Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM

I can't imagine that KH, DY or TH is working as usual. I figure they have all the normal costs of living, including mortgages, car payments, utilities, food, etc, plus costs associated with the search, like increased cell bills, eating out due to lack of time to prepare food, all three are living away from their homes right now, even just stuff like increased gas costs due to driving more than usual. Their expenses for the last month could easily be double or triple their normal expenses.

No matter how understanding their employers are, there are bound to be limits on that understanding-ness. I'd be totally stunned if any of the employers involved gave them huge bonuses to cover their increased expenses. I figure that their employers probably are letting them take all their personal time, maybe also allowing co-workers to donate personal time to them. That would be considered generous by most people's standards.

As KH said, he wants Kyron to come home to his real home. That seems like a very reasonable wish to me. DY has another son to consider as well.

I hugely doubt they would get rich off T-shirt and bracelet sales. I'm hoping they can make enough to keep the publicity going.

BBM

I think therein lies the discomfort a lot of people feel about this sort of thing. Should the funds go to the living expenses of the parents? It's a big question.

Personally, I think yes, at least for the first few months, as I cannot imagine going back to work as usual while my child was lost/stolen. But others have an image of the parents "profiting," which makes them uncomfortable.

(In actually, I think that is fairly wrong, as I can't see them selling enough merch to pull a "profit." MOO.)

I kind of wish an external foundation would sell the t-shirts and bracelets and funnel the money to the search, etc. I think this might help alleviate the tension people feel about this issue.

I thought from Desiree's remarks about Kyron's room at her home that she had probably turned his bed down for that Friday night, since they would getting back there late, not that she never made it from last time he was there. And that it is probably still turned down.

Thank you for this... I was thinking the same. I am heartbroken for both Kaine and Desiree. I see them both as victims, almost as much as Kyron. They are both without their child...their flesh and blood...not knowing where he is... if he's safe, hungry, hurt, sick, etc.

I'm sure their plates are full with the investigation, and I certainly hope this week yields some answers!

Still praying for you Kyron... we need you back home! :(

i would assume kaine and desiree's places of work arent exactly thrilled with the media attention they'd be getting there either.

have no problem with the braclets and t-shirts. its not like they are profiting off of this :(

All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week

This statement leads me to believe they are hopeful and things are really moving

Then they talk about setting up a site for t-shirts and bracelets

This leads me to believe they are setting in for the long haul. I know they as a family already have..but including citizens and funds shows this may not be moving along quickly. Who wants to purchase a Missing Kyron shirt after they find the little guy? I would be thrilled, but I wouldnt be going to their site to buy a shirt after he was found, kwim? There is probably an upfront cost for production of these items. If they felt the case was about to break I dont think they could afford to take a risk on that small business endeavor.

JMO

ETA~ seems we are seeing less of Tony. I dont know what that means but the statement was issued from Kaine & Desiree. My thoughts is there is/was jealousy between TH and DY and they are trying to strike a nerve with appearing together and signing their names as such.

Hmmm....if I was jealous of my husband and another woman, seeing them together all the time would just make me madder. I think if I was TH I would shut my mouth even more to make them pay. I don't think it would start making me talk. MOO.

i wonder if potential backlash over t-shirts and the such is because of our good friends the anythony's more then anything here.

i would assume kaine and desiree's places of work arent exactly thrilled with the media attention they'd be getting there either.

have no problem with the braclets and t-shirts. its not like they are profiting off of this :(

Who has said they are?

In missing children cases, I see nothing wrong with having some sort of fund to help the families. Bills still need to get paid.
If your husband or child dies, from an accident or something. You might collect insurance money that will be the support to pay your bills. So you have time t grieve.. But what if they go missing, and you just want to help, and look, how can one work. Gosh I hope I explained that well..

Who has said they are?

no one specifically.

but thats the impression i get when i read 'what are they thinking?'. like i stated at the start of the case, when none in the family were under suspicion, no one knows how they would react or what lengths they would go to if it was themseles in this situation :(

Whatever it takes to bring Kyron home, If it means selling T-Shirts and Bracelets, then so be it..... If I was a local , I would buy as many as I coulds afford and just pass them out to all friends and faimly JMO

Whatever it takes to bring Kyron home, If it means selling T-Shirts and Bracelets, then so be it..... If I was a local , I would buy as many as I coulds afford and just pass them out to all friends and faimly JMO

At least with the internet now, anyone has the ability to get one, and his face can be seen far and wide.

I agree, kind of. I totally do not blame parents for this kind of thing to help manage the costs, and it is good for getting publicity out there... but I just really wish the family didn't have to resort to this.

Merchandising is just... I don't know. I'm not speaking ill of the family for this choice. I just wish it didn't have to come to this, if that makes sense.

I believe that KH's fellow Intel employees, and the fellow LEO's that Kyron's step dad works with wouldn't hesitate to do some fund raising for this family. If they haven't already. IIRC, LE did raise money for Sommer Thompson's family....That being said, in all fairness, the Tshirt and bracelet sales are not so much about the money. IMO, it gives the family a focus, and at the same time,it keeps Kyron's image in the public's mind. The news cycle moves like lightning, and sadly, stories do get forgotten.....

