Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they realize the content of their interviews/press releases were causing somewhat of a backash and decided to rethink their public involvement?

Just guessing.

I want it to mean that the case is ready to pop wide open. That of course would also mean they'd be too busy, and it's what I'm hoping it means. But if they're also selling t-shirts and bracelets? Probably not.

I assumed (moo), maybe wishful thinking, that due to the tipster, LE would have some things to say now. Or that, at least, while LE put what they have together, it would be better for the parents not to say anything. Maybe I'm too hopeful that the answers are there now.

I want it to mean that the case is ready to pop wide open. That of course would also mean they'd be too busy, and it's what I'm hoping it means. But if they're also selling t-shirts and bracelets? Probably not.

Or maybe the selling of T-shirts and bracelets is to give them something else to do? Maybe LE told them they need to speak less and show that they are doing more. I don't think the selling of t-shirts and bracelets means something big couldn't happen this week. I think LE just has them on a different front now. It's like they're changing tactics because KH and DY in the public wasn't working so well. It's like LE is making them more behind the scenes.

Plus, I'm sure it was hard for them to be on camera twice a week. Maybe they needed a break.

Hmmm did they go 'off brief' in the last presser by answering too many questions, or do we take this at face value? Maybe the profilers think that by withdrawing somewhat they will draw Terri out? Or is something afoot? ..... Oh not too keen on the selling t-shirts and bracelets really, but if its the only way to get the funds they need for the searches then I understand why they would need to. Hope something breaks in this case soon.

These are not wealthy people, and printing flyers, putting up billboards, etc costs money. Not to mention the costs if they're going to hire a PI, which is phenomenally expensive. They're not going to make much from tshirts and bracelets, but it will help offset their expenses for flyers, billboards, etc, and allow them to get more out there, and more quickly.

They are SELLING tshirts and bracelets??? May I have a link to that? TIA. I am not doubting it-I just want to read about the motivation.

They are SELLING tshirts and bracelets??? May I have a link to that? TIA. I am not doubting it-I just want to read about the motivation.

I read that here: :innocent:

There was a video up late last night with the story, however the webcam is now covering the traffic.

Watching http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html stream their News at 10, and they mentioned the statement by Kyron's parents tonight,
The also reported that the family is going to launch a website soon to sell tee shirts and bracelets.

These are not wealthy people, and printing flyers, putting up billboards, etc costs money. Not to mention the costs if they're going to hire a PI, which is phenomenally expensive. They're not going to make much from tshirts and bracelets, but it will help offset their expenses for flyers, billboards, etc, and allow them to get more out there, and more quickly.

I'm actually surprised they haven't tried to raise a little money to defray the costs before now. It can be incredibly expensive to hire a PI and keep producing the fliers, billboards, etc. I think it's reasonable to try and offset that a bit.

"Our focus continues to be fully on the investigation and finding Kyron. All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week."

This could mean so many different things - withdrawing because of public opinion, because LE told them to tone their appearances down, or perhaps anticipating a busy week because LE may arrest someone. It could even mean they may have to return for questioning with investigators because something isn't panning out, or maybe to attempt to ID people, etc.

It could be a lot of things. :waitasec:

Found a link to the statement.

Here are some of the bits:
>>All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week.<<

>>We are currently planning on holding sessions the following week (July 19th and July 22nd) as events progress.<<

There is more at the above link.

Isn't there also a missing swimmer that LE and the search teams have to find?

It seems coincidental to me that they would cancel PC's this week after all of the major-media events last week...I would not be surprised if LE convinced them that they were not helping the case at this point.

~snip~

"All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week."

To me it just sounds to me like their plates are very full this week and they are planning ahead for it.

I hope we can start a separate thread when the Tshirts and Bracelets come about. I would like to discuss this issue....

I took it to mean that Kaine and Desiree's obligations to meet with LE would be heavy this week, and that's why they wouldn't have time to do the pressers. But it's not really clear, as you say. Hoping there will be more info from locals or in a story or video.

That's how I understood it...

I think LE is playing this very close to the vest. Desiree and Kaine probably don't have much more to say to the public, especially with the dual vigil last week. That had to be emotionally draining.

They say they'll update with any breaking news. Until then, it's fine with me if they need a little privacy. Those pressers must be so stressful.

It seems coincidental to me that they would cancel PC's this week after all of the major-media events last week...I would not be surprised if LE convinced them that they were not helping the case at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised. Honestly, I am pretty sure TH is involved but last week, after all those media events, I started climbing back on the fence. Not really because I felt that TH was any less guilty but because DY was really rubbing me the wrong way. I don't know exactly why but I figure I can not possibly the only one feeling this way.

Also, if KH and DY are really so convinced that TH is guilty I don't see how telling us will make her talk. In fact, she probably realizes that they really need her to talk and don't have enough info on her. That in my opinion will make her close up even more.

Of course...MOO.

i wonder if lE told them to zip it cause they might be compromising an indictment/arrest.

but about the bracelets and stuff........that stuff has happened in past cases, jaycee dugard and illene mischeloff to name a couple. that is not unusual

All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week

This statement leads me to believe they are hopeful and things are really moving

Then they talk about setting up a site for t-shirts and bracelets

This leads me to believe they are setting in for the long haul. I know they as a family already have..but including citizens and funds shows this may not be moving along quickly. Who wants to purchase a Missing Kyron shirt after they find the little guy? I would be thrilled, but I wouldnt be going to their site to buy a shirt after he was found, kwim? There is probably an upfront cost for production of these items. If they felt the case was about to break I dont think they could afford to take a risk on that small business endeavor.

JMO

ETA~ seems we are seeing less of Tony. I dont know what that means but the statement was issued from Kaine & Desiree. My thoughts is there is/was jealousy between TH and DY and they are trying to strike a nerve with appearing together and signing their names as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence