the last thing I saw confirmed about him being seen.

Yes LE said Terri was the last person to see him that morning.

Indeed, but what about revealing that info to a third party, i.e. half the entire bloody world, that is to say, us? Would that fall under HIPAA, that even the parent of a minor cannot reveal medical info to outsiders? Seems like a drop in the bucket considering how much other information is out there, but I'm trying to think of all the angles because the answer was kinda weird. (I lean toward a LE strategy reason, not a "Dad is a space case" or LE is incompetent reason.)

No. HIPAA privacy and security regulations only come into play for specific covered entities.

Who Must Follow These Laws

We call the entities that must follow the HIPAA regulations covered entities.

Covered entities include:

• Health Plans, including health insurance companies, HMOs, company health plans, and certain government programs that pay for health care, such as Medicare and Medicaid.
  • Most Health Care Providers—those that conduct certain business electronically, such as electronically billing your health insurance—including most doctors, clinics, hospitals, psychologists, chiropractors, nursing homes, pharmacies, and dentists.
  • Health Care Clearinghouses—entities that process nonstandard health information they receive from another entity into a standard (i.e., standard electronic format or data content), or vice versa.

Who Is Not Required to Follow These Laws

Many organizations that have health information about you do not have to follow these laws.

Examples of organizations that do not have to follow the Privacy and Security Rules include:

• life insurers,
  • employers,
  • workers compensation carriers,
  • many schools and school districts,
  • many state agencies like child protective service agencies,
  • many law enforcement agencies,
  • many municipal offices.

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/coveredentities/index.html

Yes, I thought that too.

JMO

I'm still looking for the right video or a transcript from the video. If anyone has a link or knows which one I'm speaking of and has it to post, please do so. tyia

Q: Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor’s appt.?
A: KAINE – There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain.
BBM
ITA nurseratchett! That is why this question was answered and answered this way. "unknown WHEN appointment was scheduled" IMO TH threw in the appojntment to confuse the situation w/ the teacher that day. Maybe she never made an appointment but did say directly to the teacher that Kyron would be gone for an appointment. Or maybe TH called that afternoon to make an appointment for the following week to cover for her saying it to the teacher then saying to her friend(i think) that the teacher couldnt hear. IDK but I am thankful that they did finally tighten up some questions. Especially what time Kaine saw Kyron last and what time he got home.

My thoughts exactly. When I first read

Immediately the wording jumped out at me. It could be completely innocuous, but the way that was worded said to me that it is possible that the appointment could have been scheduled at a time that seemed suspicious...ie someone trying to call after Kyron was missing.

I guess I just expected to read "It's not certain when HE was scheduled to go" not when the appointment, itself, was scheduled. But maybe I just read it wrong...

wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong

:crazy:

So, Kaine and Desiree saying she isn't cooperating is more believable to you than LE's direct statement saying she IS cooperating? :waitasec: I'm really confused by that.

Things may change...

This is the sheriff on July 2/3:
Jung: "One of the things that we talked about yesterday was just the discussion about, or the family asking for Terri Horman's full cooperation. And you know that she had hired an attorney. Do you know if since then she has pulled back or if she's either refused to respond to interviews or anything along those lines?"

Staton: "At this point, I can't comment on that. There's been no indication with regards to the particular family issues, that is a personal issue I believe that you would have to contact the parties of the family and obtain that information through them. But with regards to the cooperation level, I couldn't comment on that at this point."

Not very forceful praise of her cooperation at the moment IMO.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

(respectfully snipped)

Seems Kaine doesn't know much about what was going on in his son's life.

Seems that no one interviewed this man prior to the son going missing. I think that a before and after interview might be different. Why should this man expose to anyone anything that LE has not coached him to expose? So that those who are anxious to pick apart a weakened being could have their fill?

Your statement offends me on the part of this father. HE is a victim and I believe that we are a victim friendly site.

I hope I make sense.
I see alot of people discussing that their husbands don't necessarily know about doctor's appointments, especially because the Mother usually makes them. I understand all this.
Let me ask you this, this way.
If your child were to go missing, and there was a doctor's appointment made, and it was important in the investigation. Would your husband's be interested in knowing at this point about that doctor's appointment? Would they question you about it ? Would they want to know the answer to it ? If not , why not ?

I would imagine Kaine does know the answer but isnt allowed to say. But if the appointment doesnt exist it becomes a he said she said situation with the teacher saying one thing and Terri the other and IMO thats wherein the problem if any lies.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member