In missing children cases, I see nothing wrong with having some sort of fund to help the families. Bills still need to get paid.
If your husband or child dies, from an accident or something. You might collect insurance money that will be the support to pay your bills. So you have time t grieve.. But what if they go missing, and you just want to help, and look, how can one work. Gosh I hope I explained that well..
You explained it very well, and I agree. I can't imagine my child disappearing and being forced to resume my normal routine while still in limbo. I'd look for any feasible means to hold out until there was a resolution. If selling t-shirts and bracelets will buy the parents a little time, so be it.

when are they (Kaine and Terri) due in court on the RO? It must be coming up...

All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week

This statement leads me to believe they are hopeful and things are really moving

Then they talk about setting up a site for t-shirts and bracelets

This leads me to believe they are setting in for the long haul. I know they as a family already have..but including citizens and funds shows this may not be moving along quickly. Who wants to purchase a Missing Kyron shirt after they find the little guy? I would be thrilled, but I wouldnt be going to their site to buy a shirt after he was found, kwim? There is probably an upfront cost for production of these items. If they felt the case was about to break I dont think they could afford to take a risk on that small business endeavor.

JMO

ETA~ seems we are seeing less of Tony. I dont know what that means but the statement was issued from Kaine & Desiree. My thoughts is there is/was jealousy between TH and DY and they are trying to strike a nerve with appearing together and signing their names as such.

Not picking on you, 4BB-just grabbing one of the posts regarding merchandising...

I apparently have derailed the thread and for that I apologize. I think that there is a valid discussion to be had on the need for merchandising in a case like this and what the proceeds might be used for. Until the website is actually up, I think it is just speculative at this point. JMO.

As far as what I underlined, no offense but I think that is just one of a number of possibilities. I mean someone has to work, right? Tony is a member of LE and he is just as likely to be back to working his job which does not carry with it regular hours.....

My problem with desiree' is how she's talking like Kyron lived with her. She said she misses the sound of him breathing, leaving his bed unmade.... These are things a full-time parent may feel but if you only see your child a couple days a month.... I doubt it. It really ticks me off when she talks like she didn't trust TH before Kyron disappeared, WTH?

Just because Kyron did not live with her, does not make her less of a caring parent. The woman is heartbroken. She has every right to say the things she has said.

I really wish this sterotyping did not exist. Sometimes a child is better off with a Dad vs a Mom or vice versa. The non custodial parent can still be extremely involved. School trips, concerts, doctor app. summer break, spring break etc.

We do not know the full story of her personal life, nor should we. What I see right now is a devastated family, their pain must be unbearable.

about deseriee.

my mom had actual legal custody of me but because she worked 2 to 3 jobs most of the time i spent most of the time at my grandparents. but i was always with mom on weekends and that time was invaluable, i never doubted her love for me just because she didnt have 'custody' most of the time.

Bringing forward Kaine and Desiree's statement released last night, for those just joining the thread.

Since it says the pressers are cancelled for this week, but not for next week, I don't think this stemmed from LE cautioning them that they were saying too much. Otherwise I would think they wouldn't be doing pressers next week. I think they mean what they say in the statement - that they'll be busy with LE this week.

And I *really* want to know why!

Our focus continues to be fully on the investigation and finding Kyron. All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week. As a result, we are sorry that we cannot schedule any media meetings. We really apologize for the change but, as always, our priority is keeping our energy and available time focused on the search and both of those things will be in short supply this week. We will keep you updated immediately on any changes. If any breaking events do come up we will schedule a Q&A or interview session accordingly. Thanks for your understanding. We are currently planning on holding sessions the following week (July 19th and July 22nd) as events progress.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...ring-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I did think that it was a bit unwise to commit to a fixed schedule of media appearances because it may be very exhausting, you might not always be sure what to say this time to keep the interest and to avoid saying too much, and because you can't really predict what might come up and demand your time.

If the RO hearing is coming up shortly it might mean a lot of work for Kaine at least. Not sure if Desiree and Tony would have any role in that one.

It's sad to see the negativity towards how Desiree feels about her son, It's also sad to see that people are nit picking about a few t-shirts and bracelets that will basically put Kyron's picture and his story in everyone's face...

I'll just say this, if the t-shirts and bracelets are available to be purchased off the internet, I will buy SEVERAL. And as far as her missing her son, I'm not a mother, but my 5 year old nephew spends every other weekend at my home. He has his own bedroom, clothes, toys, the whole works... When he's not here, I miss him horribly (My sister went back to work as soon as she could after he was born, so I had been watching him everyday for the first 3 years of his life... He's my little buddy... and he'll even tell you that I'm his best friend because I'm the best...) On Sundays when he leaves, it flat out sucks. (and that's with me knowing he's coming back!) I can't imagine being a parent and having to know that there is a very real possibility that your child isn't coming back. Imo... She and Kaine both probably feel like their hearts have been ripped out of their chest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove