Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The transcript doesn't indicate that Kaine said he was on his way to work, just that he hugged Kyron and told him to have a great day and etc.

Different articles - KGW vs KPTV.

ETA: I need to go back and check if it's KGW or another station that said 'on his way to work'.

I find it telling how differently Kaine and Desiree are interacting with LE:

Kaine, in the KPTV interview:

In the first couple weeks, and well into this week as well, we've had a lot of hours where we've spent with investigators. When we're not working with the investigators or the investigation directly, it's working with all the people in the community . . . Every day we talk to as many people as we can when we're kind of getting a little down time from the investigation aspect of it.

Desiree, in the same interview:
Unfortunately, we are just reinforced every day that they have more tips and how many tips they've gotten. To date, it's 2,500 tips now.

So it sounds to me like Desiree is mainly getting updates, while Kaine and Terri are being questioned relentlessly. (He can call it "working with the investigators" all he wants, but that's what Tammy Smith used to call it, too.)

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

Transcribed from KGW's interview video beginning at -0:32. This is the reporter speaking:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-Hormans-parents-talk-one-on-one-with-KGW-97153384.html

"During our one on one interview Kyron's father clarified that he was home the afternoon that Kyron disappeared. He was working from home, and described how he and Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, went to the bus expecting him to arrive home from school on June 4. The family had planned to go out for ice cream that afternoon. Kyron was not on the bus. The family called the school and found out he had not attended, and at that point, the search started."

So he has stated he was home the afternoon that Kyron disappeared.. wonder where he was in the am..JMO

I find it telling how differently Kaine and Desiree are interacting with LE:

Kaine, in the KPTV interview:

Desiree, in the same interview:

So it sounds to me like Desiree is mainly getting updates, while Kaine and Terri are being questioned relentlessly. (He can call it "working with the investigators" all he wants, but that's what Tammy Smith used to call it, too.)

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

Also, biomom's house has not been searched; biodad/stepmom's house has.

Were all the local news stations at the church asking the same questions by the one reporter? Or did they each do a separate interview? Or what?

Were all the local news stations at the church asking the same questions by the one reporter? Or did they each do a separate interview? Or what?

I believe they did interviews with each news station.

Locally and nationally.

The remark about him being afraid of not having his glasses makes me understand why LE wouldn't comment on health issues early on.

LE hasnt' commented on much at all, out of concern for Kyron's safety? But this is what I am thinking regarding Kyron's glasses. Why would they put these statements out there regarding Kyron's glasses? This would alert the perp that he/she could just remove his glasses and he would be rendered legally blind and afraid. This makes me think that maybe the glasses have been found and they are speaking to a suspect.

Does anyone know if LE advises parents of missing children as to what can be discussed on national television?

IDK what to think, really! All MOO.

wm

Nellie, I kind of wonder the same thing about the SM being used as a scapegoat. I think the questionaire was a tool used to expand on a statement(s) made by someone else and SM was the avenueto glean information. I know there are 'ping' questions and she's allegedly taking a 2nd polygraph. She was the last to see Kyron and I can understand LE being thorough in questioning her.

I just don't believe in my heart of hearts that she is involved but that's just JMO.

I did notice in the Today interview, when the subject turned to TH, DY kind of tensed up and made a slight squint. But I feel it was more of a reaction to the content of the question because they have been instructed by LE not to go there so they knew they couldn't answer.

All MOO of course.

OT IDK how I was listed as a 'thread starter' here. JBean combined two threads and Poof there was my 'hat'! Anyway thanks JBean! Good topic and great discussion.
BBM

Waltzingmatilda,

If you don't mind answering, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.

Who do you believe is making Terri a scapegoat? I am also curious about the rest of your post that I bolded and copied below:

"Nellie, I kind of wonder the same thing about the SM being used as a scapegoat. I think the questionaire was a tool used to expand on a statement(s) made by someone else and SM was the avenueto glean information." (waltzingmatilda)

If I understand your thinking here, I wonder if LE would risk Terri H's reputation this way. It seems that having her photo, along with the pointed questionnaire out there, for the world to see and wonder about, would have had to been a decision that was not made lightly.

Thanks in advance if you want to discuss this.

like i said last night, 70,000 arm chair body language experts.

The transcript doesn't indicate that Kaine said he was on his way to work, just that he hugged Kyron and told him to have a great day and etc.

Yes STEADFAST, I was thinking tho if he did go to the office for a bit he would have been driving the red Mustang as Terri took the truck at approx 8am, right? This might be a bit O/T, but Kyron's project simply folded up and would easily have fit in the back of the Mustang w/ the diorama being set on the back seat. It does raise a question IMO, maybe not a huge one tho as to why she would drive the white truck when the Mustang would probably work just fine.

ETA: On further thought if she got back home right away, say 9am, he'd have his truck.

i think im stepping away cause this is turning into madness.

Transcribed from KGW's interview video beginning at -0:32. This is the reporter speaking:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-Hormans-parents-talk-one-on-one-with-KGW-97153384.html

"During our one on one interview Kyron's father clarified that he was home the afternoon that Kyron disappeared. He was working from home, and described how he and Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, went to the bus expecting him to arrive home from school on June 4. The family had planned to go out for ice cream that afternoon. Kyron was not on the bus. The family called the school and found out he had not attended, and at that point, the search started."
Thanks for the link and the information, BeanE.

Does that mean he came home from work sometime before, or during the afternoon? In one of the televised interviews this morning (I think it was GMA) Kaine H. told the reporter he went to work that morning. I don't remember if he said that "morning," or that "day." He didn't volunteer that he was home that afternoon.

Maybe the SM said to use her as a scapegoat. If I was innocent and they said it could possibly help bring out information by putting out the flyer - than by all means. Who cares what the public thinks of your reputation. It will repair when the boy is found. All our lives we dodge stupid rumors and survive.

This kind of thing destroys innocent people everyday and it starts by pointing fingers without the knowledge of all evidence.

desiree seemed shaken when merideth essentially asked her 'are you afraid what might have happened to him?' that was a pretty dumb question from her, but heck her big time before this was hosting a stupid gameshow. i cant believe she asked her that, in that way

Merideth actually has had a long career as a journalist, investigative reporter and newscaster. The "stupid gameshow" is just a small part of her career.

I want to see an interview with TH. She was "in the hallway" with him that morning. She's the person I want to hear from. She needs to stop running from cameras and speak up about this.

I disagree. She only needs to speak to LE, which she's doing. They've said repeatedly and consistently that she is being fully cooperative with them.

So...if both were home in the afternoon...why didn't at least one of them go to the talent show? I guess Kyron wasn't in it. No confirmation that he was supposed to be, is there?

Merideth actually has had a long career as a journalist, investigative reporter and newscaster. The "stupid gameshow" is just a small part of her career.

then she should know better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member